MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you've gone drag racing before get in here! TOP 50 LIST (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31996)

fiveohpatrol 12-07-2002 07:24 PM

ok i understand now:)

the PRI show was amazing. Billy Glidden's and Doug Mangrum's cars were there but I didnt see them in person. I did though see John Urist, Sam Mamolo, one of the editors of 5.0 mag (Houlahan I think), and a few others that I cant remember right now.

Got to see the new chain drive setup on Mangrum's Procharged car, thats one wicked setup!

The guys at NX's booth were great, even gave me a free bottle of their octane booster. I'm thinking of selling my dry kit completely, and starting over with their wet kit next year.

Ok, sorry to take over your post, I'll stop now:)

-drew

ultraflo 12-07-2002 10:46 PM

Nitrous Express is my nitrous company of choice, has been since '98... you know how I feel about their products. ;)

I wish I could get this dang list going... I think it'd be pretty cool. :cool:

Hold off on submitting info until we hear from Dan... not that my mailbox is overflowing with TOP 50 msg.'s or anything, lol.

-Ryan

12-08-2002 03:54 PM

I confess to reading only the first page of this thread, but I think it's a great idea!

I'll try to dig up my quickest timeslip and some pics...

ultraflo 12-09-2002 04:02 PM

ttt

Kamaro Killer 12-09-2002 05:49 PM

how about the top 1000?

I think I take the slowest 5.0 award here! This is an embarrassing slip, but here it is anyways. I'll try to get some better slips this weekend. I know this is one of the slowest times, but what the hell, I doubt 50 people will fill the list for awhile. I am the #60 car

http://forums.mustangworks.com/attac...&postid=222020

Take care, Keith

The Deuce 12-10-2002 12:17 AM

Re: how about the top 1000?

Quote:

Originally posted by Kamaro Killer
I think I take the slowest 5.0 award here! This is an embarrassing slip, but here it is anyways. I'll try to get some better slips this weekend. I know this is one of the slowest times, but what the hell, I doubt 50 people will fill the list for awhile. I am the #60 car

http://forums.mustangworks.com/attac...&postid=222020

I'm #59 on that slip. We'll be in Fontucky Saturday, look for better times!
Take care, Keith

ultraflo 12-10-2002 12:33 AM

Look for an "Unofficial TOP 50 List" thread in the next couple days, I'll get some more info together and post what I come up with guys...

Later,
-Ryan

Kamaro Killer 12-10-2002 02:37 PM

Mike,...

you're name is Mike, not Keith :D

The Deuce 12-11-2002 05:29 PM

Re: Mike,...

Quote:

Originally posted by Kamaro Killer
you're name is Mike, not Keith :D
I'm lost, I typed something about me being #59 on that slip, but I have no idea how the take care, Keith ended up on the bottom. You running the s/c or n/a Saturday. Not that it matters.;)

ultraflo 12-12-2002 02:30 AM

I just finished going through the User's Rides system tonight sifting through alot of BS as well as quite a few good entries... I decided to stop a 25 tonight, but still have more to go through and will post the results soon.... maybe.

Lots of 9 sec cars, not all of them are 'true' 9 sec rides though.... and I just started to get into the 10 sec category. Only one believeable high 8 sec. car at this point, btw.

I'm looking for an opinion on where I should go with this idea, as of now I'm only using a ET@MPH/username/vehicle type-year/cubic inch/weight/aspiration/tires ...not a whole lot of luck getting a tire listing out of every entry either, so I'm using what I have to work with. If I get some time tomorrow, I should have an "unofficial" TOP 50 list posted, hopefully...

It appears that the majority of cars with be 9/10/11 sec rides... I still have a few hundred users to look through... yee-haw!:rolleyes:

Later,
-Ryan

PKRWUD 12-12-2002 03:58 AM

What a trooper!

Go ahead and knock a second off your best time, for all your hard work!

;)

Take care,
~Chris

ultraflo 12-12-2002 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD
What a trooper!

Go ahead and knock a second off your best time, for all your hard work!

Hell, I might as well... seems there's alot of 9 sec cars in the User's Ride section that either don't list an ET or have never made a 9 sec. pass. :rolleyes:

ultraflo still sits comfortably in the 10.0-10.9 section, until I see that single digit timeslip, that's where it's going to stay, lol. ;)

Seriously though, I should have that taken care of, legitimately, before the end of next year... we'll see. :D

TOP 50 "unofficial" List - COMING SOON!!!! ..to a thread near YOU! :)

The Deuce 12-12-2002 01:31 PM

I think some people may have put their 1/8 mile time in there, not being smart enough to convert it to a 1/4 time.

ultraflo 12-12-2002 01:34 PM

LOL, yeah I found that to be the norm in the 6, 7, and 8 sec categories. :D

Eric4Nitrous 12-12-2002 02:17 PM

i wanna be a part of the 14 second club.

ultraflo 12-12-2002 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
i wanna be a part of the 14 second club.
Oh, but you are ;) ...you're a member of the 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 sec club, right? Right. :D

I'll put your arse on the TOP 50 list.... just send me your:
ET@MPH/username(got it)/vehicle type-year/cubic inch/weight/aspiration (how much nitrous)/tire size

and, viola!, you're in! :)

Dark_5.0 12-12-2002 02:32 PM

Your going off of the user rides to find the top 50.

That really takes alot of the credibility out of the list.

JMO,

ultraflo 12-12-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

That really takes alot of the credibility out of the list.
I agree with you... 100% ...there's alot of BS floating around in there. I've only received a few entries via email with timeslips and a picture to match. Maybe I could do a TOP 10 list, lol.:rolleyes:

I could, and probably should, just say phuck it all toghether! :)

Not real sure at this point...

Dark_5.0 12-12-2002 04:41 PM

I think the main problem is all the tracks are closed right now.

Everyones car is in a state of repair this time of year.

I know mine is,

302 LX Eric 12-12-2002 04:56 PM

Is there no honor anymore?

Can we just go by the honor system? I don't think you're gonna get that many pics with timeslips and the car this time of year - as Dark_5.0 said.

I mean, if we see any BS, we'll just call it out. I would say most of the frequent members here are pretty honest and we all seem to know each other pretty well. If some 'outsider' comes in with a hard to believe time then we could just ask for proof.

What do you guys think? Or, am I just too naive? :D

E