MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone Remember Me?? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49449)

Mercury 02-21-2007 10:29 PM

Anyone Remember Me??

Hello Everyone.

Its been a couple of years since I've posted on this site, or any other for that matter.

Not sure if anyone here remembers me or not. Just had a free minute here at work and thought I'd peak my nose in through the door and see whats going on.

To Those who I know, and that remember Me...HELLO. To Those who I dont know, its nice to meet you.

:)

The Deuce 02-22-2007 02:40 AM

Re: Anyone Remember Me??

Merc.

Good to "see" you again dude. I haven't been around much myself lately.

Rev 02-22-2007 12:50 PM

I certainly remember you and your funny stories. Good to hear from you.

Rev

Mr 5 0 02-22-2007 04:31 PM

Hi, Merc:

I remember you.

As I recall, back in the days when you were a regular visitor to the forum (as I was) you worked at a UPS facility and didn't like it all that much. You also had some very dramatic stories regarding your various romantic relationships. Unfortunately, they never went so well and you seemed to be depressed much of the time. I trust your love life has stabilized over time and you're a happier guy, now.

I also recall that you had a fast, modified late-model Mustang and some vintage project cars. It would be interesting to know what you're driving these days. I remember that you were a racer at that time and did relatively well.

Many of us 'old timers' have moved on, to some degree, and don't visit or post as much. That's to be expected. No one's life stays exactly the same, forever. Still, I drop here in almost every day and occasionally post something, if I have a reason to do so. Your unexpected post gave me such a reason. Welcome back.

Mercury 02-22-2007 10:22 PM

:D Ah, Its good to "Hear" from you all again.

Mr 5.0, Close, I work for FedEx Ground, and still hate it. :mad: But all is well other wise.

While life still overflows with interesting charectors, and even more interesting interactions; Life for me has calmed down.

I now have my own house (Which is a new hobbie, bringing back to life an 80 year old house), but the biggest and most important change in my life is I'm engaged! I've been with My Love for 2 years now, and were set to be married on the 2nd of June. She's great! Thats a whole other post in itself.

As for Mustangs. Still got them. Yes, I use to race my 2000 Stang GT, I havent for the longest time. Mostly due to me breaking rear end parts, and having a Clutch pivot in the transmission come loose. When the Pressure plate shaved into the clutch fork, that created all kinds of awesome sounds...Kinda like a Monkey Rapping The Tin Man in the butt.

Well, guess I should get back to work, seeing how I'm still here. Maybe I'll take a cigarette break first.

I look forward to posting much more again.

rwhite65 02-23-2007 08:12 AM

It is always nice seeing the old familiar names post up from my beginning days of the site.

GoneIn60Seconds 02-23-2007 09:58 AM

Holy crap merc Im getting married a week after you. Was supposed to be the same day but my little angel decided to wait a week so her family could be here for it all. So you got any pics of that 30 nostalgia rod?

Mercury 02-23-2007 10:43 AM

My 30's nostalgia rod project was put on hold a couple of years back due to a blown engine in my 2000 Stang. It has not been started up since, due mostly to lack of time.

All I have is parts, 30 Model A frame (Actually two bad ones that I have to piece together to make 1 good one), some front suspension parts, steering parts, and other misc stuff. All Scrounged around from junk yards. I wanted to go really old school on it, and try to use nothing newer than 1962 , except of course for tires, wiring, and for safetys sake..probably brakes.

Hopefully when I get a garage built in the back yard I can restart that project, and actually start on some of the work.

GoneIn60Seconds 02-23-2007 11:51 AM

I have been dying to do an era specific rod like that but finding anything in Oklahoma with decent sheetmetal thats worth building is getting harder and harder. I guess I will be ebaying something if and when I go old school. Right now I am just trying to focus on getting the bugs outta my 94. I found out that apparently the camber is off on the front end since I have a bald outside right front tire.

StangFlyer 02-23-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury (Post 329814)
To Those who I know, and that remember Me...HELLO.

Who the hell are you?

J/K.. :D Welcome back Mercury!!!

Mach 1 02-24-2007 01:25 AM

Merc......waz up!

I just dropped by for the first time in, oh, probably 9 months and remembered your name

this place has DIED, i guess its popularity went down as fast as the 87-93 fox bodys that were such a big hit back in the day

I am so in love with the 05 and up body style, I thought stangs and this place would have a huge coming back, but it doesnt seem to be

StangFlyer 02-24-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach 1 (Post 329853)
this place has DIED, i guess its popularity went down as fast as the 87-93 fox bodys that were such a big hit back in the day

You are correct, the activity in the forums has gone down over the past couple years. However, I don't believe it is tied to what Mustang model is more popular than another or what the current production vehicle is. Mustang Works is about ALL Mustangs, the classics to the current model. Frankly, due to various reasons I changed gears with what I was doing and started ignoring the site. The life blood of any site such as this is keeping the site up-to-date, publishing continuous fresh content, refining and adding features, working with the community to get them involved, and its members contributions. Unfortunately, the later eventually dwindles without providing the prior items.

Now, with that said, I can tell you that a large change is coming within the next month. And, I think everyone will like it.

Mach 1 02-24-2007 11:36 AM

I never looked at it that way, there could be just as many people tuning mustangs as there used to be and Im just getting old..:)

whats your opinion on the new body style?

sedanman 03-18-2007 08:49 PM

LOL, its been a long time since I have seen many of you guys post, I hadn't stopped by in some time aswell. I just don't have the time anymore with work and the time I do have has been spent on 03/04 specific boards getting the info I need to bring it up to speed.

joe4speed 03-20-2007 12:06 PM

What's up Mercury!! :)

Mr 5 0 03-20-2007 04:23 PM

I believe that internet message boards have a distinct 'personality'. One like the Blue Oval Lounge is basically an 'open' (non-specific) forum and will only attract so many posters, especially when there are no hot issues at hand generating numerous posts. To remain viable, a forum also needs numerous posters with strong views who have the time and interest to articulate and defend them, even when it becomes tedious. Some of us used to enjoy doing that but have lost interest over time. It isn't the forum or the fact that the 5.0 Mustang has become effectively obsolete, it's us.

Time inevitably changes people and situations and at some point one has to weigh the best use of one's time. Having long, drawn out 'arguments' with total strangers (on internet message boards) that usually have no resolution or end up with posters engaging in schoolyard name-calling is hardly a wise use of anyone's time, so some of us just decided to stop getting into these 'discussions'. If enough people do this, traffic on the board will noticeably diminish, as it has here.

In addition, many folks 'move on' from tuning, restoring or otherwise 'working on' Mustangs. Some graduate from high school and now, college takes all their time and attention. Some graduate from college and are busy establishing a career and an out-of-school social life, and so, lose interest in their car and posting internet messages about it. Some get married and a wife now monopolizes their time. Some are very involved in their career and cannot spare the time to post in any significant way, as they might have once done. Some simply get bored with either their car and/or writing about it. They eventually sell the Mustang or, even if they keep it, just lose interest in racing and the never-ending quest for a lower et. It happens.

Some Mustangers may experience some life crisis that effectively re-sets their priorities and leads them away from 'car' websites and 'car' forums. Sure, they still like cars and Mustangs, particularly, but spending their free time posting messages on forums just doesn't have the same attraction it may once have held. That happens, too.

I drop in here on a daily basis and look forward to seeing what Dan has wrought with the upcoming 'new' website design. Knowing his creative instincts and his expertise, it should be interesting. Whether it will actually stir folks to post in the forums more often is unknown, but it should help. We'll soon find out.

bmxmon 03-20-2007 05:06 PM

If we could get enough people together we should do this!!: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80625 My brother has a camaro, so I check out that site from time to time and it seems like a good idea they have going.

sedanman 03-22-2007 05:28 AM

What about exgmguy or skyman? Anyone heard from either of those two guys? Its definately a blast from the past in here thats for sure. I am gonna call ezridn and have him drop by.

I remember when Mr50 was running (I think high 13's) and I was dying for my 91lx to be that fast. Needless to say it made it there and beyond because several years later and tons of money later it was a 302 H/C/I/E with a vortech, liberty proshifted TKO, spool etc... LOL

Today the cobra gets my attention and the LX has long since been sold...

Ty'97Cobra 03-22-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedanman (Post 330382)
Today the cobra gets my attention and the LX has long since been sold...

88 gone

97 cobra gone

03 going strong with mods... fun car....

Unit 5302 03-22-2007 09:31 PM

It's been nearly 3 years since exgmguy posted (June 2005) according to the site search. Skyman doesn't post on Mustangworks anymore, but I still keep in touch with him.

Heh, I guess Skyman and I haven't been as interested in Mustang's since we haven't owned any in years. Skyman sold his Saleen years ago and is currently driving a BMW M3. My vehicle is a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE. I also have my previous vehicle, a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. Guess it's been about 4 1/2 years since I've owned a Mustang, and I don't really have any desire to get another one. Maybe if I wind up having a lot of spare cash in the next few years?

Hey Mercury, visit any Taco Bell's recently? :D