MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-19-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
mikestang
Registered Member

Angry ANOTHER SHOP to avoid!!!!!!!!!

Here's another Company that you need to avoid like the plague.

http://www.aluminumpolished.com/

Here's the story.

I was looking for someone to polish my Edelbrock intake and saw on a thread that this guys does "good "work. I checked out his site and after talking to him for about twenty minutes I sent to him my Edelbrock to polish for my show car- manifold FOUR months ago.

He charges my credit card for the work and for two months now, every time I call or e mail him he tells me BS like... we are behind, I have had problems.... etc.

NOW for that last week he doesn't even bother to answer my e mails or messages on his company phone.!!!!!!!

ARRRGH

Trad abd decide for yourself:

Subj: hello?
Date: 10/1/01 9:01:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: ALUMINUMPOLISHED

Hi jeff..

What's up with my edelbrock intake?

It's been like 4 months..

Please call me

Subj: Re: hello?
Date: 10/2/01 1:35:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: MIKESTANG

MIKE,
I APOLIGIZE FOR THE DELAY. I JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT. I AM UNABLE TO FINISH YOUR PART PERSONALLY AT THIS TIME BUT I HAVE A QUALIFIED PERSON THAT CAN FINISH IT. I WILL GET THEM INTO THE SHOP A.S.A.P.

JEFF REESE 888-900-0919
ALUMITECH -- http://aluminumpolished.com

ubj: Re: hello?
Date: 10/2/01 6:18:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time

so sorry to hear about it jeff,

hope you are ok....

do me a favor. just send it back and credit my credit card back.

thank you

MIKE,
YES, I CAN DO THAT. YOUR INTAKE IS PARTIALY PREPPED, BUT NOT POLISHED. I WILL HAVE MY HELP GET IT TO A 80 GRIT BUFFED FINISH. THIS WILL NOT TAKE LONG(1-2 DAYS). WOULD YOU LIKE IT POWDER COATED? I CAN HAVE THAT DONE IN SHORT ORDER AS WELL.
WHAT WOULD BE A FAIR AMOUNT TO REFUND TO YOU.SEEING THAT WORK HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY. I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GOING THROUGH FINANCIAL PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW AND BUSINESS HAS SUFFERED A GREAT DEAL. I UNDERSTAND YOUR PART HAS BEEN DELAYED A GREAT DEAL, BUT REMEMBER IT TOOK A WHILE TO RESOLVE THE BROKEN CORNER ISSUE AND THERE WAS A WAITNIG PERIOD BEFORE WE COULD START THE JOB.
THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING. WE WILL RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND SHIP YOUR INTAKE A.S.A.P.(BY WEEKS END).

SINCEELY,JEFF REESE/ALUMITECH 888-900-0919
ALUMITECH -- http://aluminumpolished.com

Subj: Re: hello?
Date: 10/2/01 7:01:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time

wait a minute jeff....

i understand that you have personal issues.

we ALL have. I recently lost a relative on 9/11

But you are conducting a business. AND you have already been paid for this .

Please let me know what the estimated time of finish would be on the part.

if it is within one week ok.

thanks

MIKE,
OK.WE WILL GET YOUR PART COMPLETE AND SHIPPED BY WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 10TH. I AM NOT TRYING TO AVOID A REFUND OR SERVICE. PLEASE,PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE ALOT OF THINGS WORKING AGAINST ME AT THIS TIME.

SINCERELY,JEFF REESE/ALUMITECH 888-900-091

ubj: Re:
Date: 10/16/01 4:45:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time

jeff,

hi its the 16th and i haven't heard from you.

can you please update me on what's going on?

ubj: Fwd:
Date: 10/17/01 7:12:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time

jeff..

either e mail me or contact me at 800-xxx-xxxx

thank you

ubj: Re:
Date: 10/19/01 7:15:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time
CC: MIKESTANG

Mr. Reese,

I have repeatedly attempted to contact you via e mail and by phone.

You have chosen NOT to reply.

You have received BOTH payment for my part AND the part itself.

Since you are clearly not going to honor the commitment into which we have entered, I ask that you immedialtely refund the FULL amount of my purchase and return the manifold in the same condition as shipped to you.

If I do not receive a response in 24 hours I will contact my credit card, UPS, and the local authorities to file a civil complaint.

ALSO, REST assured I will post in detail how you conduct business on every major car web site.

i have kept every e mail between us as ducumentation.
I believe 4 months is long enough to wait. You have made more than one promise to finish the manifold and have failed to deliver. Now you don't even have the ethics to answer me?

I want an email that says you are crediting back my credit card and the tracking # for UPS.

Add them to the list... /me kicks myself in the a$$..

REPEAT AFTER ME..... ONLY DEAL WITH LOCALS.. ONLY DEAL WITH LOCALS.....

------------------
1987 gt convert(orig owner),Vortech A trim with Dynotech Pipe 10# boost,JMS chip,6037 heads, perf 5.0 manifold, 70 mm t/b,Pro M 77, 36lb'ers, cobra 1.7 rr's, FRPP Ceramic headers, mkvIII fan,psm controller, griffin alum rad, powermaster 140 amp alt, pullies, msd6al with timing control,FMS wires,centerforce clutch, hurst shift, upr adj clutch quadrant and cable,125 nos shot, hi flow cats, 2 chamber flows,Chrome LX exhaust tailpipes,gw subs,FMS 3.55's, custom white pearl with blue paint, cervin
mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 05:21 AM   #2
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Sorry about your problem. But thanks for the heads up on this business. I'm going through a similar experience with my wedding video. I got married in June 2000. The video cost us $2500 paid in advance. The video guy rarely returns my phone calls and only recently he has said it will be done in a few weeks. The funny thing is I'm the first of my pretty large circle of friends to get married. This guy told us he basically gets his business from word of mouth. Well we already recomended our photographer to 2 other couples and they've used him. I don't care if our video (if we ever get it!!) is worthy of an Academy Award. I WILL NEVER RECOMEND THIS PERSON TO ANYONE. What bothers me the most is that I would never treat someone, especially a paying customer, this way. It's an extremely frustrating feeling. Anyway, good luck and thanks for letting me vent!!
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 07:56 AM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

damn that really sux! i hope everything works out for u!

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 08:01 AM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I hope you see your intake some time... go on a vacation to OH and stop it.

------------------
14.28@103.0 on a G-Tech Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5z,

Real power STUFF I Have and will put some time: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump NOS Dry 75HP, AFR 165 58cc, GT-40 Intake.
Next to get: Rocker Arms,Cam,Injectors 24, What might I need???See It at www.computerconquest.com
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Also another place to stay away from is LHT(Lee's High Tech)they are located in Florida and they fugged me around hardcore and bent me over. They are an S-10 V8 swap shop. And if anyone wants any information about my incident then just e-mail me. It was horrible. They ended up charging me more money than their brand new parts, for used ones out of a wrecked truck that were supposedly "brand new", and he told me like around $450 and he ended up charging me like $1000. He also never returned my calls or e-mails for like 5 months. If I had a shop(and someday I will) I would never, NEVER treat my customers like that.

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.

-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
13.4's bone stock.

-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:09 PM   #6
slider
Registered Member

----- Original Message -----
To: ALUMINUMPOLISHED@AOL.COM
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 6:56 PM
Subject: polishing and powder coating

"I was just going to call to get a quote for polishing a cobra intake and after finding out what happened to mike....
I'm no longer interested. I think you should take of this manner soon before it gets spread all over the internet."

thought i should help.

slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 04:32 AM   #7
Mach 1
Registered Member

I said it once, and I'll say it again. If cars are your hobby, do the work yourself, or get a new hobby.

Customer service is terrible overall in this country, and when it comes to automotive industry, forget it.

You could have bought a polishing kit from eastwood for $30.00 and been done three months ago.

Good luck, and thanks for the warning.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 02:51 PM   #8
Matt Harwood
Registered Member

Not to fan the flames, but I'd like to play devil's advocate for a moment, if I may. It seems to me that he responded to you and gave you some excuses, but what if they're legit (stranger things have happened)? If he's injured and can't work on this, he's laying his reputation on the line and using someone else for the work. That's a risk he took and he's paying the price now.

I have a little sympathy for the guy because I've been there. When I was part of a group building hot-rod Corvettes, our chief welder and fabricator was hit by a drunk driver and couldn't work for 4 months (broken ribs, liver damage, etc.). We had a stack of cars waiting for roll cages that couldn't be finished without him. We had irate customers demanding refunds or immediate delivery of their cars or some special consideration OR ELSE (whatever that means). I got called names. But the truth is, sometimes **** happens and though you want to fulfil your promises, you just can't. It seems to me that this is what has happened in this case. His E-mails seem sincere and prompt, and he wants you to be a happy customer (all business owners do), but circumstances got the better of him.

However, as far as charging the credit card, I never charged a card until the part shipped. Never. And that's what the credit card companies tell vendors they have to do. Charging first and shipping later is against their contracts with the card companies. That's a no-no.

So, I think you are somewhat justified in your irritation (the part shouldn't have been sitting around for 2 months--you could polish it yourself on a weekend), but making threats isn't going to help your cause. If he was serious about his health problems, then your threats are the least of his worries. He offered to refund most of your money minus the work he's done. He asked you what you thought was fair. You responded with a demand for 100% of your money, and the threat of civil action. Take your loss on the part (so you get 70% of your money back, big deal), get the part back, and move on. You'll spend more time and money suing him than you would lose just taking him up on his offer to return the part minus his time. Just because you're the customer, that doesn't give you the right to dictate how he does business.

Flame suit on. Just a perspective from a guy who has seen the other side.

------------------
Matt Harwood
Harwood Performance Engineering
Cleveland, OH

1993 LX coupe: built 342, GT-40X heads, ported Cobra intake, JBA headers, 3.55s, etc., etc., etc.

FOR SALE: 1997 Ranger Splash Supercab: 1995 Cobra 5.0L, 8 PSI Kenne-Bell supercharger, Tremec 3550, 75mm Pro-M, 3.55s, fully functional PS, ABS, ice cold A/C and emissions legal.

See it all at:
www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com
Matt Harwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:02 PM   #9
USMC302
Registered Member

Angry

Thanks for the heads up, here is another for you SOCal folks.
Tranny Depot in San Marcos.

Rebuilt a worldclass for me for about $600 and told me he would add a steel bearing retainer for $150 more. after showing him it was like $40 new, he agreed to charge me just that. Before it wentin a noticed the steel bearing retainer was worn down and used. When he was confronted about ithe said it's ok it will so the trick and is still good as new. I told him i was only goingto give $20 for it then and he agreed. After one week the tranny was popping out of first gear. He said I must have broken a fork from shifting to hard. Right.
PART 2
He told me that it was still gauranteed so he would redo it for free but not without a $175 labor charge for taking it out and putting it back in the car. I picked up the car the next week and he said he fixed it. I pulled off of the lift as soon as they were done and it popped out of first, again. He gave me a temp loan (stock T5) and said he would redo it personally this time.( not his builders)
PART 3
I went to pick it up and have the trannies swaped out and he said that it was going to be another $150 for the wear and tear on his temp loan and because of labor for the swap and that he had another worldclass he was putting in because they didn't have the time to fix mine, after verifying that it too had a steel bearing retainer, it went in the car.
PART4
Two weeks later the tranny is leaking like crazy all over everything including my h-pipe and ssmoking because it was burning off of the exhaust. Talk about embarrasing. You guessed it, another $150 for the labor to replace the seals on it.
PART 5
The day after picking it up from the shop it was still leaking. He again said well, hmmm, bring it up here and we will see if we can't find that leak....again. I told him **ck off and that I had paid him as much as i would have if I bought a tremmec brand new and all I have is a leaking worldclass. I was going to take it to someone who knows what they are doing and stop milking me for money.

Sorry so long, had to vent a little.

------------------
88LX NOTCH 5.0, TFS Twisted Wedge Aluminum heads, 2.02 1.60 valves, BBK shorties unequal 1 5/8, off road H-pipe, Flowmasters, Drag lites, custom grind cam, solid motormounts, Aluminum Driveshaft, BBK springs, lakewood 90/10 50/50 shocks, BBK upper and lower control arms, 4.10 gears, centerforce DF clutch, adjustable BBK clutch cable with aluminum quadrant, Billet Steel flywheel, 70mm Acufab Throttle Body,MAC cold fender mount induction, K&N, 3 core radiator, flex-lite-fan, custom hardened push-
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:09 PM   #10
USMC302
Registered Member

Wink

To: 'ALUMINUMPOLISHED@AOL.COM'

CC:

Subj:

YOU REALLY NEED TO FINISH THE DEAL WITH MIKE AND HIS INTAKE, I READ ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN A MAJOR MUSTANG ENTHUSIAST WEBSITE, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A WHILE NOW TO GET SOME MINOR POLISHING DONE ON MANY THINGS, BUT I KNOW I WON'T BE GOING HERE.

------------------
88LX NOTCH 5.0, TFS Twisted Wedge Aluminum heads, 2.02 1.60 valves, BBK shorties unequal 1 5/8, off road H-pipe, Flowmasters, Drag lites, custom grind cam, solid motormounts, Aluminum Driveshaft, BBK springs, lakewood 90/10 50/50 shocks, BBK upper and lower control arms, 4.10 gears, centerforce DF clutch, adjustable BBK clutch cable with aluminum quadrant, Billet Steel flywheel, 70mm Acufab Throttle Body,MAC cold fender mount induction, K&N, 3 core radiator, flex-lite-fan, custom hardened push-
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:41 PM   #11
exgmguy
Registered Member

This is exactly why I do EVERYTHING myself.

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
11.5 @ 120 (9/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179

exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 07:27 PM   #12
mikestang
Registered Member

Angry

Well,

It is THURSDAY the 25th.

NO response still from MR. Reese, NO manifold back, NO refund.

I called the local Police Dept on MONDAY and talked with the chief there that said he would go out and talk to Jeff and tell him to be ethical and straighten things out.

As I said, this is now THURSDAY.

SO I am out 260 bucks and an Edelbrock upper manifold.

I guess the next thing to do is to file small claims court her in Palm Beach County.

Jeff, you really are something man.
You could of have least been a man and finished the damn work .

Now I am SURE you are going to lose more than what you are trying to screw me out of in business because people will NOT use you.

I told you this in a private email as a way of trying to settle this like adults.

What type of business person doesn't answer or return phone calls or emails ?

Do you realize that what you have committed is a crime? You have stolen my money and my part . It was shipped by UPS and I have the receipts to prove you were paid.

Dumb man, very dumb.

Subj: Re:
Date: 10/25/01 8:24:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time

jeff,

I have tried to be civil.

It is now TWO WEEKS after you promised my part would be ready.

You fail to return my emails or phone calls.

You leave me no choice but to pursue further action.

If you read your email, you must have already received some from other people saying they will not use your services until you straighten things out. Funny people, we car enthusiasts.... when we find out about people that don't act in an ethical fashion the word gets around VERY fast.

I do not wish you any harm but I can guarantee that you are going to end up losing ALOT more than what you are currently taking me for from LOST business.

Go and visit some of the car web sites and see for yourself.

I am giving you one last chance before I take further legal action.

DO the right thing ... Send back my part ASAP.

HELL.. even charge me for the shipping($20 bucks or so) .. IF you feel that you are "owed" anything else for work done . LET ME KNOW.

thanks

[This message has been edited by mikestang (edited 10-25-2001).]
mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote