Thread: This country
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Capri306

Default Re: This country

Okay, just gonna play devil's advocate here for a second: System of a Down is made of Armenians, who are, classically, oppressed people. They do a lot of advocation for their people's cause, which I'm venturing is freedom & humanitarian pursuits. "Sending the poor" might be their native government's methos of getting things done where they're from. "You depend on our protection" sounds like communism, really.

Take it with a grain of salt. While I'm with you on most of Hollywood and the coasts "losing it" when it comes to knowing what's right and wrong, these guys are still just entertainers. If they happen to arise an interest in what's happening in their own country through their music, more power to 'em. I think most people here are intelligent enough to realize, once they know about System of a Down's origins, that they're not preaching against the War on Terror. At least that's how I'm looking at it. I realize though, that a lot of their fans are left-wing types (shudders as to why they are allowed to exist) who'd rather protest than do an honest day of work in the real world. Take heart. There are many who think that a lot of America is falling apart. However, I can assure you that as long as my party has control of the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives, we'll continue to fight the good fight.

Rock on.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote