MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cobra's are slow... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=38664)

Skyman 08-21-2003 12:49 PM

Cobra's are slow...

Haha, Just kidding. I just bought a new 98 Artic Blue cobra coupe w/ 29k miles. All stock except for lower springs and koni yellows. Sweet car, and it sure is nice to be driving something new again, but compared to my 93 and the saleen its amazing how slow a 300hp car feels. haha.

But I am loving it, handles awesome, stops great, and plenty of power.

I just wish the seat would go back farther!

Skyler

Dark_5.0 08-21-2003 12:54 PM

Sweet the 96-98 cobras are awesome. Good power with a solid axle.

Your building up a rather impressive collection of stangs:D

Bastard,:p

Skyman 08-21-2003 01:25 PM

Thanks man. Budget says atleast 1 has to go. Girlfriend says 2. Haha. Im not sure which one I'm gonna let go of yet. The saleen is just sweet cuz its a saleen, but the 93 is the fastest so Im not sure yet. Anyone interested in a DOHC notch? Its definatly 11sec fast.

Skyler

Dark_5.0 08-21-2003 02:28 PM

How much would you want for it?

69fastback 08-21-2003 03:35 PM

Damn I quess I am going to have to go buy another mustang to keep up. I saw the Mach 1s the other day and wanted to trade in my truck for it but the wife wouldn't let me:( . Good thing though I want one of the Competition Orange ones that are for 2004.

Nice car Sky. I wish i could get back to Southern Califronia one of these days to race you.

1BAD89 08-21-2003 05:17 PM

I was beginning to think everyone from back in the day was long gone. Nice collection of cars man, how much you want for the notch? :D

srv1 08-21-2003 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BAD89
I was beginning to think everyone from back in the day was long gone. Nice collection of cars man, how much you want for the notch? :D
Yeah its like a highschool reunion! Damn Sky, you have some nice cars. Havent been around much. How is your 93 doing anyways? Going to have pics of the 98? Cool cars! Dont listen to the girlfriend, you will kick yourself in the asz if you get rid of 2!

James:cool:

MTU 50 08-21-2003 09:02 PM

That'd be sweet to have that Notch, but I am broke as hell right now.:(

On the 98. Yeah, they do still look nice. I'm thinking of trying to find a Black 96-98 Cobra for the fiancee after we get hitched in a few weeks or so. That is, if I get the job I interviewed for last week.

Maybe I can talk her into a low 12/high 11 sec notch.;)

MidNiteBlu 5.0 08-22-2003 03:20 AM

Uh Oh is 1BAD89 thinking of going back to a Mustang? ;) :D

302 LX Eric 08-22-2003 07:48 AM

I still think Sky's 1993 Notch w/DOHC Cobra motor is freakin' cool. If it were me, that would be the definite keeper! Too cool. :cool:

E

1969Mach1 08-22-2003 08:21 AM

Congrats on the 'stang!
I saw one like yours at a local show a few weeks ago.... They look so damn sharp! You have to get a group photo of all your stangs. :D :D :D

I usually just read the threads now, don't post as much. But seein' all the pioneers post figured I had to say something. :D :D This site has really died down. :(

-Sam.

blue00gt 08-22-2003 10:59 AM

Good to hear you got the notch all worked out. Hmmm... looks like I'm the closest so I could get there first to look at it and wave some cash in your face for it :D .

tireburner163 08-22-2003 12:43 PM

hummmm......tough call. I say keep them all and just sell a kidney

Skyman 08-22-2003 01:59 PM

I wish I could keep em all, but I dont have the parking space or money to do it.

Im still fixing up some things on the notch. I probably wont have it ready for sale for 6 weeks or so.

Heres the run down. Black interior, 98k miles, 2.73 gears (which I may switch to 3.73s before I sell it) its the dark 93 red paint original. It has 2002 GT seats, back seat delete. Tubular K-member, coil overs w/ 400lb rate front springs, big 4 row aluminum radiator w/ dual flex fans. Full exhaust and headers, I am pretty sure it has a modified intake but I am not positive. Custom diablo chip for the conversion. It has a Tremec 3550, and it has an over kill on gauges. It has 3 in the center, boost, fuel and oil pressure. Then on the A-piller it has, air/fuel, oil temp, and water temp. It has mis-matching rims, but it will have 15" welds all around when I sell it. The motor has 45k miles and the tranny less than 10k. Its 4 lug all around and the brakes work great. I need to fix the heater, and there is no A/C. When Im done getting it all in shape, I think its worth ~7500.

Skyler

The Deuce 08-22-2003 03:49 PM

What of that isn't done yet?

I'm going to unload the bike, maybe we trade?

Skyman 08-22-2003 06:46 PM

Deuce, if it was to someone I knew like you, I would give you all the parts, and if you were going to finish the work I would say ...5900..., but you'd have to let me drive it down the track just once, I want to see how fast she'll go. Its definatly quicker than my saleen even w/ 2.73's.

Skyler

Hethj7 08-22-2003 09:36 PM

Man, tough choice. I don't know if I could let any of those cars go.

The Saleen has been your baby for a long time, and it's a Saleen.

A fox body with the DOHC motor in it. What is not to love about that? I would love to have one.

And your new Cobra......like you said it is always nice to have something a little more "refined" to ride around in. (Funny that I am calling a Cobra refined, but compared to our old 5.0's, I guess it is).

I often wonder what will become of my stang in a year or so when I graduate and get a real job and some money. Some days I think I could let it go, but deep down I don't know if I could ever get rid of it.

joe4speed 08-23-2003 05:43 PM

Congrats on the Cobra!!! Post some pics when you get them! :)