View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Anybody else watch the news? Ford losing billions

If I may interject, is it not obvious why 1SVT2NV believes what he does? The Auto Workers Union has virtually destroyed the entire domestic automotive industry by handicapping the major corporations with their incessant demands for their employer to take care of them for life. The Union itself is as corrupt as any other, making unreasonable demands and immediately threatening to cripple the company should it not comply with those demands. What does the Union tell the workers? Simple. That the company is actually far better off financially than they indicate in order to justify the outrageous demands made. That way, the auto worker can feel as though they are justified, and that the Union is actually of value. Instead, thousands of Union workers are now paying the price in the form of layoffs, outsourcing, plant closings, and early buyouts.

Unions once helped start a revolution, creating a middle class where there was once only rich and poor. Not any more. The relationship is more like that of a representative with a political agenda and a big head. They'll get their way and look good doing it... no matter the cost to the taxpayers, employee's or the country.

Ford is pretending they're in trouble so they can... exactly what now? Sell more cars? No, that doesn't help them. Make more profit? By selling less cars and eating billions of losses in stock value? No, again, that's an extremely negative outcome. Perhaps they're doing it so they can suddenly surprise the rest of the auto manufacturers and outsell their opponents? Absolutely laughable since any major corporation would rather remain on top than allow others to pass them. Oh, I get it. They must be pretending they're failing by fraudulently filing incorrect annual reports, misleading investors and financial analysts, making false sales projections, and profit statements all so they can get their workers to take a pay cut. Please. Grow up. I don't care how old you are. If you allow some Union representative to spoon feed you that information, you're not worth 1/4 of what your company is paying you so feel lucky you're not flipping burgers.

Whether or not your limited brain functions allow you to accept the reality that Ford is currently screwed and very much in danger of having to sell out to a large, profitable foreign auto maker, the reality is just that. I'm not as forgiving as Mr 5.0 when it comes to stupidity. I have a rather low tolerance for it, actually. You should spend some time going over financials and looking at industry reports prior to babbling your unresearched, uninformed, and blatantly stupid position.

In five years Ford will either be owned by another company, bankrupt or turning the corner. There is the possibility that Ford's unproven model lineup could turn the company around over the next several years by proving to be reliable which is something Ford's overall lineup has failed miserably at for decades. The chances are relatively slim, though. As Mr 5.0 has indicated, institutional investors are increasingly apprehensive about Ford's huge losses in terms of revenue, profit, and their overall last ditch effort massive restructuring. If those investors sell, Ford is finished.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote