MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-12-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
scott9050
Registered Member

Thumbs down 5.0 mustangs are slower stock and cavaliers

According to the ricey people in this thread:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...=21707&t=21707

The moronic BS is so think you can cut it with a knife. Apparently their cars are better to mod and ours suck. Also a bone stock 5.0 can't run low 14's, they can barely make it out of the 15's. Anyone want to let them know what you think about that?
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Why waste time?

Besides, I think the site's disclaimer puts it best:

Quote:
J-Body Versus Forum
The JBO does not condone street racing and fully realize that much of the talk that goes on here is complete BS. To anyone just visiting here and getting angry because some kid claimed they beat a car like yours with their 88 2.0L Cavalier wagon running on 3 cylinders, please realize that we think they're stupid too. Our apologies for the pissing contests and completely off-the-wall commentaries that will undoubtedly unfold as such claims are made. The views of members represented in this forum are certainly not representative of the views of the JBO as a whole. --emphasis added
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #3
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Another reason Imports (or ricers whatever you want to call them)

SUCK!!!!!!!!!

BTW, that thread is 6 pages long. For anyone who doesn't want to read it all, It is the same shit page after page.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
84LX89GT
Mustangs

The good thing about a mustang that runs 16's......IT'S NOT A CAVALIER!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but i have nothing nice to say about "modifying" a cavalier at this point in time. I had $3500 total including purchase price into my mustang and ran a 13.30....which contradicts everything they said. There are slow mustangs out there (high mileage, poorly tuned), all i did to mine was bolt ons to a 130,000 mile engine.
......that whole thread makes me want to vomit, i'm done, they can drive around in their rattle cans all they want and claim mustangs are slow.
Another thing that tweeks me is that they say mustangs are slow.....how fast were any car during the years they made those, NOT FAST AT ALL, especially frikkin cavaliers. Mustangs were one of the cheapest, fastest cars made during the mid-late 80's early 90's until Chevy got with it.....and not with the cavalier, but with the camaro.

I'm done

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Mass Stang
Registered Member

Ricers are a ignorant bunch hu ?
Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #6
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

After reading that it makes me want to go and find some little j body ricer motherf*^&%$ and beat his ass. Racing of course. I would even take them in my 2.0L ranger.

Ricers are a bunch of high school retards who buy a 4cyl piece of junk and put a stupid fart can and stickers on it and think its fast. They should have never made that movie I swear. In my book, ignorant is putting it lightly.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I love how all of the 'kids' on the J-body forum talk about smoking stock 5.0's I didn't know any stock 5.0L's even existed anymore

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #8
200k5oh
Registered Member

well congrats if they beat a stock 5.0.
notice their are some stock 5.0's that seem slow, and some that seem like rockets. my 86 being an hpipe and flowmaster only car has beaten many other 5.0's that have the same mods as me. what it comes down to is the car and the driver.
put a shit driver in a stock 5.0 and watch him go low 15's. put a good driver in a stock 5.0 watch him go mid 14's.

in every group of cars their are always owners that give the car a bad name. i have a buddy with a j-body and hes a cool guy. he dont run around talking smack that his car is faster than whatever, he just likes his car and enjoys having it. but the majority run around and talk shit.
just like with 5.0's, now u know their are little shit talker 5.0 owners out their, that talk all day long on how they can whipe out any import, not knowing that the honda they are talking crap about could be swapped with a turbo and what not.

some imports can beat mustangs.
the majority of 5.0's can beat imports.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:22 AM   #9
82 GT
Import Slayer

The ricer kids around here think their cars are the fastest thing on wheels too. I always see them hanging around in the local parking lots with their hoods open and gawking at each others engines.
The difference between us and them is the fact that we built our cars ourselves and they had a shop do it for them.
I doubt very seriously that the average teen can completely tear down an import engine and rebuilt it....let alone the fact they even understand the workings of one.
I built my '82 with ricers in mind...which BTW, will officially hit the streets tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:26 AM   #10
carlos.elliott
Registered Member

Thanks for posting that site. I didn't know if I should laugh or be mad. I was guilty of talking trash about mustangs but that was because I secretly wanted one for myself. I thought I was a die hard chevy man. Owened a 1983 monte carlo with a 383 575 horse. It had a ford nine inch with a 4 link 456 gear rear end. It was fun to drive but when I bought my 1986 mustang I fell in love. I had to get rid of that mustang but was able to get one a few years later a 99gt. My wife liked it and I saw a chance to get me a new mustang and gave it to her (I will get it back when she is done). I bought a sonic blue 04 gt for myself. I might not be a expert but like I said I owned a fast chevy but this mustang is so much more fun to drive and it will be faster than the monte soon. I think the ricers are funny I had one pull up to me while I was on my motorcycle and tell me he was going to show me the meaning of fast. Go figure a honda civic verses a 800 cc crouch rocket funny. Well all I can say is it wasn't pretty for him. I may own two 99-04 gt stock but I wouldn't trade either for anything (except a cobra as I am too poor for one of them). I now know the meaning of die hard fan and I am that to mustangs.
carlos.elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:41 AM   #11
Mass Stang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ieatcamaros
After reading that it makes me want to go and find some little j body ricer motherf*^&%$ and beat his ass. Racing of course. I would even take them in my 2.0L ranger.

Ricers are a bunch of high school retards who buy a 4cyl piece of junk and put a stupid fart can and stickers on it and think its fast. They should have never made that movie I swear. In my book, ignorant is putting it lightly.

A-FRIGGENMEN BROTHA !!! Well put !!!