MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-31-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs down columbia unv needs to burn

jerkoff proffesser say's he hopes all the american boy's die in iraq, wtf, clintonism, straight up . i'm headed for dc , aaaahhhhh i hate these f------ , damn them.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:36 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I didn't hear what your refering to... more info?
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:38 AM   #3
TruBluePony
Registered Member

I seen the same thing in the paper here. I'm working on finding that guys email address at Columbia. I figure it must be listed somewhere on their website. I figure we can sign him up for everything we can. I'll post it if I find it.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Heard about that. Made me sooo mad. I'm usually a pretty easy goin' guy and hard to piss off, but when it comes to idiots like these...oh man. That lights my fire.

He was quoted as saying that he would like to see "a million Mogadishus" which refers to the 1993 ambush in Somalia that killed 18 American soldiers.

He also had the balls to say that "the only true heroes are those who find ways that help defeat the U.S. military." He went on to say that Americans who call themselves "patriots" are white supremacists.

The really sickening part is that this guy's (De Genova is his name) comments about defeating the United States in Iraq were cheered by the crowd of 3,000 as reported in Newsday.

The guy who organized the "teach-in" rally said that he strongly disagreed with him and that if he had known what he would say, he would have been reluctant to sign him up.

There are some SICK MOTHER ******* out there. Where the hell does he think his freedom comes from??? Lots of our boys (and more recently our ladies) have died defending the interests and freedoms of this country, and he goes and spits in their faces like that. Son of a crack *****. In the words of a certain Major Payne, he needs to be monkey stumped and have his brains shipped back to his momma.

These radical leftists out there who say that the truly patriotic thing to do is speak discent have carried it too far. Sure, stand up for what you believe, but don't betray your country or your countrymen.

Frickin' idiots.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation The true face of the American Left today

E-mail addys for Nicholas de Genova and Columbia President Lee Bollinger:

npd18@columbia.edu

bollinger@columbia.edu

Columbia Professor De Genova let down the mask and showed us what the leftists in America really think of their country and it's citizens. They hate our guts, wish us dead and the United States destroyed. This is the real face of 'liberalism' today and why I spend so much time and effort fighting it wherever I can, including here on the internet. It's not just about 'politics' but about the hate the American left has for our way of life and our freedoms. They abuse them, as De Genova did in his Columbia speech, then dare us to stop them, and we cannot if we want to remain true to our constitutional heritage. What is left? Confront, rebuke and debate them whenever and wherever you can, as I do. Get the facts and the truth out. Their hatred for President Bush is scary and I believe makes some liberals delusional but all the same, while men like Nicholas De Genova turn off Americans by the millions, we still need to refute the lefts lies and distortions.

America did not become the greatest nation on earth through repression and warmongering but through our constitutional freedom and equality for all to succed as far as their abilities and ambition will allow. America is one of the most generous nations on earth and we even fight wars in a humane manner, in contrast to the brutal but cowardly Iraqi soldiers that use women and children to hide behind and fire at unarmed civilians, then accuse the U.S. of doing it. That a hard-leftist and America-hater like Nicholas De Genova doesn't understand that is his problem and the problem of those misguided students who cheered his hateful remarks when they should have booed him off the stage. Shame on Nicholas De Genova and shame on Columbia University for having such an America-hater on it's faculty.

And ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall set you free.

Last edited by Mr 5 0; 04-01-2003 at 04:44 PM..
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #6
Shaggy
Registered Member

You beat me to it 5.0 but as an addon here is a little more info.

Name: NICHOLAS PAUL DE GENOVA Ph.D., University of Chicago

Title: ASST PROF

Dept: ANTHROPOLOGY

Mail Addr:
DEPT OF ANTHROPOLOGY
416 HAMILTON
mail code 2880

Phone:
MS 4-0199
+1 212-854-0199

Fax: +1 212-854-0500
UNI: npd18
EMail: npd18@columbia.edu

The central concerns of my research and teaching include: labor and class formation, racialization, the production of urban space, nationalism, the politics of citizenship, and transnational social processes, especially migration. My ethnographic research explores the social productions of racialized and spatialized difference in the experiences of transnational Mexican migrant workers within the space of the U.S. nation-state. More specifically, I examine transnational urban conjunctural spaces that link the U.S. and Latin America as a standpoint of critique from which to interrogate U.S. nationalism, political economy, racialized citizenship, and immigration law. This work contributes to a reconceptualization of Latin American, Latino, and "American" (U.S.) Studies. Likewise, I am interested in the methodological problems of ethnographic research practice and the limits of anthropological disciplinary forms of knowledge and modes of representation.

Representative Publications:

1995 "Gangster Rap and Nihilism in Black America: Some Questions of Life and Death." Social Text 43: 89-132.
1995 "Check Your Head: The Cultural Politics of Rap Music." Transition 67: 123-37.
1996 "Split-Level Bedlam: Chicago at the End of the Twentieth Century." Public Culture 9:1: 114-25.
1997 "The Junkyard of Futures Past." Anthropology and Humanism 22:2: 171-79.
1998 "Race, Space, and the Reinvention of Latin America in Mexican Chicago." Latin American Perspectives 102: 25:5: 87-116.

One last thing here is his department head She is the one who can do the most damage to his immediate carrer.

Joyce Monges
Department Administrator
(212) 854-4552
jhm3@columbia.edu

Last edited by Shaggy; 04-01-2003 at 04:47 PM..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #7
bryan manduley
Registered Member

as far as the "professor" is concerned, i think we should have a large public pit roast bbq. only instead of roasting a pig, we should roast his sorry *****! after he is roasted, he should be fed to the hogs. although the hogs probably wouldn't even eat that
slop (the professor).

sorry, i am just exercising my freedom of speach and opinion.

Last edited by bryan manduley; 04-02-2003 at 02:50 PM..
bryan manduley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #8
Capri306

Maybe we should ask Dan to sponsor a field trip for all MustangWorks members to go down there and kick the asses of all the anti-American pussies out there. What I wouldn't give to have 5 minutes alone with that F Uck and a baseball bat.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:22 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306
Maybe we should ask Dan to sponsor a field trip for all MustangWorks members to go down there and kick the asses of all the anti-American pussies out there. What I wouldn't give to have 5 minutes alone with that F Uck and a baseball bat.
i'm with ya bro let's put a red wing's azzkicking on him lol,count me in send that jerk to baghdad via a cruise missle.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-02-2003, 03:30 PM   #10
bryan manduley
Registered Member

Default i just spoke to the "professors" supervisor.

hi everyone,
i just got off the phone with joyce monges. joyce is the "professors" supervisor. our conversation was concerning the remarks made by the professor. joyce was a very nice lady and was extremely appologetic for his remarks. joyce and other very high up people in the university were very suprised and upset with the remarks that the professor made. if you would like to to talk to joyce about the professors remarks, give her a call.
the above contact information was correct. i know we are all upset by the professor's comments but, please try treat this lady with respect when speaking to her. she and other high up people in the university absolutley do NOT support the views or the comments made by the professor.

Joyce Monges
Department Administrator
(212) 854-4552
jhm3@columbia.edu
Old 04-02-2003, 04:23 PM   #11
bryan manduley
Registered Member

Default I emailed Lee Bollinger

below is an email i sent to columbia univeristy president, lee bollinger.
.................................................. .................................................. .....

Sir,
I am emailing you because I am shocked and outraged by the remarks made by Professor Nicholas de Genova. How could any American or scholar to Americas next generation make these kind of remarks publicly? I sincerely hope that Professor de Genova's remarks and opinions are not a reflection of Columbia University's stance concerning America's present crisis. The coalition forces that are fighting in Iraq did not ask to go there, they were asked to go there by there leaders. We as patriotic Americans should stand behind our troops regardless of how we personally feel about the present conflict in Iraq.

Sincerely,
Bryan Manduley
Old 04-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #12
bryan manduley
Registered Member

Default President Lee Bollinger's statement concerning the "professor's" remarks

below is a statement of recant from columbia university president, lee bollinger. i found this statement on columbia university's home page.
hopefully the "professors" sorry ***** gets fired!

.................................................. .................................................. .....

President's Message
President Bollinger's Statement on Recent Comments by Assistant Professor De Genova
I am shocked that someone would make such statements. Because of the University's tradition of academic freedom, I normally don't comment about statements made by faculty members. However, this one crosses the line and I really feel the need to say something. I am especially saddened for the families of those whose lives are at risk.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:36 AM   #13
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

cool i hope that they boot his a--, what a jerk.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #14
CADreamin
Registered Member

Since then, New York Gov. George Pataki has spoken out against this guy's remarks as well...

My girlfriend is working on her Ph.D. and wants to be a college teacher someday. She deals with schmuck professors (but mostly good ones) all day long and the problem is, once a professor gets tenure it's really tough to get rid of them, even if they do something questionable that would get someone like you or me fired in a heartbeat.

Notice how the statement from the Columbia president expresses regret but makes no mention of how they intend to deal with the situation. He's hedging...

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #15
bryan manduley
Registered Member

hopefully some of the athletes from that school, after a heavy night of drinking will kick the living $hi+ out of that @$$ hole.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:34 PM   #16
bryan manduley
Registered Member

i have not heard back from president bollinger. so, i resent him AND nicholas de gevova a slighly different version of my original email.

President Bollinger,
I am shocked and outraged by the remarks made by Assistant Professor Nicholas de Genova. How could any American or scholar to Americas next generation make these kind of remarks publicly? I sincerely hope that Professor de Genova's remarks and opinions are not a reflection of Columbia University's stance concerning America's present crisis. The coalition forces that are fighting in Iraq did not ask to go there, they were asked to go there by there leaders. We as patriotic Americans should stand behind our troops regardless of how we personally feel about the present conflict in Iraq. As far as the war in Iraq is concerned, what is wrong with trying to give the Iraqi citizens the same freedoms that we as Americans enjoy and at the same time, take for granted? Nicholas de Genova has definitely stepped way out of line this time. Myself and many other Americans are wondering if you and the University are going to do the right thing and fire this sorry excuse for a human being, or are you simply going to let him get away with what he has done.

Sincerely,
Bryan Manduley
Old 04-04-2003, 06:33 PM   #17
bryan manduley
Registered Member

columbia university is letting the "professor" get away with it . below is columbia university president, lee bollinger's responce to my email.

I want to acknowledge your email message concerning Assistant
Professor De Genova's remarks. I am appalled by his outrageous
comments. I want to assure you that his comments in no way represent
my views nor anyone with whom I have spoken at the University. His
comments were not made in a classroom, but rather at a teach-in, an
informal gathering where faculty and students come together to discuss
and debate the pressing and important issues of the moment. They are
not authorized or officially sanctioned classroom experiences.

Assistant Professor De Genova was exercising his freedom of speech
when he made those remarks. However, free speech does not insulate
him from criticism. Our faculty and students, regardless of their
position on the war, have not been silent in their denunciation of his
remarks.

While Nicholas De Genova's words properly invite anger and sharp
rebuke, there are few things more precious on any University campus
than freedom of thought and expression. That is the teaching of the
First Amendment and I believe it should be the principle we live by at
Columbia University.

I appreciate your adding your voice to those who have expressed their
opinions. At a time of war, when American troops are in harm's way,
his comments are especially disturbing. I am particularly saddened
for the families of those whose lives are at risk and who must endure
the pain provoked by his statements.

Sincerely,

Lee C. Bollinger
President
Columbia University
Old 04-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #18
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i think it is important that we recognize, as stated above, that these aren't the sentiments of the university and all those envolved with the university, but simply the statements by one professor with extreme views.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:27 PM   #19
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

imo that overeducated idiot needs to be tried for treason. or put out as point man for the infantry, with no weapon, let's see how much iraqi a--- he kisses then. lol

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #20
XR1stang
Registered Member

nevermind, found it.