View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 05:04 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

It really pisses me off to hear the indifference displayed by large companies and more so when it is Ford. But, you know what, seems like I'm starting to get used to it, which is shameful. And it seems like the attitude is the same as what Mr 5 0 summarized.

Personally, I've never bought a new vehicle in my lifetime and at this point, I still don't ever plan to (the crap already listed by Lizard King and others, being one reason). Ford knows that its biggest overall sales aren't coming from the Mustang, especially the performance ones. And a few diehards that like to mod their vehicles but complain about warrAnty issues that they know they can't win (or are not even worth the time or money pursuing), at this point in time, is not a big enough deal to worry about.

I'm not putting anyone down or trying to seem callous about the issue, but all the new car crap is not appealing to me (once again for reasons mentioned above and MANY other reasons). Yeah, it's cool to dream every once in a while, but I don't trust new car dealers/dealerships and would rather go out on my own, check out a used car from a private owner. Yeah, I'm sure one day my attitude may change about the whole dealership issue, but hey, you know, right now, if I get a performance car, I want it to be the way I WANT IT TO BE. If my purpose is to get an economy car, then cool, I don't even have to THINK about voiding a warranty cause I don't need to screw with it. But if I get a Mustang and want to mod it, screw the warranty. If I decide to get a fast car and I know it's not gonna be fast enough when I purchase it, I can either buy a faster car that will need no mods and not void the warranty or mod the car I got and void the warranty or not do anything to the car and not void the warranty. It's the burden I bear for buying a new car and relying on a bunch of crooks (yeah, a little harsh, maybe too harsh, but I'm venting right now.....) and the warranty as big daddy to solve all my problems.

I know it sounds like I'm dogging those who buy new cars, but honestly I'm not. Just giving my reasons for not going the new car route nowadays. I buy a used car, pay for it, and it's mine! No financing, no car payments, no dealer lies, no warranty, no this crap nor that crap, no paying thousands of $$$ extra beyond what the sticker price actually says . It's mine. If it breaks, I fix it or take it to a place of decent rep and get it fixed there. I mod it the way I want to and screw everybody else! But hey, if I were rich, i guess it all wouldn't matter at all.......

The icing on the proverbial feces cake that is posted in this thread helps to confirm my prior suspicions about the wonderful world of new car purchasing. THANKS FORD!
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote