MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
Suz
Registered Member

Default Time to say goodbye to my Stang

Hi all,
As much as it breaks my heart, I think its time for me and my '84 LX convertible to part company. I am the original owner and take full responsibility for its rough condition - didn't have the money or garage to give it the proper love. I'd love it to become someone's project car but don't know where to start in terms of coming up with a price or source for potential buyers. If someone would point me towards some information I'd really appreciate it. I am in Atlanta.

Thanks and sorry if this is not appropriate for this forum - I just really am kind of freakishly attached to this car.

-Suz
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Time to say goodbye to my Stang

try using kbb.com. Normally the prices are higher than what they actually go for though. You could also checkout ebay, see what other cars like your's are going for.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Suz, sorry to hear you and our beloved Mustang are parting company, but please tell us you are going to replace her with another Mustang!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
Suz
Registered Member

Hey all,
I checked eBay and kbb. Kbb doesn't seem to go back far enough. I also checked edmunds and nada. Honestly I am tempted to get the flywheel (or whatever the equivalent is on this car) fixed and go from there.....pouring a little sand in a very large hole I am afraid, but the thought of sending her to a salvage yard (where I obtained more than a few of her parts lately) is just sad. If I do get the "flywheel" fixed, is $400 fair?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

If that includes labor it sounds reasonable. It depends on what all else is wrong with the car. The truth is, it is easier to sell a running car than one that has to be hauled off on a flatbed. You would get your money back on the sale, probably more.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
Suz
Registered Member

I am SUCH a pushover when it comes to this car! Thanks to my buds at the salvage yard, I found a labor source for $250. I can get the part there for $25, but think I'll go to Napa for $50. It doesn't seem to take much funkiness for the flywheel to make a horrendous noise so I'll go for a quality part. I guess a new starter wouldn't be a bad idea either. I think I have the Autozone lifetime warranty on that...boy they just didn't know what they were getting into with that when I walked in...

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: