MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-12-2001, 09:44 PM   #1
wes hall
Registered Member

Angry ARRESTED FOR WORKING ON MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ

seems murphys law is very true.if it can go wrong, it will go wrong. need i say more. i was arrested for disorderly conduct for working on my car in my yard.i was chareged with 6 counts. the state atty report said i was revving my car for long periods of time at a late hour. what bull sh*t.i never started my car after 830 in the evening.i had to come up with 1500 dollars to bond out of jail. this was the first time i have ever been in trouble in my life.i have 3 neighbors that filed a complaint.i also want to add i live in the middle of nowhere and there is no noise ordance(spelling) in my county. if anyone would like to shed some light on this subjuct i would apprciate any suggestions or comments.
THIS IS REALLY NOT A JOKE IT REALLY HAPPEND!!!!!!!!!!!!
wes hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:40 PM   #2
n20neenee
Registered Member

what part of Florida are you from
n20neenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

I am sorry to hear that your neighbours are such ********! (As long as you are telling the truth)

Most of my neighbours are real ******* stupid. They have spoken to me about working on my car, one even comented about how many times I wash it! MIND YOUR OWN ******* BUSINESS!!!!!!!

As for suggestions, I cannot make any. Basically you are ******! You are stuck with the $1500 bill and you will most likely get charged again. If the neighbours called once, they WILL call again!

Sorry for the venting, I just hate this crap!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

[This message has been edited by Capri306 (edited 01-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Capri306 (edited 01-15-2001).]
88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:58 PM   #4
89FHPLX
Registered Member

My best friend is a police officer, First of all they supposed to give you a warning, second, you can do any thing you want until 11:00pm but you did good in not working on your car after 8:30pm. They are assholes and they twisted the law. I would get more info about that and fight it. I hate when cops eat **** and have nothing to do. Except my best friend. Good luck
89FHPLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:58 PM   #5
fiveliter8
Registered Member

Angry

Yep, about 5 years ago, I got a citation for "performing repairs on a vehicle on a public road". Some new ordinance the city came up with to preserve property value. (sheeah, what the f ever) I was parked in front of my parents house changing a m-frikkin' serpentine belt. This was in St. Peters, MO.

------------------
Factory Five Roadster Build
Yellow T-roofed 84GT (In users rides)&
20th Anniversary GT350 ragtop
fiveliter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:59 PM   #6
batm351

that is bullshit man to bad you are not closer you could come here and work on it.
Old 01-13-2001, 12:01 AM   #7
batm351

that is bullshit man to bad you are not closer you could come here and work on it.

------------------
1991 lx coupe
91 351w short block
gt-40 heads
roller cam conversion
all the bolt ons

Old 01-13-2001, 09:10 PM   #8
teal93LX
Registered Member

that blows..if you have the cash i would get an atty and fight it..that is such a croc..
and why couldnt the neighbor just come over like a normal person and ask you to chill out a little
why is everyone so quick to call the damn coppers..

i can relate to this cause i live in a condo and god forbid i even raise the f*cking hood in my parking lot..they'de have the f*cking swat team here..i had to drive 50 miles today to my buddies house just to do a simple tune up on the car

i'm feel you pain my brother
good luck, and please don't shoot the neighbors as i might be inclined to do!!

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 12:41 AM   #9
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Moved to the Blue Oval forum.

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 12:57 AM   #10
97snakedriver
Registered Member

I would fight it. It depends on what court you end up going to on what the best option is, but I have a hard time seeing a judge impose any penalty for this.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 09:07 AM   #11
Dan Oldham
Registered Member

Thumbs down

That ain't right, Wes. You need to go to the library and start digging in the lawbooks for Florida. All you need is a reference page and a copy, and you'll be off the hook.

------------------
Email: RatedZ@aol.com
1994 B4C Camaro
LT1, 4L60E, 3.23 gears, Flowmaster muffler, Moroso cold air intake, Hypertech Power Programmer , airfoil
13.7 @ 100mph

http://hometown.aol.com/ratedz/ratedz/html
Dan Oldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 01:36 PM   #12
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

That is crap! My neighbors are the same way! I had some friends over and in front of my house was a Trans Am and SS, In the driveway was my boyfriend's heads-and-cam Z28 and my 99 GT, And in the Garage was my 68 Fastback. When my neighbor walked by (she was by herself...so I don't know who the crazy hag was talking to) She says: THANK GOD MY KIDS ARE STILL ALIVE!

What is that BS?!?!? If she didn't let her ****ing kids play in the street like it is a damn playground, she wouldn't have to worry about her freakin kids getting hit by cars. And the worst part is that HER kids play baseball in the street and constantly hit my mom and dad's vehicles with baseballs etc. The best thing they ever did was throw fireworks at my dad's truck.

How is having 5 parked cars a big deal?

It's fun now though because we always rev at her house just to tick her off. And one night we used the PA system on my boyfriend's dad's cop car to wake them up at 3 in the morning! It was great! Revenge! hahaha

Anyways... had to vent about my sh!t faced nieghbors since we were on the subject.

Jodi
Red 68 GT FB M4
BLK 99 GT CP M5
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 09:40 PM   #13
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Check this out, my neighbors call and tell me i need to slow down when im driving in "my" driveway becaus their cats like to play their . (i dont even go that fast down my driveway) I just asked them nicley to keep their cars out my yard if they want to prevent them from being ran over.
My other neighbor called me and said i need to get a more quiet muffler becaus i wake him up every morning, i said i would try to stay off the gas infront of his house from now on, he said that wont work for him, i just said you buy me a new muffler i will... (of course i never did)

This same neighbor called my parents and said they need to take away my camaro becaus im to young to be driving such a fast car....

By the way, how did they pull a disorderly conduct charge out their *** for that? Isnt that "disturbing the peace"???
------------------
1991 Z28 Camaro L98 5.7http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-resized.jpg
http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-2-resized.jpg

[This message has been edited by KillaZ350 (edited 01-14-2001).]
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 12:35 AM   #14
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

KillaZ350 -
That's nothing! I go to a private school, and they told my parents that my car gives them a bad name! "It's loud and entirely too fast and it makes our student body look disorderly and aggresive" Now that is **** !

Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 08:04 AM   #15
Dan Oldham
Registered Member

That's pretty funny, Jodi. Before I moved outta my parents' house, the neighbor tried to get a petition signed preventing me from driving the car after 10pm! They said it was too loud and obnoxious! From what I understand, they DID have a few signatures! But....guess what. NOBODY can do ANYTHING about it.

It never ceases to crack me up that if we had cars as loud as Harleys we'd get pulled over....but what about them driving through neighborhoods at 1am?

------------------
Email: Dan Oldham@aol.com
1994 B4C Camaro
LT1, 4L60E, 3.23 gears, Flowmaster muffler, Moroso cold air intake, Hypertech Power Programmer , airfoil
13.7 @ 100mph

http://hometown.aol.com/ratedz/ratedz/html
Dan Oldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 10:47 AM   #16
Try Me
Registered Member

What the cops are supposed to do and what they actually do are two entirely different things.. I get the impression you may have gotten rowdy with them? Either way, that sucks..

I always drive ridiculously slow in my neighborhood to avoid exactly what happened to you.. people suck, especially the jeolous types, like your neighbor.

As for them calling your parents and lecturing them on your Hot Roding lifestyle, tell them those communist-conservative-nazi-tweed-wearing-tea-drinking-gueesers to blow you.
There isn't much healthier for a young man than a Hot Rod.
Now i'm upset..

Unfortunatly in most cases being confrontational in any way with mutant lunatics like that leads to more BS... no matter what kind of solution or come back you make - they'll pull something even crazier from their sleeve.

My friend B.B. sold his Roadrunner last year because of years of shitty neighbors.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 02:15 PM   #17
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Angry

I feel the pain in here. I don't have a loud exhaust on the Lincoln...(yet)I'd walk out to the car and turn it on with the portable phone while they be b*tchen at me and rev it up. Maybe should call block everyone in the neighborhood.
As for the cats, get that bumper sticker that says I like cats,they taste like chicken.
Now if anyone should be getting arrested or told off it should be those pesky hondas and caprices with 4 15's in the trunk with a rattle that could wake the dead. These guys in my complex just sit there for like 20-30 minutes with the system kickin. I like when they set off my alarm because then they get a taste of their own nuicance.

------------------
Rob meister
89 Mercedes 190E 2.6
87 Lincoln Continental
Ex 86 Mercury Cougar
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:45 PM   #18
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

Wes, I am not surprised. Look at what they did with a simple election. No offence to you.

------------------
Jason B Johnson
88LX,speed density,edel heads,4.30s,B-303,cobra,tremac,
12.38 @ 111.28 1.80 60ft 28X10 street tires
12.17 @ 112 26 X 10 slicks
http://www.mustangworks.com/mustangs...g347-slot3.jpg

88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 11:03 PM   #19
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Red face

I can hardly believe what I am hearing. . Getting jailed (without getting official WARNINGS first), neighbors signing petitions, telling you to change your mufflers, etc , heh, heh, oh man, he ha ha, I can hardly control the laughter. You guys sound like you live next to the Bradys, heh he . I really don't mean to downplay the severity of your situations (I myself do find it highly sickening), I just find it amazing that people would have such the audacity. Man!

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 02:26 PM   #20
clearwaterms
Registered Member

We used to work at my buddies house all the time from like 8-10pm, we always stopped at 10 pm, if we went longer the cops said they had ground to arrest the owner of the house. So we either stopped at 10pm or went into the garage and worked with only hand tools. We got busted for noise, it was a ratchet, that we were using as we were bolting an airfilter in. Later we got harassed for bright lights, then for speeding around the neibor hood (a punk in a old trans-am was speeding around and because there was three mustangs, a LT-1 camaro, and a supra in the driveway we took the **** .) Then we had a detective come to his house, threating to arrest because we have had multiple complaints. One night, my buddy that lives in that house had his sister over and she decided to set off the panic alarm on her car and leave it right next to there window, the next week we saw a for sale sign in front of the neibors house. We won after all.
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote