MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #21
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Buying Domestic, Good or Bad

I'm not 100% sure exactly why Mustangworks has slowed down so much. I'm infrequently here (frequently in the past couple weeks, though)

My 5.0 is long gone replaced by an 02GT, replaced by a 96 Explorer.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #22
Mach 1
Registered Member

yeah, I sold mine for a 2000 mazda protege, replaced by a 2005 nissan altima, replaced by a 06 Titan.

Should have kept the stang, got rid of it for the ex-wife,and now shes gone and I wish I still had the car. Dam woman....
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #23
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Buying Domestic, Good or Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1

Wow, some things never change. Unit, Mr 5.0 and rbatson still going at it years later!
Debate is always fun (for me) and it's what keeps these 'open' forums interesting, in my opinion. I don't mind defending my views and I like dismantling arguments that I find specious, even better.

Quote:
Thought I would stop by. Man this place is dead! What happened? Everybody sell thier 5.0 for a 4 banger grocery getter?
It would seem that way. Nothing stands still and sooner or later, everything changes. I was a proud and satisfied Mustang 5.0 owner for a decade-and-a-half but eventually, the 'Stang became more trouble than it was worth to me and age was taking it's toll on the car, as it does on everything else. It was sold to a fairly mature Mustang-lover with the money to restore the car. He was thrilled to get it and, I trust, will take good care of it. I'm content with that. At least it didn't end up wrapped around a tree or with a blown engine or, worst of all, 'riced out' by some goofy kid with his baseball cap on backwards, with the driver's seat in full 'recline' position, trying way too hard to look 'kewl', just before he realizes how fast a six-second zero-to-sixty car can move and plows into something as he slams on the somewhat ineffective brakes...too late.

In any case, at this stage in my life I need a dependable, practical car and have little time, much less any need for doing 12 or 13-second quarter mile times. Been there, done that...for many years, in many different 'muscle' cars. It was great fun - but I've moved on, as we all do, eventually. However, I still admire a fast, well-balanced car , even if I don't plan to buy one and I will always remain a Mustang V-8 fan. I guess some things don't change, after all.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #24
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
It was sold to a fairly mature Mustang-lover with the money to restore the car. He was thrilled to get it and, I trust, will take good care of it. I'm content with that. At least it didn't end up wrapped around a tree or with a blown engine or, worst of all, 'riced out' by some goofy kid with his baseball cap on backwards, with the driver's seat in full 'recline' position, trying way too hard to look 'kewl', just before he realizes how fast a six-second zero-to-sixty car can move and plows into something as he slams on the somewhat ineffective brakes...too late
Wow, your a lucky man. I sold mine to almost exactly that kid you describe, and I still have nightmares about it. I wasnt getting much interest though, and he showed up with cash in hand. And I practically gave it away, (considering what I had done to it)making it even worse. He drove overight from Indiana to Georgia with some of his buddies in moms car, and then it was gone.....I miss her, usually you get over these things, but just the way I had it set up was perfect for me and it was a lot of work. And the kid had the money from insurance from totaling his Trans am, I can only hope my baby doesnt end up the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
However, I still admire a fast, well-balanced car , even if I don't plan to buy one and I will always remain a Mustang V-8 fan. I guess some things don't change, after all.
Amen to that! I lOVE the 05 body style. Something tells me a mustang will be in my future again, someday...
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: