Thread: Before I marry
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #13
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default Re: Before I marry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
Yeah, and if you put jackstands under your car when you jack it up, aren't you just setting the car up to fall?
My car doesn't express feelings, emotions, or thoughts. Comparing a car on jackstands to a marriage doesn't make any sense. A car is an inanimate object. A human being is not. Apples to oranges.

Quote:
Your conclusion is so irresponsible that you obviously haven't given much thought to the whole concept.
Irresponsible because I don't care about petty materialistic things?? If I lost everything it wouldn't matter. It would matter WHY I lost everything but not WHAT I lost. In the end, it's just stuff. A marriage is a union where two people begin a life-long journey together. If I ever make that committment, I'm not going to worry about 'covering my ass'.

Quote:
I treat the concept as insurance in case the other person isn't as committed as they would indicate.
I would hope a grown adult could judge whether they are ready for marriage or not....but sadly some adults don't know how to commit to someone or something. The divorce rate today is a scary number and like you, I am doing my part and staying single.....for now.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote