MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Angry Big Ten college football fans

I happen to be a Penn Stater, and I have noticed that at least one other person here goes or has gone to a big ten school. Have you heard of or seen the PSU football games and the worst refs ever? As I, and many Penn Staters, see it, they owes us at least one more win, if not two. That would put us up in the ranks of Ohio State, which has an a**kicking football team that makes the Big Ten Conference people proud. I hate football refs. I cannot believe the pain they have put me through! Well, I was just venting and wondering if Big Ten, or even college football fans in general, know of this crap. Haha, oh well, after a few hours of being pissed, I finally tell myself... it's just a game. ....

...or is it?

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

didn't go to school there......i've never even been there.......

but my mom is a HUGE penn state fan.......Blue & White Illustrated comes to her doorstep, watches all their games on pay-per-view.......

so i'm definitely aware of the ref situation.............surprisingly, joe pa has kinda lost his cool over it, too
Old 10-16-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

And another thing... I wish Miami lost last weekend.... man.. I was bummed about that too... silly field goal kickers... No offense to Miami fans... you've had it good for too long now

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:48 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

No comment....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:06 AM   #5
jj_jonathon
Trisket

ive got a buddy i graduated with down here that goes there, he seems rather bored a lot...

...and someone replaced our football team...the gators should be in the top ten (we're 26!)...i dont now what the hell is going on when we play...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:05 AM   #6
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Well, I'm a big fan of...well you can probably guess. Got my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a major in Accounting back in 1996.

I've only seen clips of the bad calls and of Joe Pa running after that ref. I think for a ~70 year old man he probably runs the 40 in the 4.8-4.9 range. hehehe Seriously though, the Big Ten officiating crews have had a melt down this year. But it goes back further than that: i.e. the Michigan vs. Illinois game a couple years ago when Michigan 'fumbled' like three times in the second half when in reality they only fumble once - or something like that. Anywho, they lost the game and should have won. Same thing with Penn State a couple weeks ago.

I guess there are two views to the whole situation:

1) What goes around, comes around / you win some, you lose some; and

2) Get instant replay at all Big-Ten games. Cost is somewhere b/t $90,000 - $100,000 per stadium, which is definitely affordable considering the money in the Big Ten.

What's interesting is that Lloyd Carr of Michigan is beginning to change his tune in this debate. For years he was against instant replay but just last week he was quoted in The Columbus Dispatch as saying something to the effect of 'the referee situation has deteriorated so much that we have to look at all available options, (including instant replay).' There is so much on the line these days with the whole BCS and other big money factors that maybe instant replay is the way to go.

One other factor that I would like to see is accountability. Make the officiating crews accountable to their calls (or lack thereof). They need to be evaluated on their performance - just as we all are in our daily jobs. If they blow a game winning call - bench them for a week without pay, or something. If you don't perform up to a certain standard, well then you're out.

I'm sure that being a referee or other member of the crew has got to be a tough job and that there will be mistakes, I guess the only question left to answer is how much are we willing to accept?

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #7
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: