MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default Ati Procharger

I own a D-1 procharger, it has a single belt running the blower and accesories. The system originaly came equiped to use the factory 6 rib pulleys but it wouldn't produce but 4-5 lbs of boost. I called ATI and they sent me a smaller pulley, this still didn't help. I figured out the belt was slipping, so they told me to purchase 8- rib pulleys from mikes mustang. The belt continues to slip with very little change in boost level. The system was sold as a 14# kit .I again called AtI and they told me that was on a compelety stock motor, and my motor flowed too well , and then they tell me they are pushing over 20lbs of boost on renegade race cars. I know my motor isn't stock but its not a RENEGADE RACE MOTOR either. ATI makes nothing but excuses for a system that is handicapped by a single drive belt, they use the same boost and horsepower numbers from their kits that use a seperate belt to run the blower. I was fooled into buying a system that wouldn't work on my application, after they got my money and covinced me I needed a 1000 dollar set of pulleys. I think these big companys should properly advertise their systems seperatly and not just throw them alltogether just because they use the same head unit. ATI doesn't care about us little guys who actually pay for our blowers , as long as the top racers are happy and win races with their race stuff they can keep fooling us into buying their street junk that doesn't work. If anyone has had problems with ATI I would like to hear about them and if you found or have any solutions to my problem. In my opinion ATI PROCHARGER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
DSS306 SHORTBLOCK,STAGE2 VICTOR JR. HEADS,AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,TFS INTAKE,50# INJECTORS,MSD6AL,D-1 PROCHARGER,TKO TRANS.,CENTERFORCE CLUTCH,MAC LONGTUBE HEADERS,FLOWMASTERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE, ALL IN A 1995 GTS
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote