MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Car Insurance need help (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49327)

Carla 01-10-2007 02:22 AM

Car Insurance need help

Helo, ok, so since i have moved i need to get a new car insurance provider, cause my current insurance company wants to jump $500 since i moved from NC to Chicago.
anyway, who ya'll got for car insurance? are they reasonably priced for a 6-month period?
i've done those comparisons on the web, i have checked some quotes from www.oneshopinsurance.com. yeah its cool but i would like to hear what's good from other forum members.kindly share your experience and ideas.

thanks in advance
Carla :)

Mr 5 0 01-10-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Car Insurance need help

Carla:

Auto insurance rates are based on a lot of variables. They include your geographic location; city, suburbs or rural area...and guess which has the lowest rates? Obviously, tickets and accidents count against you and your age is a factor too, but only if you are under 25 or over 75 (the worst age brackets for accidents). How far you drive to work each day, how many miles per year you drive and of course, what you drive are all part of the final price. Moving to an urban area such as Chicago will undoubtly cause your auto insurance rates to rise, somewhat. That is based on the fact that now you are living in a more heavily populated area than you were before, with more vehicles on the road around you, so the risk of you having an accident has risen proportionately. Insurance companies charge more when their risk is higher, be it from your annual mileage, your car type (a Mustang V-8 costs more to insure than a Honda Civic) your location, your age or whatever. It can be complicated.

I have The Hartford as my home and auto insurance company but there are lots of auto insurers out there to choose from. However, some of the smaller companies may have shoddy customer service following an accident so beware of trading a slightly lower quote for a major hassle if your car is wrecked or stolen someday.

Carla, for your own protection, don't lie about your annual mileage or other important information an insurance company will need to have to issue an accurate quote (and a policy) as that is considered fraud. If you are ever caught, they can negate their insurance coverage on you and/or your vehicle, which would be a major problem if you were trying to collect for an accident. Not worth the risk. I only mention this as a precaution as some folks will do almost anything to get a lower rate. I know, I used to sell auto insurance. :)

Good luck with your quest for a good rate quote. Let us know how you do.

Carla 01-10-2007 09:50 PM

Thanks for sharing Mr 5 0, yah you're right about that,
I have checked from the site, the Hartford is in the site too, they offer good quotes, its cool, any other suggestions guys?
I am comparing prices from many source before choosing whats best for me,

Yeah I let you know, thanks

USMC302 01-11-2007 02:48 PM

If you are or ever were in the military, go with USAA. They CANNOT be beat.

Carla 01-11-2007 09:22 PM

yah I have also checked USAA, sad to say Im not in military an so as my relatives, :(

Stang_Gang 01-12-2007 07:11 AM

check out my myspace. www.myspace.com/micheal_mullins send a message to misty (my wife) 1st on my friends list she is an insurance agent and can answer any questions