MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #21
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone Remember Me??

we sold the pathfinder LE for a honda minivan..

still have the cobra..
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #22
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Hey Merc! Long time no see. Good to hear things coming together for you man. I hope it stays that way.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #23
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Hey Mercury. I remember you. I have been away for a couple of years myself. Good to see some familiar names on here as well as all the new ones.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #24
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I would like to see all of the guys still post up here. Mr 5.0 still contributes even though he sold his Mustang. Hate to see any of you leave just because the stables heard changes.

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #25
CobraJet428
Registered Member

I just got out of the habit of coming to MW on top of getting really busy. I hope to be more regular with my visits from now on.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You know, I don't think it's just having a different type of vehicle in the stable that had me posting less. It's a waning interest in cars as a whole. Having a car hobby is extremely expensive, and I've chosen to do other things with my money.

In addition, as I got older, performance cars became less and less of a priority. I have two sport bikes now, which I left behind in Minnesota so I can't use them, and they provide more usable performance for me than any car could. The bikes accelerate faster, and provide more sensory feedback while riding than being inside a shell can. The roads where I live have become traffic clogged, and it seems like more and more highway and freeway patrol cars are out and about every day. I have very cheap insurance rates with a now excellent driving record, and I find myself less and less willing to risk a lot of out of pocket premiums (auto insurance premiums, ticket prices, job qualifications if I were cited for something more than speeding, even life insurance premiums are higher if you have a poor driving record) by racing around. I guess where I lived in Maple Grove, MN, the area outgrew fast driving as much as I did.

Then there's the issue of friends. My two main friends that were into the automotive hobby either grew distant from me in terms of any sort of relationship or distant from me in terms of physical location. My new friends weren't really into vehicles and without that driving force to keep up with the Joneses or talk about having that supercharger or whatever, the thoughts just fade away.

Finally, there is a knowledge issue. You would figure that after 5,000 posts (admittedly at least 1,000 were probably me flaming some poor kid) I would be a good go-to guy with questions. However, things are very dynamic in the racing and performance communities. I might still know how to diagnose a problem in a malfunctioning running condition, but there are true performance enthusiasts on this board that have acquired serious real world knowledge of racing products and modifications. Those performance enthusiasts are not only more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to making modifications to Mustangs, but their information is also more up to date. It's pretty rare that I come across a topic where I can post relavent information that another member couldn't elaborate on more or better than I.

Like Mr 5 0 indicated, I believe these message boards have long time contributors, but there are generations on boards just like there are generations in life. My time as a young kid pining after Mustang's and performance cars are over. I see a lot of the guys with expendable cash in their 40s get back into the hobby to meet enthusiasts that are not only interesting people, but good people, so maybe that interest will open back up again for me someday. There are a couple project cars that are still on my "wish list" that I never got a chance to have so you can never tell. Until that time, I will likely remain a bit of an apparition on this website.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #27
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Wow, I love the new look of the site.

It's been forever since I've posted on MustangWorks, but I still see familiar faces.

My 92 LX hatch is gone, as well as my notch.

I'm working on a 93 LX hatch now.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #28
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Wow, I just looked at my register date. It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since I first registered.

I still remember I lot of the old "crew"

Mercury
Unit 5302 (Kell),
PKRWUD (Chris),
RBatson (Rick),
Skyman,
Mach1,
FiveOhPatrol (Drew),
6T9 Pony (Ben),
Mr 5.0 (Jim),
Fox Body (Jamal),
Joe4Speed (Joe),
CrazyHorseGT (Marty)
SRV1,
TNT,
1bad89,
mustangII460

And who all remembers our very good friend Eric4Nitrous and his Pro 5.0 car? LMAO !!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:44 AM   #29
rwhite65
Ride Hard

glad to see you still have a stang in the stable.
Ryan

Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #30
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Remember Me??

My God, I could not resist...
Merc. Congrats Man! I'm REALLY REALLY happy for you! You deserve it! Kell, what is up with your life? Email me and let me know whats going on.... I was shocked to see you and Mr. 50 on here! WOW! Very cool...

I fall into that catagorie Jim talked about the 'priorities' taking you away from Websites...which in my case was prolly a good thing. Me and Paul have been living together for a year and a half now, together for 3years (- 6 months inbetween). Im sure we'll get married eventually, not sure when. I'm more then ready! I'm enjoying my '05 Roush working 5 days a week now to pay for it, and Caitlin is doing great shes 14 and just got braces. Shes really pretty and SMART~ Still planning on retiring in 4 years when the ROUSH is paid off and we'll prolly sell the house and move to Austin. Or somewhere like that....

My brother passed away on Valentines Day this year. Chirrosis. He was 46. 30+ years of hard core drinking caught up with him. I hardly drink anymore and between me, Caitlin and Paul we've lost 150 lbs. I feel better now then I have in many many years. I feel like I look better too. I go to sleep by 10pm on work nights! Did not realize how all those 'all nighters' back in the days of the forums was wiping out my body all those years! They were some good times though! This place kept me laughing for YEARS!!!!! good to see some of you guys still around!

Cobrajet, check your email at work, I sent you a lengthy reply to your Car Show email. I think it will help... and thanks for thinking of me to ask about it, when you said you posted it on MW, its what made me stop by here....

Hope everyones doing well!
TNT
"Topless In Texas II"
'05 ROUSH GT Verte

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #31
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I just happened to come by this site today lookin for some spark plug info and realized it had been a long time. No harm to this site I have just been alot more involved with my local Mustang Clubs forum. I will have to stop by more often

wow my signature isnt even up to date, my '89 got stolen and stripped and I am currently driving a '91 LX hatchback built for corner carving with a myriad of Maximum Motorsports parts
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #32
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Anyone Remember Me??

It's both interesting and gratifying to see new posts coming in from MW 'old timers'. I appreciate all of them.

Obviously, our lives go on and what we were into five years ago or more is not necessarily what we are into, today. However, even without a Mustang in my garage, as a former 5.0 Mustang owner, I still appreciate the 'breed' and retain a nostalgic connection to this website.

As for offering technical help, I gave that up some years ago for the reasons Unit 5302 mentioned in his astute post, along with a degree of personal burn-out. Most of my Mustang 'tech' knowledge applies to a specific vehicle that went out of production well over a decade ago. Besides, there are magazines and books available, as well as websites like this one, that contain everything I could ever offer in the way of technical and performance-enhancing advice for the 5.0 Mustang.

I certainly enjoyed working on and driving my 5.0 Mustang for 15 years, as well as dispensing 5.0 tech advice on this website (in the tech forum) but 'that was then, this is now'. I'm pleased that so many former frequent posters still choose to drop in on the site occasionally. I'm proud to be a 10-year member of MW and value my long-distance friendship with site owner and designer Dan McClain and I'll be 'dropping in' on this site, and this particular forum, for some time to come, I can assure you.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #33
redsn95vert
Registered Member

Just checked in for the first time in a while and I couldn't resist...
I haven't seen this many "old timers" posting since I first bought my Mustang. Good to see everyone, hope all is well.
B.J.
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #34
Rev
Registered Member

I always remembered Mercury's somwhat unorthodox and often humorous sagas, as sometimes un-nerving to the then forum editor Mr. 5.0. Merc was often straddling the the line of good taste in his discriptive narratives concerning all of those things then considered taboo.

I'm sure that those posts drove the staff at MW up that proverbial wall. I personally found them entertaining, Ah, but that was yesteryear and now is today.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:01 PM   #35
frmula505
Registered Member

Wasn't around back then. I'm kind of a lurker on this site but it's nice to see a couple of 03/04 Cobras come out of the woodwork.
2003 Cobra Torch red 10 anniversary 2.8 ultra grip upper pulley, 100mm aux. idler, 100mm idlers, custom predator dyno tune (467hp,505tq), K&N cai, BBK offroad X pipe, Magnaflow cb, centerforce clutch, bbk billet quadrant ,UPR firewall adjuster w/ stock cable, MGW short throw shifter, autometer boost, kenne brown hard launch kit with derlin bushings, and BFR G-Force tires (315-30-18 dr's rear)
My Car
frmula505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #36
sedanman
Registered Member

Its funny to see how we have all changed over the years.

I love the new site

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #37
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I just recently became a moderator over on another forum. I would love to see our activity pick back up here as it has over there....

Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #38
kmason
07 Cali Special

Hello everyone, I'm new to this area, (La Porte) Moved from Tulsa, OK this winter. I have a mustang that I would like to show, but not sure where to go at this in town. I have been to Kemah a few times, and met a few people, but I'm talking about the car shows where theres an entry fee, and prizes given away, can anybody point me to a club on this side of Houston... I have driven to Spring a few times, and let me tell ya, I hate the TRAFFIC! I got my first rock chip a couple of weeks ago, and it sucks! I prefer to stay on this side of town, I can't afford to keep getting my hood painted! Thanks Khara
kmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #39
Rev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmason View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this area, (La Porte) Moved from Tulsa, OK this winter. I have a mustang that I would like to show, but not sure where to go at this in town. I have been to Kemah a few times, and met a few people, but I'm talking about the car shows where theres an entry fee, and prizes given away, can anybody point me to a club on this side of Houston... I have driven to Spring a few times, and let me tell ya, I hate the TRAFFIC! I got my first rock chip a couple of weeks ago, and it sucks! I prefer to stay on this side of town, I can't afford to keep getting my hood painted! Thanks Khara
Contact "Topless in Texas" (do a search). She is in your area and has always been very active in car shows. I might add that she is also wonderful person as well.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #40
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Amazing! Many familiar screen names here in one thread... hello everyone, it's good to 'see' you all.

Take care,
-Ryan Skaggs

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote