MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone here I remember? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=47649)

Skyman 01-06-2006 03:38 AM

Anyone here I remember?

I havn't been here in atleast a year or more. Anyone here that remembers me, haha. Kell I know your patroling.

-Sky

scott93gt 01-06-2006 10:12 AM

Re: Anyone here I remember?

I haven't posted here in a long time either but I remember you. I specifically remember a video you posted of a couple of acceleration demonstrations in your Saleen. I think someone was taking the video from the back seat if I remember correctly. Good to see you still check in.

induction 01-06-2006 11:03 AM

I'v been gone a long time also but it looks like the Classic forum is surviving without my input just the same. LOLOL

And yes I remember ya too Sky. :)

bigwhitecobra 01-06-2006 11:46 AM

Some of us are still here....haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back.

Rev 01-06-2006 12:22 PM

Where have you been hiding Sky? Good to hear from you.

Rev

bigred90gt 01-06-2006 01:34 PM

I lurk on occasion, but, just dont post much anymore. I havent posted regularly here in a couple of years.

induction 01-06-2006 02:46 PM

Hi ya Big Red! :)

NO SLO PK 01-06-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman
I havn't been here in atleast a year or more. Anyone here that remembers me, haha. Kell I know your patroling.

-Sky

Hey Skyler,

How you doing?

I have been out of it for a long time also. Just came back last week.

Mr 5 0 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

Hey Slyler:

I gave up my MustangWorks messageboard titles and duties three years ago and cut way back on my posting due to time constraints...but I never left.

Unit 5302 01-06-2006 08:00 PM

Yo, Skyler. Yeah, I'm still here. I usually keep my posts to what little advice I can actually give these days. Since neither one of us rolls a Mustang anymore, it's kinda strange, isn't it?

Oh well, at least your car is still fast, haha. What do you say we race for titles? My Exploder vs the M3. 1/4 mile, you only have to give me 1300ft. LOL

induction 01-06-2006 08:08 PM

I'll race you with my Classic Mini. lol

silver_pilate 01-06-2006 11:23 PM

Been awhile. Got the 347 running good. Just need to do paint and rebuild the rear. Maybe some suspension stuff.

Later.

--nathan

mustangweiser 01-08-2006 07:17 PM

hello I am new to the site just joined 10 mins ago

84LX89GT 01-08-2006 09:40 PM

Hey skyler, i remember you for awhile back when you had your saleen, right? Anyway, good to see you back on the board.

joe4speed 01-09-2006 02:50 AM

What's up, Sky! :)

rwhite65 01-09-2006 09:25 PM

Sky-
I rememeber you and some dark times u were dealing with. Good to see you are here, I hope things are going well for you.

Ryan

fiveohpatrol 01-10-2006 12:58 PM

howdy, I lurk every now and then. But this site seems to have turned into somewhat of a pre-school for info, so I don't post much anymore. I don't like having to scroll all the way down to hit the windsor power forum :)

RBatson 01-11-2006 04:31 PM

You still seeing the same girl? Just wondering what happened. :)

RAGE_5.0 01-28-2006 04:28 PM

I still pop in once in a while

hmmm judgng by my sig its been a while since i updated it . now i'm running an 89 coupe in the mid 12's and I still haven't used the spray

Rev 01-28-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAGE_5.0
the mid 12's and I still haven't used the spray

Any other power adders?

Rev

Hethj7 01-29-2006 10:31 PM

Hey Sky, good to see you around. I think a lot of us are still here, just not active post whores anymore :lol: Anyway, nice to see you checking in man.

Crazy Horse GT 01-30-2006 10:04 PM

hey sky hows it going, i pop in from time to time, you doing ok? i'm ok got married again, about to get my 84 lx stang back, jeez 3 mustang's, anyway great to hear from you hope all is well, take care. :D

brooksgnm 02-03-2006 09:12 PM

Wow Sky and Unit5302 I remember!! Man it has been a long long long time since I was here... I can only imagine some of the things I said on here :p , I was probably 15 or 16 when I last visited on a regular basis.

Doing good, just about to graduate w/ a 2yr assoc. degree. Still have my 85GT, though it has changed a lot. My main interest lies in 2.3l turbo cars anymore, I recently bought an 86 SVO, and drive an 88 Thunderbird TurboCoupe everyday.

Good to see your names again :)

Ty'97Cobra 02-04-2006 11:37 PM

Join date.... man that was a while ago...

but I'm still here!

horsewithnoname 02-09-2006 10:53 PM

Ya'll's names are familier. I haven't been on here for a good four years. Made sure I edited my sig....all of those toys are long gone.......

Geez, time flys...

Wow...and I'm not in Texas anymore.

Ty'97Cobra 02-11-2006 10:55 PM

thats not the beginning of the end...

thats the return to innocence.....

:P

Rev 02-12-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty'97Cobra
thats not the beginning of the end...

thats the return to innocence.....

:P

Wow, I didn't think anyone on this board could claim innocence, LOL.

Rev

Sicy Stang 02-14-2006 01:46 AM

I havent been here for a long time either!

I recognize some names in this thread though http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cons/wave2.gif

GodStang 02-14-2006 03:30 PM

I remember Sicy and Skyler. I use to browse mostly the V6 stangs. Now I am in a 03 Cobra that is stroked and KBed.

white00GT 02-21-2006 08:59 PM

hehe WoW!! looks like this post has brought back some old ppl from the site ^^. I haven't been here in acouple of years myself, an somehow it reached out to me lol :D :D

I got acouple vids from my new project I need to post up ;)

Stang_Crazy 02-21-2006 11:22 PM

Reading through this thread feels like jumping in the way back machine. Alot of familiar folks! Like many of you, I've turned into a lurker but I still like to read through the boards every now and then.

***And no one has topped my curveball score after a year!!***

RAGE_5.0 03-06-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
Any other power adders?

Rev

stock shortblock, afr 165,s eddy performer intake, 65mm tb,pro m maf anf 24lbers. it still has the stoc cam in it and is very queit unless i get on it. not much of a sleeper though because of the big n littles and the cowl hood

tireburner163 03-06-2006 02:51 PM

Yea..........James directed me over to this thread......I'm not around here too much. I mainly post on LS2.com and my web site www.torqueaddicts.net.

*edit* LMAO, I just looked at my sig.

I shoudl read something like this now instead ;)

93 LX coupe 10.5:1 357W, Stage 3 ported TFS Twisted Wedge heads, Ported Performer RPM intake, 75mm TB, 90mm MAF, C4 w/trans-brake, 4.10's, all the suspension do-dads to make it hook, enough nitrous to start a dentist's office, etc, etc ,etc.

HoodStrype 03-06-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang_Crazy
Reading through this thread feels like jumping in the way back machine. Alot of familiar folks! Like many of you, I've turned into a lurker but I still like to read through the boards every now and then.

***And no one has topped my curveball score after a year!!***

You are da man at Curve Ball- I've tried till i'm sick of it!!!

srv1 03-10-2006 07:38 PM

Who is Skyler? :confused:

James :D

6T9PONY 03-18-2006 04:17 AM

It's been a long, long time. :cool:

Mach 1 04-03-2006 03:34 AM

Well, cant have a reunion thread without jumping in. mach 1 lives!!

The Deuce 04-17-2006 12:21 AM

This'll be fun.

I'm curious to see how out of date my information is now. What up Skyler?

Me, I'm back in CA. Still have my 97 and just recently picked up a D code '65 (well that makes it a 64.5 ;) ) but am still up to the same old stuff.

Dang there's some old tyme faces trolling through this thread. :cool:

PKRWUD 04-21-2006 03:11 AM

Hey Sky! You still up in Ojai?

fiveohpatrol 04-21-2006 07:01 AM

Chris, glad to see you're still alive! :) good to "see" you

-Drew

PKRWUD 04-21-2006 11:50 PM

Thanks Drew, it's good to still be seen alive! :cool:

It's been a looong time, hasn't it? How are you these days?

fiveohpatrol 04-22-2006 12:35 AM

I'm good, just enjoying life and everything it throws my way. well not exactly enjoying everything, but trying to!

PKRWUD 04-22-2006 12:00 PM

Wait till life throws a 300 pound toothless redhead from Kentucky at you, and see how much you enjoy it. lol. If you can get through that with a smile, you're good to go!

Check this out; we're scheduled to race the sprint car today. If it happens, and doesn't get rained out, it will be opening night for us. It has rained every single weekend since February, except for last weekend, but the track was dark for Easter, so it didn't matter. They've already canceled 6 races so far this season, all rained out. It's been beautiful from Sunday through Thursday/Friday every week, but come Saturday, it rains. It never rains here after the first week in March! WTF?!?

Anyway, it's dark out, and it looks like it's going to rain, but hopefully it won't be more than a drizzle. I miss the sprints!

Hey, speaking of which, check out these Sprint Car crash & burn videos I made, and tell me what you think: 20MB & 30MB.

You will probably need the latest version of Quicktime.

I think I did a decent job, but I'd really like your opinion.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

Rev 04-23-2006 04:35 PM

Hey Chris, a 300 lb. toothless red head sounds pretty good at 62 yrs. old. I guess that means I'm not too choosy at this stage in my life, LOL.

Rev

ed1371 05-01-2006 01:22 AM

I remember hitting carlsbad raceway with sky years ago.... good times...

more into the curvy stuff nowadays...

http://www.meefed.com/photos/IMG_0808.jpg

http://www.meefed.com/photos/IMG_0804.jpg

Dark Knight 05-01-2006 07:49 AM

Still around here too... still have the same cars, vert is a little quicker and the 68 is ALOT further along.. :D

http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg

46stang 10-22-2006 12:52 AM

Hey Sky. I rarely post here much anymore. Too busy with wife and kids etc. I still have my 03 cobra and I just got a 98 gt for a daily driver. I missed my old 96 so much I bought a 98. lol. I did the headswap and cams already but that will likely be it. It's a daily driver beater so I want to keep it simple. Anyways everything still good with you? Did you ever get a house?

Leon

84LX89GT 01-07-2014 04:42 AM

Just stepped back into a time machine here, wow... spent a lot of my early/mid 20's on this board and racing mustangs, so I thought I'd do some posting for old times sake. It's funny how time/priorities change things. I still have my '80 Fox T-Bird, but my motorcycle (sold last year) and mustangs are gone.

In sad news, it appears that PKRWUD and Skyler have both passed away. Anyone know any more about that/can confirm?

Anyone else still on the board lurking?

StangFlyer 01-07-2014 07:32 AM

I'm here. :p

I hear what you're saying, although I have been able to hold onto my Lightning and Mustang thus far.

I had modified my Mustang into such a beastie back in the day I was just wrenching on it all the time, racing it, breaking it, and repeating the cycle. I finally threw the wrench against the wall one day about 7 years ago and said screw it. It's been on jack stands ever since.

I pulled the engine out last year finally and slowly started working on it. Maybe I'll put it back together in 2014... or, maybe not. We'll see. But, if I do rather than beating on it at the track where I am putting 800 hundred ft/lbs to the ground I will probably just drive it on the street here and there where I won't break it so I can just enjoy it.

I've never done anything more to the Lightning than a full exhaust system, drive it when it's nice in the summer, and I've had zero issue with it all these years. I enjoy it precisely because it's an enjoyable vehicle I don't have to screw with all the time. 60K miles, in very clean condition, and runs like new (and can also tow my car with it ;) ).

Mach 1 01-07-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84LX89GT (Post 337220)
Just stepped back into a time machine here, wow... spent a lot of my early/mid 20's on this board and racing mustangs, so I thought I'd do some posting for old times sake. It's funny how time/priorities change things. I still have my '80 Fox T-Bird, but my motorcycle (sold last year) and mustangs are gone.

In sad news, it appears that PKRWUD and Skyler have both passed away. Anyone know any more about that/can confirm?

Anyone else still on the board lurking?

I can confirm that PKRWUD has passed away. He died around April. Not sure cause of death, but i know he had heart issues.

as far as stangs, and modding cars in general, Im out of the game. These days, i may do some lowering springs and a high flow air filter and thats about it. Times change, finances change, priorities change....its just not in the cards for me anymore, but it was fun while it lasted. I hate to think back at all the money i spent on this hobby....but such is life.