MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 12:40 PM   #1
Coupe Devil

Post Best vacation spot?

Some of my closest buds and myself are planning a vacation for next summer but we cant really decide where to go. We were thinking about the Destin, or Ft. Lauderdale area's of Florida or maybe Going down to Texas. (Texas people can't be biased). We really cant decide. We will be driving and pulling a 32' camper, we might even take the boat. Where are some good places that you can think of. The camper is an option but not final. We had just thought to do that to save a little money.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover, elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p.carb., built c-4, e-303, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, roll cage, summit seat, subs, 15x10's in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, all in use for 1988 Hatch Drag Car. Hope to start running next year. Hoping for 7.20's after all is done with small motor.
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:39 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Florida and Texas are cool but I've always been partial to Colorado. There's a lot around Denver, Estes Park, Colorado Springs and the like. Just a thought

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited 10-02-2001).]
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 11:33 PM   #3
rbatson

I think Niagra is the place for a honey moon. Daytona is always a blast as is the bahama islands. I want to go to costa rico and cancun(mexico) as soon as I can.

When are you guys going? I would have to say, if you're are a bunch of young guys looking for fun.. I'd go to the fla. keys for spring break or Cabo Wabo(mexico). You will SURELY have a good time at either of those places. I'd like to check out New Orleans too.. I've heard Hedoism is 'the' place to go to take your blues away...

/note to self, make plans for Hedoism..

I've yet to venture the west coast, I know there is much fun to be had out that way.. I need to check it out before I'm too old..

Another thought is Bradenton for the ffw spring break.. it kicks off the season. I've done it twice and plan to make it a yearly thing. It's on the gulf coast of Fla. Lots of mustangs and vendors(women too).
Old 10-03-2001, 02:47 AM   #4
PKRWUD

I'm partial to the left coast. I used to live back east, and I still visit my Mother in Florida every year, but I just don't see hanging out in that humidity as being "fun". I guess if you're already used to it, it's no big deal, but that's still more like suffering than vacationing to me. Out this way, Cabo ROCKS! Nothing but fun. No hassles, no worries, no sharks (but enough Marlin to enable you to walk from boat to boat (at sea). I suppose there's law enforcement of some kind, but I never saw them. Very, very friendly people, bars and clubs open all night long. I swear, it's like these peoples only mission in life is to see to it that you have a killer time, and cheaply! San Fillipe is pretty cool, too. At either place, you will dine on fresh lobster and swordfish, drink gallons of beer, and as much tequila as you can handle, for less than $20 a night. There are really nice "resorts" to stay at for alot less than you'd expect, too. Damn. I may have to go back soon.

Pismo Beach is pretty killer too, especially if you're into off-road.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!

[This message has been edited by PKRWUD (edited 10-03-2001).]
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:52 PM   #5
jimberg
Registered Member

Okay, this probably isn't what you were looking for, but THE BEST vacation I ever took was white water rafting down the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon. You get all the beer you can drink ( Our first stop on the way to the river was the liquor store and the second was the camping store ), the food is awesome, it's some of the coolest scenery you'll ever see in your life, the rapids are fun, and you're completely sheltered from outside events. The trip I went on was for a week. You don't even bring a watch since time is irrelevant.

This is the trip I took Wilderness River Adventures

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #6
egiap's 5.0
Registered Member

Since you have a boat at hand and your from KY. why not try lake cumberlin. Take about 900 gallons of beer and have a great time with friends. Have done this 3 times and its not to expensive with about 12 people. Where ever you go have a great time and safe trip.

------------------
Edward VanCura, Amsoil dealer. For information about amsoil synthetic oil and lubes leave me a message. Ask about preffered customer program and buy at dealer cost.
egiap's 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote