MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-12-2002, 06:08 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Unhappy Bye Bye USA

Well I found out that I have to leave the good ol' USA and go back to Canada. The US government wants me to go.

I love my Country, but the winters suck and there is not a 1/10th as many cool cars. Plus I've made a few really good freinds down here.

I guess I'll have a chance to move down permenantly in anout a year or so (I don't actually have to leave until May). But that means I have to live through one more Canadian Winter.

Well I'll be Toronto bound so all I guess I can go kick some ricer *** in Ontario for a while

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Welcome back to Canada budd. Don't worry your not the only one stuck in the snowy cold weather. Actually we've been pretty lucky it's been a pretty warm summer with several days over 0. Right now it's fairly cold and about half a foot of snow on the ground but it'll probably be gone in a week or two. Where about's in Toronto will you be. I'm about 30 minutes north of Toronto maybe we can meet up sometime to steam cook some rice.

Take it Easy,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 06:52 PM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Question

Why are they sending you home? You haven't been here very long have you?
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

I'm betting his 1 year Visa is going to expire, one of my friend's who's a civil engineer in Seattle will be on his way back in may too. It took him 4 tries before he was able to get through immigration because of paperwork. Usually, to get a work visa for the US you have to tell them you're planning on going back to Canada at the end of the year, even if you don't want to.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

so they allow 30 mexicans to move into one house together, drive trucks with 12 people in the back and confuse people whereever they go because they dont speak english, but they wont let people that are actually clean, educated and speak well to live here?

now thats screwed up

sorry, just had to vent a little....
Old 02-13-2002, 12:25 AM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I totally agree 5oh...

Who else is gonna rescue me from clothes shopping with my wife?!

"No dear, you don't look fat in that...."
"Buy 3 for 5% off? Wow, What a steal!!..."
"You were right Hon, this wasn't a waste of a Saturday at all...."

{HELP!!!}

It ain't gonna be the same without a white GT to spank around anymore...(j/k) Heck, we only made it to the track once....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 01:34 AM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

so they allow 30 mexicans to move into one house together, drive trucks with 12 people in the back and confuse people whereever they go because they dont speak english, but they wont let people that are actually clean, educated and speak well to live here?

now thats screwed up

Dude you dont even know how bad that is here. I dont wanna make fun of mexicans but alot of them i cant stand. I know a few that have been in the US for a few generatinos but some of the other ones i cant stand. I especially dislike the ones who barely speak any english yet say how much better TJ (tijuana) is then San Diego. I am like WTF! A lot of you have probably never been there but let me tell you it is horrible. Everything is falling apart and the city is extremely poor. Unfortuanantely a lot of people my age go there to get drunk since the legal age is 18. But once you get further into Mexico it is very beutiful and fun. Especially Estero Beach where i went last summer. Well thats enough for tonite,

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:31 AM   #8
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

We've got jillions of illegals coming across our borders from Europe, Asia and the Rio Grande. You damn near have to learn several languages to buy something in a store anymore.

Our government has no idea in the world how many illegals are in our country. Thay are now in a panic because of their open border policy of the past. They just let anybody thru the gate and poof, they vanish into or society, never to be found.

Now, we have honest Canadians, clearly here for legal reasons, being sent home because their visa has expired. Don't they allow extensions? Where are the U.S. Government's prioritys anyway?

Great country, huh?
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:54 AM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Yep it is messed up. I'm a fully trained and educated Engineer, who pays all my taxes, and never speeds . I'm a good visitor too, you can ever ask Hammer.

But I came to the US on a 1 year training Visa and US immigration says that I have to be in Canada for 1 year before I can apply again .

On the bright side, I'm already working on getting back and when I do re-appply it will be for a 5 year Work Visa . Then I can rescue my buddy Hammer (from the Saturday shopping with the wife and new baby) and we can hit the track! Only that little white GT is not going to be so easy to spank once I get some money into it (I think I better get a blower too) .

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 05:32 PM   #10
Stangrrr
Registered Member

Hey, let me know when you'll be here in the big smoke (T.O.), & we can hook up. There's a few of us Mustangworks members around here. There's also a new Mustang club for the Greater Toronto Area called the GTAMC.

Can't a P. Eng. work in the States under NAFTA? I'll have to ask my brother. He was working down in Colorado for a few years.

GTAMC (website for the Mustang Club)

Ray.

Last edited by Stangrrr; 02-13-2002 at 05:40 PM..
Stangrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:14 PM   #11
PKRWUD

My bad.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:17 PM   #12
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0

now thats screwed up

Dude you dont even know how bad that is here. I dont wanna make fun of mexicans but alot of them i cant stand. I know a few that have been in the US for a few generatinos but some of the other ones i cant stand. I especially dislike the ones who barely speak any english yet say how much better TJ (tijuana) is then San Diego. I am like WTF! A lot of you have probably never been there but let me tell you it is horrible. Everything is falling apart and the city is extremely poor. Unfortuanantely a lot of people my age go there to get drunk since the legal age is 18. But once you get further into Mexico it is very beutiful and fun. Especially Estero Beach where i went last summer. Well thats enough for tonite,

Later
Dude, believe it or not, Iowa has the highest influx of illegal aliens from Mexico. Something about them feeling safer the farther they get from "home'. Where I live, in Ventura, there aren't that many coming from Mexico. Most are thanks to the fact that their families don't believe in birth control, and tend to have 8 or more kids per family once they're here. And they are legal if they are born here. Still isn't right, IMHO. Ventura is holding it's own because rent is fairly high, but across the river in Oxnard, it's kinda out of control. Still, if it wasn't for the "border brothers", strawberries would cost twice as much. They do take on hard jobs for little pay that none of my friends would take. Just something to think about.

95mustanggt-
If it makes you feel any better, I was "asked to leave" Australia for similar reasons. Well, okay, not that similar, but close. I wasn't able to get a working visa in the first place, but I had to support myself, right? When they discovered this, I was encouraged to leave.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-15-2002, 01:54 AM   #13
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

"Dude" are you mocking me PKRWUD? JK

Yea i know alot of the immigrants do very hard work in the fileds if california nad elsewhere. I respect thme but some of them just come here and waste our money IMO. I am not saying down with all Mexicans because that is wrong and i have many mexican/american friends.

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:24 AM   #14
PKRWUD

I agree with you totally. It's been my experience that the ones who are here illegally are the quiet, hard working, glad-to-do-back-breaking-work-for-crappy-pay Mexicans. It's their kids that tend to act like the world owes them a living, and who tend to create problems, as well as encourage the negative stereotype that many people have of Mexicans.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 02-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #15
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol

now thats screwed up

sorry, just had to vent a little....

Preach on. I agree.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 02:35 PM   #16
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
I agree with you totally. It's been my experience that the ones who are here illegally are the quiet, hard working, glad-to-do-back-breaking-work-for-crappy-pay Mexicans. It's their kids that tend to act like the world owes them a living, and who tend to create problems, as well as encourage the negative stereotype that many people have of Mexicans.

Take care,
-Chris
PKRWUD - You can preach on too. I can't stand it when children, Mexican or otherwise, think the world is owed to them for some reason. My dad has worked for a number of bosses that were the sons of the original founder of the company and every single one has been a spoiled brat that turned into an ***hole when they grew up. They never had to work for anything in life, and they don't have a lot of respect for people who do have to work hard to provide for their family. And in almost all of the cases, the dad who started the company was a great guy who would be fair and treat his employees with repspect.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:47 AM   #17
PKRWUD

It's hard for someone to truly respect anything that they didn't have to work for. That's why rich kids in their BMW's trash them, while some poor shmuck who served ice cream all summer, and cleans bathrooms on weekends, treats his beat-up Beatle like it was made of gold.

Don't get me wrong, if you, or anybody else wants to just plain give me something, I won't complain! But since that doesn't happen very often, I appreciate it when others respect the fact that everything I have means the world to me.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!