MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2001, 02:57 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post The Blue Demon(dakota rt)..RIP

Well, this guy was a prick sometimes and didnt care for mustangs much since he had a 86 gt and blew it up after like a week he lost care for fords. But still usually respected them. So he goes out and buys a 2000 Dakota R/T and spends like 21 Grand on the truck and another 25 grand on extras.
He posted his trucks here on mustangworks awhile back.
His username here is: One Bad R/T

Well this past saturday was prom time for him so he is all in his tux and starts his machine and backs it out of the garage and goes back inside to get his gf's flower thing and when he heres like a backfire and turns back around his truck is going up in flames. After he got back in the truck and got out is fire extinguisher and fought it for a minute himself he ran inside and called 911..by the time the firetrucks got there the demon was half gone and by the time they got the fire out the only thing left undamaged was the tailgate..The insurance came out Monday and said it was totalled. It brought a tear to my eye when I saw it sitting there all black and NOTHING of the interior was left besides the rails inside of the seat. They said the cause was electrical..Sorry for the length..

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 05-15-2001).]
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 03:29 PM   #2
89LXCarb
Registered Member

wow that sux that was a really nice truck. I wonder if insurance is gonna pay for all of the extras he put into it??

------------------
4 cyl converted to 302
comp cams cam, ported GT 40 heads, Edelbrock intake, holley carb
Turbo coupe rear with 373's
4 inch cowl hood
finally done after what seemed like forever!!!!!

89LXCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 03:36 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

The insurance said they will only give them what BB value is on it. Ouch..makes me want to get extended coverage on my stang. I would loose around 10 grand if they only gave me BB value..
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:10 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I feel for the situation, but If this is the same guy Im thinking of, he was kind of a prick. Was this the guy who created a whole profile here in User's rides for his R/T and just put down stangs throughout the description?

One thing I DEFINITELY believe in is that people get what's coming to them. Im sure this guy wasnt a bad guy generally, but in this sense, he was very disrespectful, and look what happened.

Anyway, sorry to hear about that, I do feel for the guy, but I also think it may have been coming for a while.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:55 PM   #5
Capri306

Quote:
You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.

--Kid Rock
I'm not saying he deserved to get his truck burned to the ground, but I know exactly what you're talking about, StoplightWarrior. As long as everything was insured, no living thing was hurt, and it wasn't a random act of violence against an innocent Mustang, I can't really get too uptight about it. Hell, must've been all those $20K worth of accessories he put on there that started it. I've put out literally dozens of cars & trucks with electrical accessory fires, granted they were small ones. Comes from not using or improper-valued fuses, bad grounds, or pinching wires. Anyhoo, hope the insurance comes through for him. Beating up that GT was probably the beginning of his problems, IMHO.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote