View Single Post
Old 05-12-2002, 06:44 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I work in COLI, and I happen to know one of the people who worked on the Wal Mart case before leaving that company.

There was negative consent, which means no consent was needed, but a selection of no would allow the people not to have it. In all realism, who's going to turn down 5-10k of free insurance? There is no reason to turn it down. Almost nobody ever selected not to have it. Since my collegue has seen cases in which a no was selected, I can only assume that she wasn't there in the later years (which I think she was there only in the later years) or your paper is hopping onto the bandwagon and skewing the facts. Of that, I have no doubt. Papers and newsmedia are frothing at the mouth for this kind of junk.

12th now, huh? Hehe, Ventura must be doing well for us. I hadn't checked the data in a couple of years, and it looks like we're slacking.

We do have our wealthy land/home owner situation too. Minnesota's northern area's offer excellent fishing, gaming, and recreational activities. Along with excellent scenery and privacy. Small northern Minnesota towns have thus come under a fire of weathly elites moving into the area and sending property values skyrocketing. It has forced many out of the houses and land they have owned for generations. Minneapolis and St. Paul combine for about 700,000 people, and after that, most of Minnesota is under 100,000 people by far. Our total population is about 5,000,000.

To give you an idea of how asinine the Met Council is, they require all suburbs of the twin cities to have bus service. One of them, Prior Lake, has only 2 people that ride the bus. It costs over a million dollars a year to offer it. If they don't comply, they will not receive any taxes back from the state. It's total blackmail.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote