MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2001, 05:40 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry Cincinnati Composites pissed me off today (I need quick help, please).

---if you don't wanna read all the details, please just answer the questions below. Thanks.---

Man, they gotta get someone who has some social skills to answer the phone. The reason I am writing this is to for the last time, verify the credibility of CC.

Today, I try the WHOLE ******* day to contact CC so I could purchase a 4" cowl induction hood ('79). I made at least 20 separate calls throughout the whole day and could not get through (kept getting the stupid answering machine that said everybody was busy-- DOING WHAT?!!).

If that wasn't bad enough, when I finally get through at ~4:30 (EST), I get this cold, indifferent woman on the phone, who sounds like she didn't want to talk to me at all. Like she was annoyed with me and didn't want to answer my stupid questions-- not friendly at all.
SORRY, but the way I am, I want to make SURE I know what I'm getting b4 I give them my $$.

I really felt uncomfortable talking to her and became frustrated and almost angry. I had my credit card in my hand ready to make my order, but decided, "Screw it, I'll call back tomorrow". I told her, "Mam, I've been trying to call the whole day and only just now could get through, is there a better time during the day I can call tomorrow cause I'll order it tomorrow." She says, whatever time is okay (like she was just bored as heck with me, as if she really wanted to get off the phone and go to sleep), yeah I hope it is not as "okay" as it was today.

If I get that same woman again tomorrow, I will ask to speak with someone else. If that doesn't work, I will ask her all the same questions again tomorrow.

1) What I need to know is if this has happened to anyone else or if you have always been treated well by someone at CC who is friendly to the customers?

2) The quality of their hoods is good, right? Do they get the orders right the first time? You receive your order in a week or less?

3) The partial inner hoods are completely bolt on right? and there is nothing wrong with having a partial inner hood? It would actually be lighter than the full inner, but just as durable, correct?

I guarantee you, I am not a overly-sensitive person, this just didn't feel right, really. I won't be as nice tomorrow as I was today if the same thing happens again.

Thanks for helping me out here.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote