MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2002, 02:20 PM   #1
Heater
Registered Member

Angry Browie Yow Is A Crook

I had a wanted ad on the Classified boards for a set of high port headers, and this guy that I had met through a mutual friend responded that he had a set that he would sell me for $325. I sent him a good check thinking that because I had actually met him and thought that he would be honest. WRONG
He tried to pawn off on me a set of headers that wouldn't fit my heads, so when I found that out, I called him and asked him to return me my money. He sent a check 2 weeks later, and I cashed it and ordered me a new set of headers. The check came back to me from my bank the following week INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. Not only am I out the amount of $325, I'm also out a $25 service charge for the bounced check. I called him and he gave me the run around about he sent me a money order...that was before Christmas. I haven't recieved a thing from him.

He is still trying to sell a 408 Windsor with Canfield heads...I talked to the guy that built it and he said that Brownie was scared to spray it because it has cheap generic parts in it...BEWARE if he tries to sell you anything he is a LIAR and a CROOK.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

heck beat him with the headers, that's what i would do, what a scumbag i hate people who lie & steal.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thanks for the advice. Living in NC and all I'll keep an eye out.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #4
rbatson

Thanks for the heads up. Is it someone here in Wilmington?
Old 01-24-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I'd do the same as crazy horse gt. I'd take them back and throw them at him. Ripping off people isn't cool, thanks for the heads up.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:29 AM   #6
Heater
Registered Member

He used to crew with Bud Anderson, that's how I knew of him. He left town because he crooked so many people I guess. He lives in Mass. now so beware of him if you live there.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:53 AM   #7
rbatson

I figured that was the mutual friend. Sorry to hear that bro. What do those headers fit anyhow? Maybe you can recoup some of that money..
Old 01-25-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
Heater
Registered Member

Angry

That's just it, I never even received the headers. All I got was a rubber check with a $25 service charge. If I had got the headers, I would be at least be able to sell them to get back my money. I heard that he skipped town owing Holcomb almost a thousand dollars.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:59 PM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Damn...What a jerk.

I just started ordering from Holcomb motorsports. They got some good prices, and there only like a 35-45 minute drive away. To bad they aint open longer on Saturdays.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #10
rbatson

I'll tell you what you should do. Give Holcomb his number and address and let them get hold of him. Then I'd place an ad on the internet advertising something real cheap and give his phone number on that, the ad should have the phrase "Call between 12am and 6am" or "call anytime". I know its not getting you your money back but maybe it will make you feel better..