MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-03-2002, 08:32 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default I'm in College!

lol Well today was my first day of College. I'm taking Computer Programming and Analysis. It's a 3 year program, I kinda wasn't a big fan of it but it's slowly growing on me I guess. It's just a hassle cause I live 45 minutes away from campus so I have a 45 minute drive for like an hour and a half class on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Ohh... well, atfirst I didn't know anybody but I made a few friends and knew one guy already. So I guess it could be worse, but man oh man there are all ugly girls at my school. lol I'm not materilistic but I need pretty girls to go threw college. lol I am on a computer campus so I guess I should of expected this. I seen like 1 good looking girl. The guy to girl ration is about 15 to 1. And no one ever speaks english, I'm not a racis person but everyone is speaking a language other then english. Kinda makes me mad, I feel out of place. One of my teachers couldn't even understand me, she was more lost then I was. lol I need to find another solution for this.... lol Ohh... well, also wanted to wish everyone luck with school as some may of already started or will be starting soon. Like to hear what others are taking or any other details they got. I'm learning more how to be an agressive driver cause I live in a fairly calm driving down and I have to go threw the city where people cut you off and stuff.

Anyway, abit of a vent and a story sinec I havn't been on in awhile.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:39 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool COOL!

Hey Sam,
dont get too discouraged!!!! It's only the first day! I bet theres a lot more better looking girls around there somewhere! It'll take time to get used to . That sucks about the language thing. Cant be a good thing when you cant understand your teacher! .....
Just be yourself, and you'll make friends very fast, I'm sure. I'm sure you will have some great stories coming for the next 3 years..Best of luck to ya...I"m sure you'll do fine!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Dude that really sucks. It is only the first day though. I am sure there are some hot girls around there somewhere. If not go to a 4 year regular college and live in the dorms. That is where all the parties and girls and beer and other things i can't metion on this site without catching tons of crap for it so i will keep my mought shut abou that.........awww the memories.

Well i hope everything goes well for you good luck
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:04 AM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Thats what you get for living in Canada (runs away)

haha well i just started taking General Education at the local community college. In 2 years I will transfer to a real University.
Definently not a problem in the good looking girls department But then again where in Southern California do you have that problem?

And about the different language problem just wait until you come here. You wont pass a day without hearing mexicans talking spanish

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:15 AM   #5
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Re: I'm in College!

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
lol Well today was my first day of College. I'm taking Computer Programming and Analysis. It's a 3 year program, I kinda wasn't a big fan of it but it's slowly growing on me I guess. It's just a hassle cause I live 45 minutes away from campus so I have a 45 minute drive for like an hour and a half class on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Ohh... well, atfirst I didn't know anybody but I made a few friends and knew one guy already. So I guess it could be worse, but man oh man there are all ugly girls at my school. lol I'm not materilistic but I need pretty girls to go threw college. lol I am on a computer campus so I guess I should of expected this. I seen like 1 good looking girl. The guy to girl ration is about 15 to 1. And no one ever speaks english, I'm not a racis person but everyone is speaking a language other then english. Kinda makes me mad, I feel out of place. One of my teachers couldn't even understand me, she was more lost then I was. lol I need to find another solution for this.... lol Ohh... well, also wanted to wish everyone luck with school as some may of already started or will be starting soon. Like to hear what others are taking or any other details they got. I'm learning more how to be an agressive driver cause I live in a fairly calm driving down and I have to go threw the city where people cut you off and stuff.

§am.

Did u join a school, or the military?!? Sounds more like the military.

Good luck man.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 05:32 AM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

LOL, sorry bud welcome to post secondary in Canada. Sucks, but welcome to the club.

Hang in there.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 07:01 AM   #7
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

It's ok, you'll get the hang of it. I started my 4th year at college 2 weeks ago. That's why I haven't been on the boards a lot lately Hopefully, I'll get settled in my schedule and make sometime for MW
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:16 AM   #8
1969Mach1

Thanks guys, yeh I don't mind it that much it's just the fact how I feel out of place not cause I'm new but cause who I am. Ohh... well. I have class from 3:20 to 5:05 today. I have to drive like 45 minutes - hour each way for that short of class and same thing tommorow but it's 8:00 to 9:45. Err... But they have a weight room and gym we can go into, an arcade and pool table aswell. So I will find something to keep me busy. If I still hate it after this year I'm going to think about changing colleges. Ohh... well I only have to put up with it for 3 more year.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 09-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #9
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Sam, there's more to life than hot women..lol what the hell am i saying?? I went to college just to look at the women.lol Have fun with it and don't goof off like i did..hehe. I bet they wouldn't even let me set foot on our college here..lol
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #10
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Just make sure to keep up on your studies. Sure that sounds easy, but trust me it isn't. I am in my 5th and final year of an Engineering degree and I still put things off way too long.

That language thing pisses me off. I had an english class my first year, and the person teaching it was chinese. WTF? She spoke okay english (better than most), but still, I can't remember one thing I learned in that class. I was already pretty good in the english department and all I wanted to do was get into the engineering stuff, but you have to jump through all of the general education hoops first.

Theres no girls here either. Ratio is 3:1, the wrong way, however, I did manage to find an awesome girlfriend and we are coming up on our 3 year anniversary. So anythings possible.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 10:18 AM   #11
jj_jonathon
Trisket

you poor canadian souls....get a student visa and study in the US...university of florida has over 20,000 females....i cant go anywhere without seeing a goodlooking person....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:28 AM   #12
1969Mach1

Yeh I know it's not all about woman but I was looking to atleast see some good looking girls. I just went to go see my buddy for lunch at my high school (he hasn't graduated yet) and it was depressing to see so many hot woman. Maybe I'll do better in school because there isn't as many hot woman, so I can concentrate abit more. Ohh... well.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 09-04-2002, 04:39 PM   #13
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Hey dude, I hope you enjoy college. I've going been now for a little over two semesters and still sucks. I just transferred to a new college this semester. I'm majoring in automotive service technology. Hopefully this crap will be over in two years.

Best of luck to you. You're going to need it.

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #14
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

That sucks with the girls. I know how that goes. I'm majoring in computer science and in all 4 cs classes there's a total of 2 girls, and they are not hot whatsoever. I like the Gen ed classes better, many more classmates of the female variety Our campus is 7 to 1 so I'm not complaining too much though. Gotta love those universities.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:55 PM   #15
Tony Frank
Registered Member

WHERE WE GO TO SCHOOL, to clear it up its 7 girls to every guy....

i love it here.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 06:48 AM   #16
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: I'm in College!

Quote:

§am.
Don't lie Sam You don't speak English, you speaka Canadian, or Canuckian in some circles

I never see white people in computer classes here either. Usually Indian and asian dudes
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:24 AM   #17
1969Mach1

Default Re: Re: I'm in College!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Don't lie Sam You don't speak English, you speaka Canadian, or Canuckian in some circles

I never see white people in computer classes here either. Usually Indian and asian dudes
What ya'll mean? lol American is it's own language. That isn't english at all. lol yeh it's horriable. I think I counted like 4 girls out of 35 guys in one of my classes. It's not the what I was expecting I guess. I was looking for atleast more females.

In my english class there are people that hardly even know english. Like they are still learning. My homework was to write 2 simple sentences.

The cat walked threw the dark alley.

Wow that is one of them. This is driving me crazy.
Well off to school for me....

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 09-06-2002, 10:11 AM   #18
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: Re: Re: I'm in College!

Quote:

The cat walked threw the dark alley.
But but...what's wrong with that sentence

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote