View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 10:38 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

My 2002 GT was a pile, and the dealer was looking for any reason whatsoever to void the warranty when I brought it in last year for syncro replacement on the junky TR3650.

After asking me if there had been any modification at all, including exhaust, computer chips that are current or had ever been installed or any other major/minor modification, he assured me if there was, they would find it, and void my warranty.

I had the following problems with my pos.

6 Disc Head Unit power failures, intermittent.
Drivers power window failure, intermittent.
No start/power to starter intermittent (required jerking shifter back and forth in neutral)
3rd gear syncro failure.
Rough idle.
Noisy transmission.
Rear brake caliper drag.
Chugging/smoking on start up, intermittent.

Fantastic car. Had a whole 18k on it, and all those problems.

Though I knew their threats about the warranty were not necessarily legal, as LizardKing pointed out, it's very difficult to spend the kind of time and money to fight for what they owe you.

I'm just glad that I didn't modify anything. Of course, with the insane insurance rate and $400+/mo payment, who has the money to?

Bottom line, the 02 wasn't as quick as my 87, wasn't as fun to drive, had a junky driveline, was less reliable than my 161k theft recovery 87GT, had bad warranty service, and cost a fortune. Another new Ford? Unlikely.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote