MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-31-2001, 03:44 AM   #1
Nicks5.0
Registered Member

Question Attention PMS owners and guru's...

ok, here's the deal...i run the anderson ford PMS and my baby's been acting up lately....really hard to start and missing alot everywhere in the rpm range. the pms is giving me a trouble code of 0200 which the manual quotes as "spark output fault" i replaced the TFI module, this helped initially, but it still misses and is hard to start. i am going to replace the cap and rotor(i use accel products) but i feel my wires are still good, i run the accel 300+ wires. i also plan on checking the tps, but i dont think this is the prob as its fairly new, with the tb, and was accurately set a couple months ago. the coil is less than a year old, so once again, i dont believe that is the prob, i am going to check it though. do you guys have any other ideas for me??? this thing NEEDS to pass emissions by this friday, the 2nd of Feb, and i know it wont pass missing like it is. thank you in advance, nick. sorry its so long

------------------
1990lx coupe, 302, gt40p heads, wolv 1087 cam, 1.7rr's, 65mm tb, 75mm maf, comp box on top of cobra lower, anderson ford pms, full exhaust, drag type susp. and 3.55's. traps 105mph
Nicks5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 03:46 AM   #2
Nicks5.0
Registered Member

oops, sorry, forgot this part...it will barely idle in addition to the other problems mentioned. thanks again, nick
Old 01-31-2001, 09:35 PM   #3
n20lx
Registered Member

Try taking it off & see if the problem goes away.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 02:45 AM   #4
Nicks5.0
Registered Member

ttt
Old 02-02-2001, 01:15 PM   #5
nosfed
Registered Member

my first guess is to replace the accell wires. I used to run a speed shop and our distributors always discouraged me from buying any accell wires. They recommended msd or taylor, and we sold them without any problems. Just my .02
nosfed is offline   Reply With Quote