MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Angry Bad News...blown clutch safety switch

I got some really bad news. I fried the solenoid on a new starter and I think I sent a surge the wrong way. Now I can't get my car started using the clutch anymore and if I bypass the clutch safety switch then the battery won't stay charged because the alternator isn't getting 12V. I hooked up the starter relay wrong a week ago and poof. Not good but it could of been worse. Anyway, I bypassed the clutchsafety switch by wiring up the ignition switch (white/pink one that is HOT on key START position) to the relay just so I could hear my engine run for the first time and to set the timing but now I obviously want the original problem resolved. I followed continuity from the white/pink wire but am losing it somewhere becuase it's dead at the clutch safety switch but live in other places (such as the grey box under the dash). I have some of the dash apart but I'm losing the wire around the steering shaft. Anyone ever have a problem like this before?
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Jay-
How did you determine that the jumper wire is causing the fault in the charging system? I am unaware of anything else in that circuit that would do that, but if it makes you feel better, check for continuity between the white/pink wire AT THE CLUTCH SWITCH, and the stock wire at the relay. If you have continuity, just run your jumper wire from the ign sw START to the white/pink wire at the clutch switch. It is the first item after the ignition switch in that circuit.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote