MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Default Better late then never..Hi all!

Hi to all here,
My name is Donovan, I am from Shallotte NC. I am currently living in Virginia Beach Va. since that is where the Navy has taken me next. I just came from Sicily Italy which was my last duty station. Before that I was in Jax, Florida for 3 years with my second 5.0L GT that was sadly totaled cause a lady pulled out in front of me at 50mph. I was in Modern Mustangs of Jax while there for about a year with the 5.0 I lived in Shallotte NC, the rest of my life and at 16 got my first 5.0 GT that my dad bought for me which was over whelming cause we never had alot of money growing up. It was an 88GT with 100k on it but it was better then a brand new car cause I had always wanted that since I saw one. My father had a 90LX 5.0 so it came naturally for me to want one.

Now only alittle over a month I have my new 5.0L (well not really new by any means). It's a 87 GT T-Top. It has been poorly taken care of but never been wrecked thank god and I hope to keep that record with it. I read in another thread here how you guys hate newbs that come on here asking the same ole questions and guess what I have done that myself already till I found out how informative this site is already with the search feature. Sorry about my stupid post. I just have alot of problems with the stang atm and want to get her feeling better if you know what I mean.

Well if anyone is around Virginia Beach area and is a Mustang fanatic like myself that likes to work on them, go to the strip etc.. etc.. give me a holla. So far since I have been in Va its been sucking cause all the ppl I work with are not car ppl, and no one that lives in my neighbour hood are either so it sucks. I been looking for a Mustang club here but not sure what they expect of you and your car to join. Well that's enough about me.

Donovan

Looking for GT40 or GT40P heads
Mods bought but not installed, GT40 Intake, 65mm TB/EGR spacer, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Adjustable Fuel regulator
87TtopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Default Re: Better late then never..Hi all!

I grew up in DC and managed to run around Va beach a bit. Back then the traffic wasn't quite as bad though.

If your not familiar with the area I would suggest crossing the bay and heading up to places like Chrisfield Md, Ocean City Md, Delaware etc. O-yeah, Assateague island is a neat place too. Horses swimming around in the ocean! Ocean City has alot of Rod Runs etc.

Anyway, welcome
Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Traffic is horrible imho here. I am looking for a 1/4mi track also around here but from what I hear its hour and half to the nearest so that bits. I would settle for an 1/8 mi track alot closer. Thks Frank

Donovan

Mods bought but not installed, GT40 Intake, 65mm TB/EGR spacer, 24lb injectors, MAF conversion, Adjustable Fuel regulator
Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Heres a good start.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/DragStrips.html
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #5
87TtopMan
Registered Member

Nice thks for that link