MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Chicks and Fox bodies

Hey guys,

Iv noticed alot of girls look at the fox body stangs and snub there noses at it. They say they are short and ugly, Yet i look at it and see performance and beauty... i dont know, although i recall one girl i was messing with and she hated me racing and me driving fast... she called my ride danty.... i responded yep danty as in light, the lighter the car the faster it goes... she didnt like that at all.... so why the hell is it that the girls go to the ricers when it comes to the fox bodies.. or is this only in oklahoma.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:58 AM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: Chicks and Fox bodies

they dont care how fast the car goes ..its all image man - i personally love the fox bodies minus the interior.
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 AM   #3
Capri306

Keep in mind (and remember I'm speaking in generalities) they only see the car as a car, and usually don't have the appreciation we do for the mechanics of the Fox bodies.

It's why a lot of them like the ricer cars: they're shiny and loud.

We know the truth: they're slow and mostly plastic, and almost all of those "modifications" on it do nothing for performance.

If some chick wants to judge me by my wheels, she can go find another ride, if ya know what I mean. Besides, what Mustang guy wants to hook up with a girl that doesn't know her cars?

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Exactly, i left a girl when i was 16 because she said my 68 fastback was ugly.... just some times disapointing when there is a girl in a tight pair of jeans and she walks over to a honda.... gotta love when you drive by and tell him cute care.. his look alone is priceless.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #5
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

ive had my '68 called "cute" before - needless to say i was upset
Old 04-08-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Better cute then "wtf is that its ugly" we wernt togeather long after taht
Old 04-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

LOL true ..true
Old 04-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #8
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlideGT
Better cute then "wtf is that its ugly" we wernt togeather long after taht
Ever see "Jeffery"?:
*Waves hand* "Leave this house."

Mine wasn't big in cars originally, but she's learned...When we went to look at the '66, it came rumbling out of the peoples back yard, she grabbed my arm, and goes "me like "

The best time was when these yutz's in a 4 door honda tried me at a light. I figured WTF, and spanked them through second. After I came off it, I looked at her, waiting for the "guy/penis/immaturity" chiding, and she just turned and (apparently reading what I was thinking) goes "those ***** deserved it."
You go Girl!
I know shes spanked a couple of folks since she started driving the 93 too, LOL, but she downplays the times she's "had" to get on it.

Theyre out there, you just might have to hunt for/teach the right one<g>. And if she already loves games like road rash, you've already got a potential winner

J

*Edit* And Capri: You can't imagine how much it warmed my heart the day we were watching some "lexus" type commercial.They were braggin about whatever it was's HP. She didnt even look at me, but says to herself, "yeah, but at what RPM?"
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
StrokedStang
Registered Member

Girls who love cars are GREAT!!! But the majority of them in my experience aren't really interested in cars in general.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #10
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Kilt... keep her, you lucky dog you. Yet i am stuck with girls down here whom are like "whats a transmission" i know this cause i just got off the phone with one and she was asking me what it was.... i swear.... anyways. I'm thinking about selling the stang to go to whyo Tech....
Old 04-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #11
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Thanks, I intend too

"Whats a transmissoin?"
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #12
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

I just woke up... trying to gather my bearings... anyways i found a girl who likes stangs, think i will lock her in a box or cage.. so she cant get away, and kilt... send the tail lights!! lol
Old 04-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #13
4barrel
Mustang Rookie

Here in East Kentucky, the girlies love a v8 Mustang. They don't look down on the other Mustangs, they just love that rumble...specially the Fox bodied cars.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/822269

4barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #14
bmxmon
Registered Member

Most people up here dont know that fox's are mustangs, they just say, "that ugly thing is a mustang??!" I used to think that too, sadly, but i have warmed up to them alot, and want one now, but my 65 is taking all my money..... I had a girl tell me that my car was a girls car, that was depressing...
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Arkansas is a mustang heaven.... oklahoma is camaro shit... and i hate it.. o well just more to out run. I used to hate fox bodies, little did i realize how high performance the little buggers are, i bought a wrecked lx 5.0 and a t-top and mass aired it there amazing, i wouldnt trade it unless it was a 93 stang im in love.. lol the girls hate them though...
Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #16
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Last year our Mustang Club helped sell raffle tickets for a 1993 Bright Yellow LX Convertible for the East Texas Crisis Center. I heard a lot of that, and this one was a mint convertible!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #17
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

yea... girls cant live with them.... wait... just dont live with them.... continue every thing else..
Old 04-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I have noticed that many girls do not like "most" fox bodies as much as some other years of the Mustang. That being said, find a girl that doesn't like a nice GT vert with a couple appearance mods.

Many fox body coupes rolling around in primer gray just aren't going to turn heads as I don't think the sound of dumps and the "fresh outta the junkyard" look does as much for girls as it does for guys. Most intelligent guys see an old fox body that sounds mean and looks a little rough, and they think, hmmm wonder if this guy has spent his money under the hood rather than on the metal?

I can respect a rough looking ride that has some investment under the hood. I just don't think girls are, in general, as interested in what kind of heads the car has vs what kind of paint job the car has. Just for the record, I respect the Mustangs that have work under the hood on the metal or are just plain stock.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #19
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

You have a point... To day a girl looked at my ride when i was at the hypo shop and said "thats a real nice stang" i said thanks.... why couldnt she have been hot.. .grr
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 AM   #20
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Chicks and Fox bodies

I agree that most girls are not 'into' Fox-bodied Mustangs or high performance car, in general. To most of them, a car is just transportation. That's why you see a lot of girls driving Honda Civics, Mitsubishi Spyders, Volvo convertibles and the like. The 'retro' look of a car like my '90 Mustang LX hatch doesn't do much for them. Even my loving wife, who has driven the 'Stang many times over the years, still calls it 'Bossy' - meaning that it feels like it wants to get away from her any second. "Too much power" (it's near-stock!). 'Hard to drive". Go figure.

So, the bottom line here is and remains that a Fox-bodied Mustang V-8 is always going to be mostly a 'guys car' and you can't expect too many potential girlfriends to be impressed with yours - or to appreciate it as you do. Then again, any guy who buys a car just because girls may like it, even if it's a slow piece of you-know-what, probably shouldn't even be messing with girls in the first place, if you get my drift