Thread: This country
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #19
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Cool Re: This country

Quote-Liberalism I feel still has a role in America, but a much smaller role than 100 yrs ago, like I said earlier. The biggest issue that I feel they are just in fighting for is Gay Marriage. In another hundered or so years from now (or whenever it is allowed) I feel it will be looked back apon by future generations with shame, much like racism is today. -

...I believe that may happen one day, but not because it is right. Back in some Roman (and/or Egyptian) times it was quite common to be with the same sex, but they were not of the same religion or 'value set' that most people have been under for hundreds of years now.
I think it will happen because of the fall of Christianity these days. The US used to be a major Christian strong hold. Even from its birth.

When I was a kid (I'm only 26 but I do live in the "Bible Belt") WalMart and everything except fast food closed on Sunday. No one mowed the law, or hunted or fished on Sunday either. These days people are becoming bored with the Bible and thanks to Television/Radio/Internet, we've seen a 120 year decline of Religion in general and are much more open to new possibilities and ideas- whether or not you think they are or are not correct. We see violence on a more localized scale such as schools and homes now. It used to be the divorced woman/man across town and now half of marraiges end in the same fate. I'd say to stick with the morals.

Now, if you bring racism into this... that's the same. Slavery has unfortunately been common for all the Earth's history. Sad to think about, and almost down right depressing.

As for me... I'll stick with the Bible. I like what I've read of it, though it's really hard to stick to... especially the "Turn the other cheek" part! Lol!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote