MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2001, 11:08 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unhappy Is anyone elses car Therapy during hard times??

Does anyone else use there car as therapy? When ever I get depressed and down I use my car to clear my mind.

I've been having girlfriend problems again. I think its about time I took Rbatsons advice and end the relationship. Were fighting 70 percent of the time and making up the other 30 percent. Seems like every other week we dont talk to each other because were ticked off.

I cant handle it anymore, I dont want to keep hurting her feelings, and I dont want my feeling hurt constantly. Maybe it would be best if me and her stopped seeing one another. She got mad at me yesterday and yelled at me because I couldnt hear what she was saying on the phone. I asked her to repeat herself several times and all she did was mumble something then accuse me of choosing not to hear what she said. WTF....

Anyway, I usually use my car for therapy during times like this. Last night when I got off the Chat room, I went into the garge and waxed the hood, roof and trunk, while listening to my oldies.

I usually take the long way home, and drive for prolonged periods of time while me and her arent talking.

Yes, I even talk to my car. I know she wont answer back though.

I think the reason I give cars more attention that I give women is because I've had so many bad experiences with women. Cars dont argue back, dont whine (well they do but its a good whine. I want my car to blower whine ) They dont get b$tchy and yell at you. They arent moody, well my 64 1/2 Diane, with the 289 is moody. They seem to like the things that you give them and never ask you to return them. I havent heard my car complain since I put the off-road H-pipe on and pullies. My car does scream at me but I like the scream, 2 chamber Flows.

Okay so maybe I'm off the deep end. But if it wasnt for my intrest in cars, god know what I'd be doing to help me through rough times.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 01:37 PM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

I've talked to people about this before. Yes, I do use my car for therapy. When I'm stressed out from work, I like to do a project on the Mustang. My mind completely focuses on the the project at hand so I am able to clear my mind of everything else. It's a pain when stuff goes wrong during the project, but it's easily overcome and there is always an end to the work. I find it relaxing.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Ahh I know where your at. I wish my car was running I could use running some of that NOS right now. Red my post again

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
50-175 Nitrous Works WET Kit just added.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
84stangLX

The best part of owning a stang you care about is that it DOESN'T talk back...that's usually what starts trouble in the first place , Of course i get angrier at my mustang because of it's chronic problems than my girlfriend....actually our stangs do talk back, it's just a nice roar that is soothing, not nagging. Hey, another plus is that when cars break down and don't respond it's usually for a good reason that can be fixed with a straight forward solution, rather than, "oh, you know what you did!"...maybe i'm thinking a little too much about this analogy . I hope everything works out for you mercury, i'm sorry to hear your troubles.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 06-11-2001, 04:33 PM   #5
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs up

I hear ya loud and clear Merc! My car is the ultimate form of theropy for me. Especially now that i am really stressed out and a little scared about my move to Mass coming up soon. And when i was having the female problems not too long ago(and still continuing) i would just jump in Marbles around midnight and drive out into the country. She has been there for me when ever i needed her.

Hope you get things sorted out bud. Good luck. Jonathan

Light Em Up!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote