View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 01:51 AM   #1
silverv6
Registered Member

Angry Can somebody tell me who I can contact about my situation?

About 1 1/2 months ago I took my Stang to the dealer because the headlight bulbs burned and melted my headlight sockets (the bulbs were factory). I took it to the dealer because it had 38,354 miles on it and my warranty expired at 36,000 miles.

When I took it to the dealer I had replaced the bulbs with some Sylvania 'Cool Blue' bulbs. You can buy these at Kragen or Auto Zone. Well, they eventually fixed it; they installed new headlight sockets but they left in the Sylvania bulbs that I bought at AutoZone. They said that the bulbs were the right kind and they didn't needed to replace them.

Last week my two headlight bulbs burned out again and melted my headlight sockets!

Well, yesterday I took my Stang to the dealer where I bought it and today they told me I melted my sockets because I had 'blue' light bulbs on. I argued with the guy and told him that the bulbs that it had in it were the same ones it had when I brought it in the last time. The guy argued "No, no, we gave you your car back the last time with Ford factory bulbs". I told him 'no' and I said "You told me last time that the bulbs that it had were O.K. and didn't need to be replaced".

He still argued that it had factory bulbs and that I put blue bulbs on it and that those 'new' bulbs had a higher wattage and melted the sockets. I told him "Let me see the bulbs" and he said "There still on the car". I opened it up and saw the bulbs and I told him "These are the same ones I had last time and you told me they were O.K". And (again) he kept saying "No". So I slammed my hood and left.

There were other people around and they were hearing our discussion. Later I went to AutoZone (where I bought my Sylvania bulbs) and I told the guy about my problem: that Ford was blamimg the 'Cool Blue' bulbs that I had bought there and installed on the 'Stang.

The guy at AutoZone looked up the bulbs and he said; "These bulbs are the same size (9007) and wattage (66/55) as the factory bulbs". And then he said and "These aren't 'blue light' bulbs, there regular - with the white beam". Then he said that the problem is that there is something wrong with my wiring - or that when they fixed my headlight sockets they probably wired it wrong. He said there is no problem with the bulbs and they aren't a higher wattage. There the same as 'factory' bulbs from Ford.

I asked the guy if there is a way I can contact Sylvania (the bulb company) or something because I really don't think its fair that now the Ford dealership is backing away and not wanting to fix something that they had fixed before and now they are blaming me for the bulbs that it has - which they left in the car the first time and told me "These bulbs are OK".

On my first visit to the dealership I ended up paying $192. Now they want another $192 to fix it cuz they are saying that the warranty on the labor of fixing the headlights is void because I had the 'blue' light bulbs. I DIDN'T! I had their regular bulbs (white); the bulb looks blue - but its not.

Can someone tell me what can I do? I really need some headlights in my car but I'm not gonna pay $192 for a job that probably wasn't well done in the first place.

The bulbs are "Sylvania CoolBlue" 9007 65/55 watts. Their the same as a Ford bulb 9007 65/55 watts and both of them produce a white beam, NOT blue.

I really need some headlights! I'm driving with my fog lights since last week.

Please tell me what can I do because they now say my warranty on the hradlight socket labor is void.

True dual exhaust: two 2 chamber Flowmasters
18"wire wheels <100spoke> on lowprofile tires

Waiting for MAC cai and BBK throttle body

Last edited by silverv6; 01-09-2002 at 01:59 AM..
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote