MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Does anyone elses job suck??

I am a computer consultant on campus at IUPUI..and I have to deal with some of the stupidest people and questions in the world..For example:

I just had this lady walk in here and said she couldnt get her psycology cd-rom disk to play at home..so i went through and got it installed ok at my consultant computer station and i said well ma'am, where did you have a problem at. She said, "well I put it in and hit play and nothing happened." So I was like did your computer freeze..she was like "NO, I AINT RICH, I DONT OWN A COMPUTER." So then I said, well where were you trying to install it at. She replied, "at home on my sons thing..its that thing where u choose cd/tape/am/fm, I put it on cd and still nothing happended." I was like what a moron!!!!!!

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:18 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy

This kind of story falls into the 'Stupid-Funny' catagory but I can understand your frustration.

Frankly, if you work in a job where you have direct contact with 'the public' (now known as 'customers') you'll have this kind of idiot to deal with - and worse.

My advice to seek a job where you don't have to deal with the customers directly, or at least with the 'general public' who often don't know much of anything about what you may be an expert in, leading to unhappy (but still funny) experiences such as the one you've described for us.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
TechnoVixen
Registered Member

my job doesn't suck, but i do have to deal with some dumb people that work with me.
I'm the network admin, and general computer problem solver there.

A week ago, somebody upstairs got a "hoax" computer virus warning and deleted some file that the computers actually needed, not just on hers, but she had the nerve to go around the ENTIRE office and delete it off of about 30 computers!
ARGH!!!!!!
I almost killed her. I had to go around to all the computers and put the damn thing back on all of them. I got off work an hour and a half late that day

------------------
*-Emilee-*
TechnoVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:38 PM   #4
rbatson

My dad usted to say that if you enjoied it, it'd be called a hobby and they would charge you to do it.

There are idiots, but thats life..
Old 06-08-2001, 02:55 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

MY JOB BLOWS A$$. Ah yes, a chance to rant about my job, I love doing that. I hate it, I despise it, I loathe it.

I'm middle management at FedEx Ground in Fayetteville. I've been cussed out in more languages than I knew existed. People dont seem to understand its not my fault the shipper hasnt sent out there order yet. Or they cant seem to understand why we cant deliver a TV sized box to a PO Box. God.

I way to many hours according to the company, but you dont see them helping out any. I get paid straight salary, no overtime, and the company just did a A$$ load of cutbacks. Cutting out raises, bonuses and any incentive checks till the damn economy picks up. Okay, I've ranted enough.

I feel much better now.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 08:26 AM   #6
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Mercury

I have to agree with you, I wouldn't want your job for anything. I tell you though, if someone comes in gritching about FedEx, tell them to go use the US Post Office next time. They'll be back.

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 10:50 PM   #7
XR1stang
Registered Member

If I had a job it would suck. But, right now I don't have a job, but it still sucks.

XR1stang
XR1stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 11:45 PM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Try bartending!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 09:39 AM   #9
Moxie
Registered Member

Smile

Bartending...oh boy. I have bartended off and on for the last ten years. Not only do you have to deal with idiots, they're drunk idiots. Although I've met a few attractive ladies standing behind the bar...

I once worked for a flooring company that specialized in custom tile and brick. I was part of the crew that tore up the old floors, so the new floor could be laid down. Try breaking up brick and tile with a pry bar and sledge hammer all day- for $5/hour.

I also tried my hand at being an outside salesman. Now there are some good jobs under that category, however, door to door sales is not one of them. I can't remember how many times in one day I had doors slammed in my face. Talk about humbling.

I guess the silver lining is that you learn something from lousy jobs- even if it's only that you need to bust your butt and move up to something better.

------------------
Moxie Racing

The Nitrous Oxide Information Site
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
Mach 1
Registered Member

My job sucs. I work for the government, need I say more?

Im topped out on my pay scale, civilian jobs in the same career field start at what I make now, and pay 1/3 more, have better benefits, etc..

I dont even get overtime! Comp. time is all thats authorized. Ive been trying unsuccessfully to get another job, so Im kinda stuck right now. Anybody out there looking for a job, avoid government jobs unless you just cant find anything else at all.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 02:48 PM   #11
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Unhappy

DAM. I almost feel bad telling all of you that i love my job. I'll spare you all the details so as to not infuriate anyone with my joy. I could never stay in a job i didn't like if not love. Jonathan

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 06:08 PM   #12
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Dealing with the public is always amusing. Being a police officer,I get "The cream of the crop."

Not long ago a dude came into the police station with a paper in his hand. He asked if this was legal.

The paper reads as follows: I give permission to my son-n-law to have sex with me. I will not have him arrested. My daughter will watch to make sure it is ok.

The letter is signed by his mother in law and >WIFE<. She told him he could have sex with mom if only she watched.

So after I read this he asks if its ok to follow through with it.

I told him if he ever set foot on City property again,he would go to jail.

If this kinda thing only happened once in a while it would not be so bad. But this is the people I deal with all day long

And thats why it sucks some times.

mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 08:14 PM   #13
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

I don't know if I hate my job. I work in a Call Center for a Bank. I get some stupid people that aggravate me but I don't hate my job. The thing I hate most about where I work is my co-workers. They do half the job I do and horse around and still get paid what I do and don't get fired. Like Saturday we took around 136 calls in 6 hours. I took 66 and the other 3 were between 22-25. Like WTF? How is that? We don't spend alot of time on each call, maybe 3 minutes. So that means I worked my butt off and they just sat on theirs. Ugh! Ok, I feel better for now. Thanks for letting me vent.
WHITECOBRAGIRL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 08:39 PM   #14
ThGr8One
Registered Member

Wink

See, now to me this whole string is quite entertaining... in a good way, of course.

I see the post from the call center rep and I must smile. I'm a Customer Service Operations Manager for a very well known Internet retailer (no advertisement or obvious plug coming, so please don't fret) and it's basically my job to make sure all our reps are getting their work done. Those other reps in the bank call center would receive a very uncomfortable one-on-one with their supervisor or worse yet... with me directly. Gee, I really do enjoy watching ineffectual employees squirm.

But, back to the topic... I love my job. I no longer need to interact directly with customers, thank God. You see, we have two types of customers: those who are afraid to click anywhere on our site (and therefore cannot complete the ordering process without some serious coaching) and those who click on every single *******' button they can find (and therefore end up with 15 copies of the first DVD they see, 22 unexpected copies of "Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns" because the cover looked intriguing, and -- best of all -- 36 table saws... all because they're pretty much brain dead.)

Ahh... but now that I'm part of management I get to deal more directly with our VPs, other departmental managers, and the fine folks in Finance. Gawd... shoot me now. :P

~ Greg ~
ThGr8One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 12:53 AM   #15
Power
Registered Member

The best job I ever had was right after high school when I worked in the timber industry for about 2 years. Falling timber is such a rush if your a hick....

But alas....the Pac-Northwest industry was already on its way downhill thanks to the Spotted Owl, so I got out.........Now I'm in the army and almost ready to leave this bulls--t. I'm going to go be a police officer for a bit.

Yes, I hate my current job.........I loved my old one.

[This message has been edited by Power (edited 06-15-2001).]
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 09:18 AM   #16
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

I just got a new job and mine already sucks... I work at Foley's and my job is to fold towels. Try doing that for 8 hours straight with customers asking you which one is the best. The only good thing about my job is Beauty gets dried off with Polo towels now. They are super soft! LOL

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
PonyGirl

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote