MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 03:22 PM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry Camaro Cop got me!

Why do all the camaro cops act like @$$ holes? I got a ticket off of Beechnut and the beltway in Houston from HPD for running a YELLOW light!!! What is up with that? Maybe he was afraid? Just wanted to vent about that...

Jodi
99 GT and 68 GT FB
Old 01-10-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Is that really what he said? Running a yellow? What a freakin' load of crap!

--nathan
Old 01-10-2001, 04:51 PM   #3
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

I swear on the love of mustang that he actually said that. >
Old 01-10-2001, 05:26 PM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

What did the write on the ticket? If he wrote running a yellow on the ticket you can probably get over really easy. Gotta watch out for the cops around the beltway, they like to hide where you can't see them until the last minute. ESPECIALLY on that bridge by town and country where the speed limit goes down to like 60, ALWAYS a cop sitting over the peak of the bridge.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
Old 01-10-2001, 06:34 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

You guys in Texas actualy have cops in camaros?!! Why in the hell do cops need camaros? I just dont think that thats tax money well spent. Hell I just might move to texas and join the pd just to get a car.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
Old 01-10-2001, 08:00 PM   #6
wd302
Registered Member

**** here in St. Mary's Co.(MD), 5 or 6 cops alone have 2000GT's. But here is the trick, since we have so much racing on the street going on here that they dont have light on top plus the "St. Mary's Co. Sherrifs Dept." is only written on the side and not on the back. Thats so when they are behind you at nightime or daytime, and you see a mustang behind you and you try to mess with it like I would, they pull you over and give you mad tickets. It really sucks dude.
Old 01-10-2001, 08:43 PM   #7
BLOCKER
Registered Member

About the yellow light ticket, I don't know what your laws are but here in albeta getting a ticket for running a yellow light is a valid ticket unless you can prove it was unpracticable for you to stop before you entered the intersection

------------------
88 Stang GT Cobra
Every option but leather
10 speaker 440 watt system
Blue/Grey with grey interior
K&N air filter, black outs, & no air

Old 01-10-2001, 11:29 PM   #8
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I've seen a constable around here driving a 93-95 z28, ha.ha.. he better upgrade to an ls1 if he wants to hang, and there is an unmarked cop in a small town outside sa, in a stang like mine, with the lights (cherries) inside the windshield.

Daaaamn, dps have ls1's now, good choice for top end though, my cousin lives in a small town, where one of the cops drives a 77-79 firebird formula on duty

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 14.20(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph 97.80
Best 60' 2.1
next mods: subframes, 3.73's

Old 01-11-2001, 12:59 AM   #9
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Exclamation

Here in indiana we have camaro cop's but now i've heard there getting (GULP!)LIGHTINGS man that sucks bad and yes all of the camaro cops are jerks just like there fellow ls1 brothers they think nothing can outrun them

------------------
86GT-MACcatback-89heads,intake,TB,KENNYBROWNsubs,3.73's,HURST shifter,much more to come
Old 01-11-2001, 10:04 PM   #10
Tim C
Registered Member

Here in North Carolina, the state highway patrol just bought 60 brand new Camero SS's. They're equipping them with roll cages and 5pt harnesses before they hit the road and the troopers have to take like a weeks worth of training sessions before THEY hit the road.

They are going to distribute them to the areas with the most high speed pursuit statistics. Like Raliegh/Durham, Research Triangle Park, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, etc.

The news is making a big deal about the powerful cars too and the safety equip. in them because like 2 days ago a trooper here in Fayetteville died when he lost control at 125 mph and hit a ditch, flipped several times before landing upside down and exploding. There was a trooper behind him who witnessed the whole thing, they were chasing a man in a Lexus.

------------------
99 35th Anniversary Edition GT (Scoop on the sides and the hood, billet aluminum shift knob, special floormats, special rims), Black and Silver leather interior, Mach 460 Sound, 5 speed, Flowmasters, K&N Filter, Steeda Triax Shifter (hopefully gears soon)
Old 01-11-2001, 11:15 PM   #11
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Angry

greeeeeat... more *** -holes

(sorry... I'm still pissed)
Old 01-12-2001, 03:48 AM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Here in MN a ticket cannot be issued for running a yellow light.

Yellow light means clear the intersection, according to the DOT. It doesn't mean caution, it does not mean prepare to stop, it means get your vehicle out of the intersection so that you don't block the right of way for other cars who will be getting a green.

If you are in the intersection when the light turns red, you are okay by the law.

Check your laws, what is written on the ticket. If it's actually running a yellow light and yellow means clear the intersection, then bust that cops *** in court. Make a circus side show out of the assfucker! He should know the god damn laws, and if he doesn't he needs a new frickin job!
Old 01-12-2001, 12:25 PM   #13
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

LOL Unit 5302! That's great!

Anyways... The girl I babysit, her dad is an HPD. So maybe I can get that ticket cleared now...

I still think i should of run... his camaro was an LT1... I woulda been gone before he even ran across the street to get in his slowmaro and chase me! plus he was fat so i dont think he could have ran too fast! ha!
Old 01-12-2001, 01:15 PM   #14
cleangreenmachine

Hey I can appreciate the way Mustang owners would feel about Camaro drivers, especially Camaro cops. But if the guy's an ***hole he'll still be an ***hole no matter what he's driving, be it a Camaro, Crown Vic, or Dodge Diplomat.

Cops are no different than the rest of us - some are nice and some are not. Those who write us tickets are easy to classify

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible

Old 01-12-2001, 01:26 PM   #15
PoNy FiV o
Registered Member

Got the same lowsy camaro cops here in NY, and unfortunately they never have anything to do. one of 'em got me for my friggen tint, whats the point? i don't think they do anything constructive...
later-
'94 GT
Old 01-12-2001, 01:47 PM   #16
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

I'm not sayin hes an ****** just because he drives a camaro or just because he is a cop. I have a lot of respect for cops... I wanted to be one for a loooong time too! The fact that I'm mad is because he wrote such a lame ticket... He should have given me one for speeding if anything!

As for that tint ticket... that is bull.

Jodi
Old 01-12-2001, 02:15 PM   #17
cleangreenmachine

You'd better watch out, Jodi. I hear the Houston cops have been ticketing drivers for runnin' green lights. They're saying it helps nip the red light problem in the bud

Sorry for the laugh at your expense but I couldn't resist...

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible

Old 01-12-2001, 04:16 PM   #18
99GT68GTFB
Registered Member

Talking

hardy har
Old 01-13-2001, 01:09 AM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

My friend, who's a senior majoring in criminal justice, and I both agree. The idea of spending 2.5 million dollars on new ultra high powered pursuit vehicles is a horrible idea.

Giving police, no matter how skilled, a car that is capable of well over 150mph with the specific idea of running cars down with speeds in the triple digits is a total disrespect for life on the roads. One week of training? Pfffttt... It takes us years to perfect, or at least get very good at driving our cars to the limit... one week is a recipe for death.

Has anyone here ever driven their Mustang at say 140mph coming up on traffic? If you have then you know exactly how long it takes to catch the cars in front of you. Too quick, if you even see another car you have to begin slowing down.

There is no reason that an officer can use to justify speeds in excess of 100mph in order to catch a fleeing suspect without that suspect being a known "armed and dangerous" criminal. Controlling a car in those kinds of speeds becomes nearly impossible, and inherently unsafe when pursuing a suspect in traffic. Chances are the violator is fleeing while taking extreme risks, close calls where he judges openings will close before the pursuing vehicle can get to the spot. The arrogance to think that an officer will be able to outthink, outdrive, and outrun a crazed suspect is unbelievable. The Camaro SS is capable of nearly 170mph, with an added lightbar, it may be restricted to 160. The Crown Vic with a lightbar cannot exceed 120mph on average, perhaps the only pursuit vehicle you can find capable of doing 135 is the Caprice.

I wonder how many innocent people will die in NC before the testosterone crazed Hiway Patrol there will cancel that program. Unreal, the person in charge of creating this program should be prosecuted under manslaughter for every vicitm of an officer losing control in a high speed pursuit and killing himself, the suspect, or an innocent bystander. The officer should also be prosecuted in the instance of a death resulting from such a course of action. If you want to catch the fleeing suspects, for 2.5 million you can put another chopper in the air, easy.

This program goes against nearly ever single study and department policy I've ever heard of, and it's certain to give the police horrible relations in the public eye.
Old 01-13-2001, 07:57 AM   #20
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Now Atlanta has $$$ to burn! There are cops here in new( and i meen brand spanking, off the showroom floor, new):

Lexus'
Camaros
Mercedes'
And many more. These guys are a$$ holes!

Light Em Up!!!
Closed Thread