MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Unhappy Auna's Back in the Hospital

She was admitted to the hospital ER last night with a severe infection in her hip. They transferred her via ambulance to Children's again. They decided the best thing to do was to perform surgery, so they put her out and opened her up to insert a tube in her hip to drain the infection out. She'll be on morphine for a few days. They said she'll be in a LOT of pain for the next 2-3 days, and of course, she'll have to remain in the hospital that she got out of on Wednesday.

I'm so angry and upset. Everything is so simple to me, the way that I look at things. Nothing is too much of a mystery (barring girls). I don't understand why they had to open her up, or why she's got such a serious infection only 3 days off being on a powerful antibiotic. Why can't they just take a syringe and stick it in there, remove the infection, and give her a local antibiotic? Children's is a **** hosptial in my opinion. They handled her spinal mengitis poorly, taking the deadly disease lightly. Now they've said they are going to have to aggressively target the infection so that it doesn't destroy her hip. They want to look at her spleen to figure out if her immune system is okay. The doctors gave some lame-o excuses of how she could have gotten it, and said 50% of the time they never figure out why. ****, they don't figure out much. Certainly been my experience. I paid workers comp bills for a couple of years. They can't figure out which end they crap out of sometimes. Just makes me so ticked off.

I went to visit her at home on Wednesday night. Her first day out of the hospital and brought her 3 Dragonball Z videos I picked up. The next night I went and we stayed up till she was ready to keel over watching Goku battle Cell and Majin Boo. She's such a sweet little kid. I hate to see her cooped up in a hospital hurting to the point they cannot give her enough morphine to kill the pain or it would kill her. My sister is just destroyed. She just took off 2 weeks from work without pay, money she didn't have. Her co-workers put together over $500 for her, a real saving grace. Now she gets to sit in the hospital next to her daughter, and hope for the best again.

jimberg, and fordgasm, I want you two guys to know I did make it to the show, albeit I was a little late. I was waiting for word on Adriauna, and I didn't arrive until 2:45, when most everybody was packing it up. Ran into a few friends of mine who shared some burnout stories about the N/A Gray car with the frame reinforcement and all that, and how the mid-life crisis guy couldn't shift for crap. Heh. If I wouldn't have trusted those website directions I would have been there closer to 2:15. I knew where the place was, too. Sorry I wasn't early enough to meet up with you.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote