View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Once upon a time, I was the proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Daytona. I drove that car for 18 months and put 37k on it. Problem is, I moved to Ca after the first few months and had divability problems. The car could not run on Ca gas. The car was equipped with a V-6 (first time ever), but they were never sold in Ca because they were aware of this problem.

After months of dicking with Chrysler, I sued them. I won under the lemon law. I wonder how the current lemon laws are written to cover modifications? What Ford is trying to do is "understandable", but at the same time rediculous and unfair. Changing one component should not void an entire warrenty.

Anyone out there a lawyer? Can you check into this? The federal laws in regards to warrenties and lemon laws are VERY clear. I have to believe that Ford knows these same laws...that's the scary part.

As far as me (and I am now being selfish), my car is no longer under a new car warrenty. I do have an after market warrenty, though, which I should probably just "cash in".

I would also, in principal, never modify a car I was leasing. Lease rules are MUCH different than owning a car.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote