MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2001, 02:51 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Post football fans!

My high school varsty football team played Scottsbluff last Friday night. Scottsbluff is ranked Class B #1, and All Class #7 in Nebraska. They have been in the state championship the past 2 years, but lost both games. They were 7-0 going into our game.

My team, Sidney, is ranked like 983rd in Class B, hehe. We're 1-6, but I guarantee we would beat any other 1-6 team in the state. Out of our 9 games, 7 of the teams are ranked in the top 10 in the state. We killed the first team we played that wasn't ranked, and we play the other team that's not ranked this coming Thursday, they're 4-4.

ANYWAYS....back to our game against #1 Scottsbluff, at Scottsbluff. We were playing them pretty tough in the first half. It was 7-0 after the first quarter, and they scored again with about 1:30 left in the second. Our running back fumbled on our first play after the kick return. They scored from like 11 yards out as time ran out, and missed the PAT. It was 19-0 at half, and some things were good, some things were not.

We came out after half pumped. I scored on a 22 yard catch to make it 19-7. Then they scored again. Then at the beginning of the 4th quarter I scored on a 28 yard catch. They scored once again after that. The final score was 40-13. Their last touchdown was against our scrubs with like 18 seconds left in the game.

Without the 2 cheap touchdowns, the game should have been 26-13. But the one off the fumble before half and the one at the end against the 2nd teamers made it look a little worse.

Although we lost, we were pretty happy with our performance. We went into that game to compete, they're too awesome to say we're gonna go in and kick their butts.

I was also pleased because this was my 2nd game back after breaking my fibula in our first game of the season. I ended up having 6 catches for 74 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Sorry so long. Just thought I'd let some football fans know about a good game.

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads

Starting Project "2ND COMING": 1969 Fastback
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 04:50 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

good game, my grandson scored 4 touchdowns 2 weeks ago & damm they still lost, hhmm i call him al bundy now, who happen's to be my hero but it was great to see him hit the line 4 time's even if they lost ,he was disapointed but i told him ,hey you put in the effort.your team didnt. see ya.

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 09:56 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

there is nothing like a good football game. Sounds like u had a really good game for urself. I am quess u play tight end becuase i remember one time u said u where a big dude. I played tight end in high school and college. It was fun as hell espicaly in college. Girls love the football players.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 10:52 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I love football(not to mention baseball, racing, and a ton or other crap).

I played line backer, until I bent my left knee about 45 degrees the wrong way. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, at least I can still race

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap.
Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 11:04 PM   #5
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Talking

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!! I miss playing football so much. It is fun to watch, but nothing beats playing it. I even miss the two a day practices. Congrats on coming back from your injury and playing a great game. Cherish every moment out there on the field!
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 11:48 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I really like 2-a-days also, for some ******* reason. My freshman year I hated them, I wanted to quit, I weighed about 125 lbs and had to go full contact with guys that outweighed me by twice my bodyweight. That was torture. But it was well worth it. My sophomore year of 2-a-days wasn't very fun, but I liked it. I was competing with 2 seniors for the starting offense position ("X" receiver) and the starting cornerback position on defense. I ended up starting both ways my sophomore season.

I think that's what I am most proud of myself for. Being a starter on both sides of the ball as a sophomore on a Class B football team. And further, excelling at it. I was tied for the lead in the state (Class B) for interceptions and was in the top 20 receiving. I say I'm proud of it, but I hate being cocky or bragging about it. I don't have a big head and I will keep it that way, no matter what. I think being humble is one of the best things in the world. I never brag about my car (hehe, especially now, since it's a tad crunched), I don't brag about athletics, or anything else. I still have a 4.0 GPA too, the only person I brag to about that is my girlfriend, I just like to give her crap though. She takes it tough though. Hehe.

Thanks about the game guys.

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads

Starting Project "2ND COMING": 1969 Fastback

[This message has been edited by 6T9PONY (edited 10-22-2001).]
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote