MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2001, 08:08 PM   #1
mystic96
Registered Member

Angry Cobra haters & Late model F-body owners ... attention

I came to this site was because of the ignorant statement that some one had written. People who rag on cobras need to understand that the two and four valve cammers are here to stay and that there have been vast improvements in performance on these wonderful engines. I understand all of you idiots though.... really I do. People have always been intimidated by things that they are too stupid to understand. I give a shot out to all you slomaro/fireturd owners you keep on spending $20k to run 11 sec. ets your cars suck, they are not selling and thats the reason their time has come. (I cannot say I'm not glad to see them go.) The orange '00 model SS from S.A.M. is one the fastest in the country and it does not break 10's. There are daily driven (30+miles daily) 4.6L cobras in my Houston area running faster than that and the fastest 4.6L cobra in the country runs 7.31@179. If any of you people have anything else to say after reading this send me an e-mail with your complaint and I'll either read it or delete it and dismiss it as idiocy.
mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 08:32 PM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I have to agree that the 4v cobras run faster than the 14.0 flat posted in the above topic. My friend went 13.0 in his with just boltons(4:10's,xpipe,flows,tb,some suspension work). These motors REALLY haul a$$ when you throw a vortech on them too(That lx that Lidio has with a 4v and a vortech in it running 9's is SWEET!). I would love to have a cobra for a daily driver but unfortanetly I can't afford it.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 08:34 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

wow dude slow down are u sure u have the right sight. I haven't been here very long but i haven't seen any posts where people say bad things about cobras. In fact the only time people say things about mustangs on here are if they are riced out. \
On the other hand most people on this site are very smart and helpful people. I don't know why u would come to this site and start fights that is being very stupid if u ask me.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 08:55 PM   #4
T_Bone
Registered Member

Talking

er...damn...

Welcome to the board! heh

------------------
T-Bones 1997 Cobra
Wht/blk, Pro 5.0,FRPP 4.10's, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP throttle body, C&L 80mm MAF, K&N, Steeda U/D pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, Flowmasters, s/f connectors, FRPP pro springs, BBK caster/cambers.
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 08:59 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Yeah, Im with you 69fastback, this post seemed to come out of nowhere. Ive been consistently reading over the posts here since June, and I can't remember anyone putting down cobras. Furthermore, not many of the regulars here even put down the F-bodies. For the most part, those who visit this site respect all types of cars. If they are fast, it doesnt matter what their engine is. Anyway, chill out and kjust enjoy your car.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 09:07 PM   #6
Rev
Registered Member

Maybe Mystic is just coming down off a really bad one from the night before. Hopefully, he just needs time to heal.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 09:41 PM   #7
LS1JAY
Registered Member

Hey guys,I'm a newbie here and as you can see in my sig, I drive a LS1, but I'm not here to start any crap though! I sure as heck never said anything bad about any Cobra! and don't know why this guy is putting down F-Body's! some of my best buddy's have Mustangs, Buicks, Etc, I respect any fast car and also know that you can make anything fast with enough $$$ that's what it's all about, the more mods you got the faster you go as an average!!
LS1JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 10:40 PM   #8
cobrayankee
Registered Member

I've yet to see anyone "thrashing" on the Cobras. Even if they did, you came off the same way Mystic. Take it easy. The only idiots are the ones who talk the way you have been right from the start. We "talk" here, not "argue" or "trash talk". I would never buy a Camaro myself, but I can admit that those cars are sick. They have repeatedly kicked Ford's @ss year in and year out when it comes to the GT. And here we are with our Cobras, Ford's "supreme muscle car" and it still is only equal to the SS at best from the factory. We still welcome you though or at least I do.

------------------
1997 Cobra (Black on black), C+L 80mm MAF, K+N filter, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, ASP Pulleys, BBK off road H pipe.
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 11:46 PM   #9
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

I'd have to agree, you are going a bit too far here. We tend to appreciate all cars here (even though I can't stand GM). Where was it you saw thise flame on the Cobra's? I take it it wasn't on MustangWorks by your post.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 12:16 AM   #10
rbatson

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic96:
I understand all of you idiots though.... really I do
Hmmm... I don't know what to say without being rude.
Quote:
The orange '00 model SS from S.A.M. is one the fastest in the country and it does not break 10's. There are daily driven (30+miles daily) 4.6L cobras in my Houston area running faster than that and the fastest 4.6L cobra in the country runs 7.31@179.
I understand what you are trying to say but I don't understand your method.
Anyhow, welcome to the board(I think).

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 11/5/2000)
My 97 Cobra
Old 01-02-2001, 12:34 AM   #11
fixer
Registered Member

and at the end of the day f-bods,5 liters, and 4.6s are just cars.
fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 12:41 AM   #12
rbatson

Talking

Whoa.... I never said they were just cars. Least my 89 has an entity.
Old 01-02-2001, 11:32 AM   #13
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

I think you have the wrong sight man. This is a mustang sight and we LOVE cobras. REPEAT: THIS IS NOT AN LS1 SIGHT....OVER. Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 03:12 PM   #14
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool

My bud the Lizard King smoked one last sumer at the races, a Cobra i mean. It was a '98? I know it was a 5-Speed though.

It was the only Cobra i seen run up close.
That's why i'm scepticle about their performance.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 03:44 PM   #15
Silver2000GT
Registered Member

Wink

Love em both and got em both.

"Why can't we just get along?"

------------------
1999 Metallic Blue Pontiac Trans Am
MAF, K/N and Whisper Lid
2000 Silver Ford
Mustang GT