MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Anyone Remember Me??

Hello Everyone.

Its been a couple of years since I've posted on this site, or any other for that matter.

Not sure if anyone here remembers me or not. Just had a free minute here at work and thought I'd peak my nose in through the door and see whats going on.

To Those who I know, and that remember Me...HELLO. To Those who I dont know, its nice to meet you.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone Remember Me??

Merc.

Good to "see" you again dude. I haven't been around much myself lately.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

I certainly remember you and your funny stories. Good to hear from you.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Remember Me??

Hi, Merc:

I remember you.

As I recall, back in the days when you were a regular visitor to the forum (as I was) you worked at a UPS facility and didn't like it all that much. You also had some very dramatic stories regarding your various romantic relationships. Unfortunately, they never went so well and you seemed to be depressed much of the time. I trust your love life has stabilized over time and you're a happier guy, now.

I also recall that you had a fast, modified late-model Mustang and some vintage project cars. It would be interesting to know what you're driving these days. I remember that you were a racer at that time and did relatively well.

Many of us 'old timers' have moved on, to some degree, and don't visit or post as much. That's to be expected. No one's life stays exactly the same, forever. Still, I drop here in almost every day and occasionally post something, if I have a reason to do so. Your unexpected post gave me such a reason. Welcome back.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ah, Its good to "Hear" from you all again.

Mr 5.0, Close, I work for FedEx Ground, and still hate it. But all is well other wise.

While life still overflows with interesting charectors, and even more interesting interactions; Life for me has calmed down.

I now have my own house (Which is a new hobbie, bringing back to life an 80 year old house), but the biggest and most important change in my life is I'm engaged! I've been with My Love for 2 years now, and were set to be married on the 2nd of June. She's great! Thats a whole other post in itself.

As for Mustangs. Still got them. Yes, I use to race my 2000 Stang GT, I havent for the longest time. Mostly due to me breaking rear end parts, and having a Clutch pivot in the transmission come loose. When the Pressure plate shaved into the clutch fork, that created all kinds of awesome sounds...Kinda like a Monkey Rapping The Tin Man in the butt.

Well, guess I should get back to work, seeing how I'm still here. Maybe I'll take a cigarette break first.

I look forward to posting much more again.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

It is always nice seeing the old familiar names post up from my beginning days of the site.

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
To Those who I know, and that remember Me...HELLO.
Who the hell are you?

J/K.. Welcome back Mercury!!!
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

Merc......waz up!

I just dropped by for the first time in, oh, probably 9 months and remembered your name

this place has DIED, i guess its popularity went down as fast as the 87-93 fox bodys that were such a big hit back in the day

I am so in love with the 05 and up body style, I thought stangs and this place would have a huge coming back, but it doesnt seem to be
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 View Post
this place has DIED, i guess its popularity went down as fast as the 87-93 fox bodys that were such a big hit back in the day
You are correct, the activity in the forums has gone down over the past couple years. However, I don't believe it is tied to what Mustang model is more popular than another or what the current production vehicle is. Mustang Works is about ALL Mustangs, the classics to the current model. Frankly, due to various reasons I changed gears with what I was doing and started ignoring the site. The life blood of any site such as this is keeping the site up-to-date, publishing continuous fresh content, refining and adding features, working with the community to get them involved, and its members contributions. Unfortunately, the later eventually dwindles without providing the prior items.

Now, with that said, I can tell you that a large change is coming within the next month. And, I think everyone will like it.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
Mach 1
Registered Member

I never looked at it that way, there could be just as many people tuning mustangs as there used to be and Im just getting old..

whats your opinion on the new body style?
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #11
sedanman
Registered Member

LOL, its been a long time since I have seen many of you guys post, I hadn't stopped by in some time aswell. I just don't have the time anymore with work and the time I do have has been spent on 03/04 specific boards getting the info I need to bring it up to speed.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #12
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Hey Mercury. I remember you. I have been away for a couple of years myself. Good to see some familiar names on here as well as all the new ones.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #13
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I would like to see all of the guys still post up here. Mr 5.0 still contributes even though he sold his Mustang. Hate to see any of you leave just because the stables heard changes.

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #14
CobraJet428
Registered Member

I just got out of the habit of coming to MW on top of getting really busy. I hope to be more regular with my visits from now on.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You know, I don't think it's just having a different type of vehicle in the stable that had me posting less. It's a waning interest in cars as a whole. Having a car hobby is extremely expensive, and I've chosen to do other things with my money.

In addition, as I got older, performance cars became less and less of a priority. I have two sport bikes now, which I left behind in Minnesota so I can't use them, and they provide more usable performance for me than any car could. The bikes accelerate faster, and provide more sensory feedback while riding than being inside a shell can. The roads where I live have become traffic clogged, and it seems like more and more highway and freeway patrol cars are out and about every day. I have very cheap insurance rates with a now excellent driving record, and I find myself less and less willing to risk a lot of out of pocket premiums (auto insurance premiums, ticket prices, job qualifications if I were cited for something more than speeding, even life insurance premiums are higher if you have a poor driving record) by racing around. I guess where I lived in Maple Grove, MN, the area outgrew fast driving as much as I did.

Then there's the issue of friends. My two main friends that were into the automotive hobby either grew distant from me in terms of any sort of relationship or distant from me in terms of physical location. My new friends weren't really into vehicles and without that driving force to keep up with the Joneses or talk about having that supercharger or whatever, the thoughts just fade away.

Finally, there is a knowledge issue. You would figure that after 5,000 posts (admittedly at least 1,000 were probably me flaming some poor kid) I would be a good go-to guy with questions. However, things are very dynamic in the racing and performance communities. I might still know how to diagnose a problem in a malfunctioning running condition, but there are true performance enthusiasts on this board that have acquired serious real world knowledge of racing products and modifications. Those performance enthusiasts are not only more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to making modifications to Mustangs, but their information is also more up to date. It's pretty rare that I come across a topic where I can post relavent information that another member couldn't elaborate on more or better than I.

Like Mr 5 0 indicated, I believe these message boards have long time contributors, but there are generations on boards just like there are generations in life. My time as a young kid pining after Mustang's and performance cars are over. I see a lot of the guys with expendable cash in their 40s get back into the hobby to meet enthusiasts that are not only interesting people, but good people, so maybe that interest will open back up again for me someday. There are a couple project cars that are still on my "wish list" that I never got a chance to have so you can never tell. Until that time, I will likely remain a bit of an apparition on this website.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Wow, I love the new look of the site.

It's been forever since I've posted on MustangWorks, but I still see familiar faces.

My 92 LX hatch is gone, as well as my notch.

I'm working on a 93 LX hatch now.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote