View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 08:25 PM   #7
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Default Re: Dear Ford customer: drop dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Welcome to the reality of claiming warranty repairs, which manufacturers hate and dealers are not thrilled about, either. I'm not the least bit surprised that once you hit a certain amount of warranty repair costs (to Ford) your car was 'flagged' and they did some loophole-searching to find a way to cut you off. It could have been anything but a modification is a handy excuse, even, as you note, it isn't that much money involved. The loss of you as a customer is clearly of no concern to them and they know you won't go to court for $400. so they consider it a 'win'. No more free repairs for your Ford. It's been modified you see. You lose. Bye now.

I accept the fact that Ford is a business, albeit a huge one, and they are always looking at the bottom line. Fine. What I see is a clear distinction between the short and long term benefits and that Ford is ignoring that. They stop any more free repairs on your car is the short-term win. You never buy another Ford and tell as many people as you can, which, when done via the internet, means thousands - and Ford loses many potential sales down the road is the long-term loss, but Ford doesn't care. Fine.

I'm not sure if GM, Honda or Toyota care either but I'll probably not buy another new Ford. Not simply because of this one example of corporate arrogance and short-sightedness but because of their 'quality issues' and other negative perceptions I've been getting about Ford. This example of stupidity and a 'screw the customer' corporate attitude is simply another reason to look harder at the many other manufacturers out there making quality cars - cars that don't need a lot of warranty work.
You sire are the persons that understands me and this situation the most. There is a conspiracy about warranty I realize now more than ever. When your vehicle is flagged, you hit the loop holes and it becomes harder and sometimes impossible to get work done.

Fluff them and their new cars with warranty. I've had it.

Let it be known Ford's warranty system is not what it seems.

Thanks for understanding.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote