MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
quick89gt
Registered Member

Unhappy College Courses...uuggghhh

I just finished my first week of classes, and man, I already don't want to go back. I've got a Physics Lab, Business Management, Marketing, COBOL programming, a theatre class, and anthropology (both electives)
I didn't take my CMIS270 course, b/c i didn't want to be too strained this semester, plus that would have been 2 night courses from 7:30 to 10:15 and that would be too much, I think. I have to have electives anyway, so I'm not really out anything. Well, just had to vent a little about school...anyone else feeling my pain????

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:37 PM   #2
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Red face

I feel your pain... Im a senior in high school and right now id UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH for me.
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #3
quick89gt
Registered Member

well, this is my junior year in college, i'm behind like a semester, so i've still got a year and a half to go...but hey, the worst part is over

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:51 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Right here Quick, I feel your pain. Got 2 more days before my first week of school ends. Being that this is my last semester of undergraduate studies (after which I will have my BS in Chemistry), I'm taking 1 hard class (core) and 3 easy classes (electives): Physical Chemistry II, 2 Wellness classes, (one canoeing and the other weight lifting), and Speech class. Why do I have to take STINKING wellness and Speech classes? Supposed to make me "well-rounded". What a bunch of b.s.

Anyway, of course my last semester just has to suck: I have to work everyday after school b/c I used to work Tuesdays and thursdays 10hrs/day (on salary), but since I have to get these STUPID Wellness classes in to graduate, I could only fit the one that is only offerred on Tue/thur (so I can't work 10hr days). Thus, I have to make up that 20/week by working a little everyday (mon-thur). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE learning. School just takes the fun out of it sometimes.

Anyway, you vent, I vent, we all vent together.

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 01:04 AM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, I'm almost done here. I'll walk in May. I'm taking a micro right now in Adapted Physical Education. Next semester's classes aren't too bad...in fact I'm only taking 12 hours here at Wayland. The part that sucks is that I have to take an advanced human and mammalian physiology class at WTAMU, which is about an hour and a half from Wayland, and the course meets three times a week in the morning with afternoon labs.

Basically it works out to taking all my core classes on Tuesday and Thursday in Plainview and then taking my physiology class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Canyon.

Oh, and I'm also working two jobs and taking a correspondance course from Texas Tech at the same time.

Ah well, I've had worse semesters.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Wink

Believe it or not, when you're done all this hard work you'll look back at those schools days and remember them as some of the best days of your lives. You'll only remember the fun things you did and (luckily) forget all the rough times. It will make you a better person going through all those tough times. Trust me.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:18 AM   #7
88GT5.013.02

Yeah I have two semesters left in my Bachelors Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, including this one. They will be pretty rough semesters. This semester I have 17 credit hours. I am taking:

ECE457 Electronics 2
ECE460 Microcomputer Interfacing Design
ECE447 Control Systems 1
ECE448 Control Systems Lab
BE322 Probability and Statistics

My next semester gets a little easier with only 14 credit hours. Well good luck to all who are going into educational suicide this semester (j/k). Good luck this semester and try to still have a little bit of fun.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, ported GT-40 iron heads, Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, best run so far on ET streets is 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft Only been to the track once still alot more tuning to do and need more driving experience.(Full body weight GT, full tank of gas, and sway bars connected, gonna disconnect sway bars and dip

[This message has been edited by 88GT5.013.02 (edited 01-11-2001).]
Old 01-11-2001, 10:38 AM   #8
MercDude
Registered Member

I hear that! This semester i have english1c, history17b, art5a, and philosophy10... it's not TOO bad, but it's still bad! 9hard units and 7.5 hours of figure drawing a week... geez! what did i get myself into? Oh... i guess you might have guessed, this is towards my AA... only another year and i'm going to some dorm somewhere on CA coast... san diego? santa cruz? chico? SF? can't decide... davis? sac? i don't know... hard to decide... but it's all the same. Heading towards that magical MA in industrial psych... but I've got to take out about 20-30k in student loans. Yeah baby!! Poor as hell just to get higher education... that's sorta sad. How's this going to effect my ET expectations of my car?? need rear end, etc, etc, etc...

------------------
'63 Merc Meteor hardtop, warm 302, C4 auto, 2.25" Flowmaster Exhaust,
'65 289 heads - ported/chevy valves, performer cam, edelbrock f4a intake, full length hookers, 600 holley, roller rockers, k'n, 10.5:1 hyperutetic pistons... mid 13's hoping to reach into 12's
MercDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 01:12 PM   #9
cleangreenmachine

I've been there and know it's tough, but like 95mustanggt said it's well worth it. College is not the best place for instant gratification. In a lot of ways, it's like working on your Mustang. You don't always see the benefit immediately, but in time and with a lot of work you will end up with something to be proud of.

Hang in there and in a few years look back and marvel at how far you've come as a person. The hard work sucks at the time but will make you stronger and smarter.

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 01-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #10
MercDude
Registered Member

Wink

I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say, "thanks for the encouragement".
MercDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 04:51 PM   #11
cleangreenmachine

Hey MercDude no problem...

I love the Bay Area myself but if you're thinking of going to school there I might reconsider. It's getting tough to afford to live there, especially for a student.

I've lived in Sacramento for only about 4 months and love it. If you're ever in the area we should get together. Same goes for anyone else in northern CA. My car's pretty much stone stock at this point but I would love getting together to see your rides and shoot the sh$t with y'all.
Old 01-12-2001, 03:09 AM   #12
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Ewww that sucks... my school doesn't start till next Tuesday(Texas A&M). I should be a junior this year but i'm behind a little... some kind of computer science major, not sure yet.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 01:05 AM   #13
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

classes start Thursday here at MU so I am sure I will feel your pain soon...

BTW, anyone see us win in 4 overtimes against Iowa State today? great game...hopefully we will crack the top 25 soon!
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote