MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Another Accident (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=18103)

1969Mach1 01-07-2002 07:57 PM

Another Accident

1 Attachment(s)
Well this is me almost dieing #2, last night my 2 best friends and I were driving home from a Christmas work party (Party was after Christmas for several reasons) and we were just cruisin around on the way home when we decided to go look at some big houses since we figure big house, lots of money and nice cars. =) But anyway we started slowing down when our *** end started fishtailing and we hit the gard-rail and then spun and did a 180 and hit the gard-rail pretty hard sideways. I was in the back seat on the drivers side. That's where we hit the gard-rail after the 180. Talk about pretty damn scary. Everyone was ok, just alittle shooken up that's all. But a fair amount of damage. Nothing that can't be fixxed. New front bumber, new front fender, hood to be fixed up alittle, new front light, rear light, and rear quarter panel. So far that's what I noticed from the accident. Probably acouple little things. But the gard-rail saved us. It was about a 20foot drop down a hill if we went threw or over it. I'll see if I can post any pics of the accident cause I had my new digital camera with me so I got lots of pictures. :D I'll post the one of me standing by the front light. Aslong as no one got hurt we arn't to worried. But try explaining to parents. I still get in **** cause of mine. And it was 1 month exactly to the day that I got into my accident, so that is pretty scary.

I included the picture of me, kinda hard to see but you'll get the idea. :rolleyes:

Back Seat Driver 01-07-2002 08:19 PM

man that really sucks. i'm glad everyones alright though.

tireburner163 01-07-2002 09:15 PM

Let me guess, you got to you turn, were going to too fast to make the turn, and hit the brakes on the hard side. BOOM, wreck time.

BTW I assume you were not wearing a seat belt(or how esle would you have ended up in the backseat). That is DUMB, just put the thing on.

1969Mach1 01-07-2002 09:30 PM

We were wearing seatbelts, and I got in the back cause thats where I was sitting. And we weren't going fast at all we hit black ice. And he let go of the breaks we didn't care the turn we cared about getting out of the fishtail and it was to late.

tireburner163 01-07-2002 10:03 PM

O, I thought you were driving. Was it your car? If you weren't driving it's not that much skin off you ***

6T9PONY 01-07-2002 10:34 PM

Man, you're bad luck! When I get my Stang done, you're staying the heck away from it!! You and your friends need to be more careful!! I'm glad to hear you guys are OK though. I hope the car is ok too. Good luck with repair.

tireburner163 01-07-2002 10:38 PM

1969Mach1, I would like to apoligize. I kinda sounded like a *** in my posts. I re-read the post I I realized that I missed several key things. I thought you were saying that you were going to get in trouble cause of the wreck. I should have read the post more carefully. I also apoligize for saying that you weren't wearing seat belts, I was slightly mad, when I typed that. I was mad because I lost two good friends, because they didnt' take the time to buckle up and I thought you were making the same mistake.

Josh, aka the tireburner

Topless In Texas 01-08-2002 12:22 AM

glad ya'll are OKAY!!

Dang....so sorry to hear about that!!! BUT. I'm really glad ya'll are okay!!!! Vehicles can be fixed easily!!!! People dont always get that lucky!!!
BTW: is that a bunch of SNOW or what???? Thats not something I see much down here!!!!!! :D

Blue88 01-08-2002 04:39 PM

Fishtailed a Celebrity?

My GF has one. I've heard it's fairly easy to do but I've never done it. A Celebrity is a good winter beater. Decent handling in the snow. Should be easy to fix, too. Salvage yards have a ton of them.

1969Mach1 01-08-2002 04:49 PM

Yeh, he drives it all year round. The guy loves his car so much, it may not be the prettiest car out there but he loves it so much. =) I thought he was going to cry just cause he hurt his car.

And tireburner163 it's ok man, I was wondering if I typed something wrong but it's all good man. Sorry to hear about your friends. We always buckle up, and make sure we do no matter how short the drive is.

And Yes Topless In Texas we get a fair amount of snow here. Not that much this year actually but next time it snows I'll post some pics for you lucky folks who don't get to see much of it. :D

And Blue88 I don't believe it will be much to fix it, just some body work. And it's a beater car at most to say so he isn't overly concerned on a high quality job to be done on it.