MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #21
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: Chicks and Fox bodies

The faster I go, the louder she screams!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #22
jwboner
Registered Member

I don't know about girls' attraction towards the 5.0 but they seem to like my 65 alright. And it needs a paint job. I get "ooh I like your car...can I drive it" a lot. Um, thanks, and hell no! And I hear a lot of stories from guys about how they used to have a car just like mine. But all I hear is blah,blah,blah...I don't have it anymore. Bottom line is, who cares what people think about your car. It's yours, bought by you, for you to enjoy. And if they don't like it, they better not get stopped at a light next to me.
65 fastback 347 DFI injected w/vic jr, TFS heads, MSD, cable clutch TKO, 3.70 9", tc subframe conns, custom traction bars, griffen alum radiator, armored fuel cell, and torq thrust D's Retrofitted Prelude seats. Vintage Air underdash kit. Fiberglass here and there too
More on the way all the time.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:28 AM   #23
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwboner
Bottom line is, who cares what people think about your car. It's yours, bought by you, for you to enjoy. And if they don't like it, they better not get stopped at a light next to me.
Great point man. Where I'm from all the chicks are interested in big jacked up trucks mostly, some are into rice though. My g/f likes mustangs but doesnt really like mine that much and she makes fun of me b/c of my passion for it. but all she knows about cars is gas tank, gas pedal and radio. (she drives a hyundai) damn the luck! Ive had a few girls wanna drive my car but i think mostly b/c they wanna drive a stick. Well that's all I got to say about that.
nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #24
chatcher
Registered Member

i met my wife because she liked my 91 gt but it was 1992 and around here hondas were motorcycles and none of us cared that they made cars now she wont even ride in the current stang (a 92lx) so go figure she has gotten to use to the way our suv drives still i wouldnt base a relationship on vehicle prefrence or ownership and enjoy being young single and kid free for as long as you can its a lot easier to spend your money on your stang if there isnt a women in the picture
Old 04-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #25
69fastback
IRAQ VET

This is funny to me becuase my wife likes the fox bodys and I don't really like them all that much. I still bought her one though. I always say that it is here car I won't claim it. Know it looks like I am going to be buying here an 05 vert cuz she like those and the 91 GT will be going on the show circuit with my CJ. (wich will always be the fastest car in the stable).
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #26
CupCake
Registered Member

Cool Re: Chicks and Fox bodies

Yeah I don't know what is wrong with chicks, they all like those ricers with the snowplow at the front. The worst thing is that they all sound like a mad bumble bee, it is just funny.

But I understand the concept of "I just had to do it" there is a lot of times that you just have to race people, specially if they are other girls driving crappy cars. I guess we are just like that.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:43 PM   #27
COORS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlideGT
Hey guys,

Iv noticed alot of girls look at the fox body stangs and snub there noses at it. They say they are short and ugly, Yet i look at it and see performance and beauty... i dont know, although i recall one girl i was messing with and she hated me racing and me driving fast... she called my ride danty.... i responded yep danty as in light, the lighter the car the faster it goes... she didnt like that at all.... so why the hell is it that the girls go to the ricers when it comes to the fox bodies.. or is this only in oklahoma.
naw i work with a girl that would rather drive a fox body than a sweet looking 66 shelby clone............go figure.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #28
4barrel
Mustang Rookie

Off topic, but I'm a Coors original drinker too. 8 )

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/822269

4barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:04 AM   #29
COORS
Registered Member

were a dying breed 4barrel.......seems like most people are into that diet beer crap

as far as the rest of ya when ya find a girl that likes cars......MARRY THEM!!!!
Your hobby will never go on the back burner :P
Old 04-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #30
stacy's stang
Registered Member

Okay guys, I'll explain it to you... (As a "chick" who does appreciate what's under the hood)...The Fox bodies are too square. I like curves and smooth lines... they are sexier. Why do you think so many girls like vettes? The curves man, the curves! Men want to show off their "big engine", chicks like to show off their curves.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:18 AM   #31
4barrel
Mustang Rookie

Coors, me and a drinking buddy were shooting the bull one night and drinking good, cold Coors Original when he explains to me the difference in Coors and everything else. Everything else is made of junk and preservatives that keeps it from expiring. Ever notice how Coors Original beer has a low shelf life compared to the other stuff that has a long expiration date? He said it was because the Original is made from more natural ingredients that cause it to go bad faster, BUT won't leave you hung over the next day. I don't know about you, but I've did some "experimenting" and he's right. Coors don't give me a hangover when the other junk kills me out. Maybe he's just full of crap, but I take what he said as the truth...hehe.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #32
COORS
Registered Member

i never noticed the short shelf life but i did notice the no hang over the next morning
and stacy how dare you mention the V word here :P
Old 04-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #33
stacy's stang
Registered Member

Sorry man, I was raised on "v"s and speed boats with "v" engines in them by my brother, so they have a soft place in my heart. He also takes me for rides on his Harley so I appreciate all forms of speed and power.

BUT, mustangs are my new love because they are so versatile and I have had more fun since I got this car!!! Mustang people are awesome! Not snooty, fun to talk to, and just a different breed altogether.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #34
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I agree, Mustang people are the nicest you will meet. Young ones, old ones, guys, girls, they are all nice people to hang out with. I like all Mustangs, never been a Fox body lover, but I respect the Fox body cars because they brought the Mustang back into performance and kept the Mustang selling after the 74-78 Mustang II cars. I prefer the 94-98 for curves, and I love the 99-04, they are the performance Mustangs and women love them too. The 2005 is a winner too, I see as many girls/women driving them as men. There is a Mustang for everybody

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 AM   #35
TXinPA
Registered Member

I haven't been by here in a while. Good thing I droped in. It seems like I may be one of those rare fox body loving chicks. It's what I feel most comfortable in. Clean paralell lines, lightweight, cheap to mod... what's not to love?

TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #36
Stangette
Registered Member

Strokedstang - as hard as it is to believe - yes - we are rare - but we are out there!
I gew up in a mechanic family and all i seen and heard was cars - trannies - v8s and alternators! - And i am currently in love with my new 05 stang GT Redfire!

4barrel - Foxy stang chicks Looove the rumble!!!

Stangette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:01 PM   #37
4barrel
Mustang Rookie

Stangette, I love foxy chicks that love the rumble.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:20 PM   #38
84LX89GT
Mustangs

When i bought my LX my girlfriend just had a sour look on her face and said "it'll look better with nice paint" and "it just looks old", which i don't blame her. I see a blank canvas of inexpensive power, she sees the paint....which paint doesn't make a car go any faster (it's not bad, it's just chipped/original). She is into the ricer garbage because "they're pretty!". I had a friend who had a Volkswagen Jetta that i called "cute" all the time, now he bought an Acura RSX for $20,000. I can't wait to spank him with my budget stang.
There's just something that gives me a special feeling about the sound of a loud, rumbling V8 car and the scream at wide open throttle , i don't see anything savory about a high pitched lawnmower engine

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #39
Stangette
Registered Member

go get 'EM!
Stangette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #40
mustanglover
Registered Member

As a girl, I feel I should say something to this. Ricers are increadibly dumb. They are a total waste of money and shouldn't be allowed on roads because of all the annoying, useless noise they make. Fastbacks are not my favorite body types, I lean more toward coupes. But, hey, I appreciate why a fastback is 'better' and if I was facing the choice between a coupe and a fastback I would go for the fastback.

All of this opinion has been formed over the last year and a half that I've been with my BF, Matt (mattgoveiagt on here). So, yeah I used to be totally clueless about cars. I never liked ricers because they were just annoying, but I also didn't appreciate anything about cars besides looks. So, don't give up on us "Stupid Girls"...we can appreciate if given the chance. :P
mustanglover is offline   Reply With Quote