MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #41
PKRWUD

Default Re: Anyone here I remember?

Thanks Drew, it's good to still be seen alive!

It's been a looong time, hasn't it? How are you these days?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:35 AM   #42
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

I'm good, just enjoying life and everything it throws my way. well not exactly enjoying everything, but trying to!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #43
PKRWUD

Wait till life throws a 300 pound toothless redhead from Kentucky at you, and see how much you enjoy it. lol. If you can get through that with a smile, you're good to go!

Check this out; we're scheduled to race the sprint car today. If it happens, and doesn't get rained out, it will be opening night for us. It has rained every single weekend since February, except for last weekend, but the track was dark for Easter, so it didn't matter. They've already canceled 6 races so far this season, all rained out. It's been beautiful from Sunday through Thursday/Friday every week, but come Saturday, it rains. It never rains here after the first week in March! WTF?!?

Anyway, it's dark out, and it looks like it's going to rain, but hopefully it won't be more than a drizzle. I miss the sprints!

Hey, speaking of which, check out these Sprint Car crash & burn videos I made, and tell me what you think: 20MB & 30MB.

You will probably need the latest version of Quicktime.

I think I did a decent job, but I'd really like your opinion.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #44
Rev
Registered Member

Hey Chris, a 300 lb. toothless red head sounds pretty good at 62 yrs. old. I guess that means I'm not too choosy at this stage in my life, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #45
ed1371
Registered Member

I remember hitting carlsbad raceway with sky years ago.... good times...

more into the curvy stuff nowadays...

Old 05-01-2006, 07:49 AM   #46
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Still around here too... still have the same cars, vert is a little quicker and the 68 is ALOT further along..

13.58@102.84 and a '68 stang .. project 8 sec street car... 557 big block + N20 :-)
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #47
46stang
Registered Member

Hey Sky. I rarely post here much anymore. Too busy with wife and kids etc. I still have my 03 cobra and I just got a 98 gt for a daily driver. I missed my old 96 so much I bought a 98. lol. I did the headswap and cams already but that will likely be it. It's a daily driver beater so I want to keep it simple. Anyways everything still good with you? Did you ever get a house?

Leon

11.49@122mph bakerfield raceway!
11.67@120mph fontana

98 GT, stock for now.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #48
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Just stepped back into a time machine here, wow... spent a lot of my early/mid 20's on this board and racing mustangs, so I thought I'd do some posting for old times sake. It's funny how time/priorities change things. I still have my '80 Fox T-Bird, but my motorcycle (sold last year) and mustangs are gone.

In sad news, it appears that PKRWUD and Skyler have both passed away. Anyone know any more about that/can confirm?

Anyone else still on the board lurking?

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #49
StangFlyer
Founder

I'm here.

I hear what you're saying, although I have been able to hold onto my Lightning and Mustang thus far.

I had modified my Mustang into such a beastie back in the day I was just wrenching on it all the time, racing it, breaking it, and repeating the cycle. I finally threw the wrench against the wall one day about 7 years ago and said screw it. It's been on jack stands ever since.

I pulled the engine out last year finally and slowly started working on it. Maybe I'll put it back together in 2014... or, maybe not. We'll see. But, if I do rather than beating on it at the track where I am putting 800 hundred ft/lbs to the ground I will probably just drive it on the street here and there where I won't break it so I can just enjoy it.

I've never done anything more to the Lightning than a full exhaust system, drive it when it's nice in the summer, and I've had zero issue with it all these years. I enjoy it precisely because it's an enjoyable vehicle I don't have to screw with all the time. 60K miles, in very clean condition, and runs like new (and can also tow my car with it ).
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #50
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84LX89GT View Post
Just stepped back into a time machine here, wow... spent a lot of my early/mid 20's on this board and racing mustangs, so I thought I'd do some posting for old times sake. It's funny how time/priorities change things. I still have my '80 Fox T-Bird, but my motorcycle (sold last year) and mustangs are gone.

In sad news, it appears that PKRWUD and Skyler have both passed away. Anyone know any more about that/can confirm?

Anyone else still on the board lurking?
I can confirm that PKRWUD has passed away. He died around April. Not sure cause of death, but i know he had heart issues.

as far as stangs, and modding cars in general, Im out of the game. These days, i may do some lowering springs and a high flow air filter and thats about it. Times change, finances change, priorities change....its just not in the cards for me anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. I hate to think back at all the money i spent on this hobby....but such is life.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #51
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 View Post
I can confirm that PKRWUD has passed away. He died around April. Not sure cause of death, but i know he had heart issues.

as far as stangs, and modding cars in general, Im out of the game. These days, i may do some lowering springs and a high flow air filter and thats about it. Times change, finances change, priorities change....its just not in the cards for me anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. I hate to think back at all the money i spent on this hobby....but such is life.
Yes, he did indeed pass away. He had been suffering with Congestive Heart Failure for a long time. He had a defibrillator installed, and it saved him a time or three, but in the end, it just got the best of him. It was quite sad to see the transition. Toward the end, you could tell things were bad, and he wasnt around much.

RHC is still around, and the old core members still pop in occasionally. We are in the process of trying to figure out if "rebranding" the site is the right thing to do, but he put so much work into that site, no one is really sure what direction to take it in.

Regarding stangs, I too am out of the game. I sold my 90 GT in pieces in 08, and bought an 04 GT. I got rid of it about a year later, and havent had another one since. I am still on the Fords though, and have a tuned 13 Reg cab short bed F150 5.0. Its fun, but not stang fun. Actually thinking about ordering a new mustang mid next year. Let the first model year come to production and work out all the bugs, and I'll probably pick up a '16. Probably orange again. I just dig that color, and its not overly common around here like black, red, silver and white.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #52
RBatson
Registered Member

Unhappy Re: Anyone here I remember?

Wow.. Sorry to hear about Chris today. My condolences to Joe and the guys over at the RHC. PKRWUD and I agreed on most issues but there were a few issues we did not agree on. He was a good friend and I ran across a box of "cool ...." he sent me years ago before we had our falling out and quit talking all together. We spent quite a few times on the phone and I got to know him well. He wanted me to be a "partner" on his website but I felt "Rice Hater's Club" was too negative a theme and wanted to call it something positive like "The Domestic Garage". Anyhow, that and a cop threatening to pull someone out of their car and beating the .... out of them pretty much ended our friendship. Not to mention that after I sent him the money to be a partner he claimed he didn't want a partner anymore. Too bad, I would have helped keep the site flush. Anyhow, sorry to hear about Chris... he was a good guy.

Last edited by RBatson; 09-24-2014 at 11:14 AM..
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
RBatson
Registered Member

Oh yeah, I still have the 89 vert, though it no longer has the 331 or vortech in it. Its sitting out back by the garage, I've become that old man with the car... The stock sb has the cam and heads but has been converted to carb. I should have left it alone. People offer to buy it all the time and I'm tempted sometimes to sell/trade it for an enclosed trailer. I really wouldn't mind having an 03/04 Terminator or a newer 5.0.

BTW, its sad to see the members passing posts at the RHC. Its been almost 20 years since we all got on this site and to see familiar names that are now gone...
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #54
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred90gt View Post

RHC is still around, and the old core members still pop in occasionally. We are in the process of trying to figure out if "rebranding" the site is the right thing to do, but he put so much work into that site, no one is really sure what direction to take it in.
I think the social media age has pretty much ended the message board but maybe there is still a place for it.

Last edited by RBatson; 09-25-2014 at 09:26 AM..
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #55
RBatson
Registered Member

What happened to Skylar?
Old 11-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #56
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It sucked to hear that Chris (PKRWUD) passed away. He was a way cool guy. Sad to say I am more into cars and bikes now than ever. I am married with a kid now but still find time to turn a wrench or two.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #57
CobraJet428
Registered Member

This was facebook before facebook for the Mustang crowd. I need to get back over here more often.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #58
RBatson
Registered Member

Funny, I was looking for the like button.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #59
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Unhappy Re: Anyone here I remember?

Damn man, I was coming here to find a picture of Sky's Saleen and see this thread that he might have passed away too. What a bummer.
Sad news.
*EDIT* I did a search, and thankfully it looks like he's alive and well! Whew!!

Last edited by joe4speed; 05-26-2016 at 06:31 PM..
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #60
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I feel old...

When I joined this site, I was a high school kid, now I'm 32.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: