MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 11:38 AM   #1
Cataract2
Registered Member

Question deck questions.

was wondering if anyone in here has an MP3 CD reciever in their car. just was wondering what they thought about em?

really would like to know if anyone has the recievers with the LCD screens. been looking into those for the car.
Cataract2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I've had the Kenwood Z919 in my car for quite a while now. I love it. The only thing I wish it would do is fast forward through MP3's. Other than that its a great deck and I love having hours of music on one CD.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 08:57 AM   #3
Coupe Devil

I have a JVC CD reciever in my truck. It has an external plug on the front of the deck that you can plug a MP3 or mini disc player into. I love it. Little bro has a mini disc player and about 10 disc's worth of songs which is alot of songs. I would hihgly recommend getting one that you can plug into or even better a deck that will store its own MP3's.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:15 AM   #4
89LXFLEA
Registered Member

SONY HAS A NEW RECIEVER W/
A HARD DRIVE BUILT IN. IT IS
PRITY PRICY THOUGH. I GET
SONY CAR AUDIO AT A FAIR
PRICE MY COST IS $1125.00.
IT WILL HOLD 165 HRS OF MUSIC.

FLEA
89LX 302 C4 4:10GEAR X CAM,GT40
IRON HEADS,PERFORMER RPM 650
HOLLEY NO STALL YET, GRIFFEN RADIATOR,MAC EQUAL LENGTH SHORTIES,H-PIPE,PRO DUMPS NOW
IT IS A LITTLE FASTER AT 12.94@106.38
RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER # 47
89LXFLEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #5
PKRWUD

I have a Sony CDX-M600, which is an AM/FM CD deck, with the ability to control a multi-disc CD player. Attached to the RCA input jacks in the back, I have attached a Sony XA-107 Source Selector. This allows me to attach anything I want through the input jacks, and listen to it through the stereo. I am currently able to attach my iPod to it in less than 1 second. My iPod currently has 686 MP3 songs in it, and allows me to switch between them in a second. Very cool. I no longer need to carry any CD's with me, yet have all of my favorites in top digital quality with me at all times.

It took a little bit of work to set this all up because I needed to find the Sony XA-107 so I could use my Sony stereo, but with a stereo like pony_power_90's JVC, that has an input jack on the front, it would be as simple as plug and play.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:45 AM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Well all the ones mentioned seem to be pretty good ones. The one i am planning to buy is the Pioneer Premier DEH-740. This deck looks awesome with an lcd screen etc. Plus it has very good sound quality and sweet graphics

PKRWUD it sounds like you have a pretty good stereo system there. How have you noticed the quality of Sony? I have heard experienced that Sony xplod is really bad quality and workanmanship in car stereo. Are yours xplod or is it mobile ES?

Hey if you guys need stereo help i would suggest the forums at sounddomain.com. They have a lot of very knowledgable people there that can help ya out.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 10:12 AM   #7
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
PKRWUD it sounds like you have a pretty good stereo system there. How have you noticed the quality of Sony? I have heard experienced that Sony xplod is really bad quality and workanmanship in car stereo. Are yours xplod or is it mobile ES?
The deck is a first generation Xplod. It's the one that looks like nothing is there until the controls flip down. It's okay. I haven't had any problems at all as far as workmanship quality, but I think the Pioneer deck I used to have sounded better. I have a mix-match system: Sony deck, Sony source selector, Apple iPod , a Kenwood amp for the front speakers (Polk's), a Toshiba amp for the back speakers (Boston Acoustics), and a powered Bazooka sub. The Pioneer deck was 10 years old, and was falling apart, but it still sounded better than the Sony I have now, or either of the two Kenwood decks I had inbetween. If I had to rate them, the Pioneer was the best, then the Sony, and then the Kenwoods. Actually, I've probably bought 10 different decks in the past 20+ years. Other than those mentioned, I also had decks made by Alpine, Blaupunkt, Concord, another Pioneer, and a few lesser quality. I would say that the Pioneer's were the best sound quality, with the Concord a close second. Kenwood decks were always the worst, but the Kenwood amp I have now has sounded great for the 10+ years I've had it.

Also, the Pioneers by far had the best tuners.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #8
Cataract2
Registered Member

MidNiteBlu 5.0. that pioneer deck with the LCD. i've also looked into it. was wondering is the LCD screen on it is tiny compaired to the DEH-P9400MP.
Cataract2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 04:08 PM   #9
Tony Frank
Registered Member

Um if you have a few spare pennies check this out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...photos&a=0&s=0

my buddy just got a job at kenwood and i just ordered this for my 97 mountaineer..........he got it at cost......none of that markup BS.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote