MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-29-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
Unhappy Crashed My Car

I Rear Ended A Focus, Who Slid Into A Jetta Yesterday.

There Was Some Moron In The Merging Lane Next To Me, Who I Thought Was Going To Cut Me Off, So I Looked In My Mirror, And When I Looked Back Ahead Of Me, Everyone Was Stopped.

I Slammed On The Brakes(Which Resulted In Me Sliding Towards The Stopped Traffic), And Slid Into The Focus.

And The Worst Part Is I Dont Have Collision, And My Insurance Will Be $300+ Per Year Without Collision.

Looks Like Im Screwed Once Again.

I Need A New Hood, New Bumper Cover, New Fenders......

I Think I Should Buy A Moped, What Do You Think? HAHAHA
1984 Bronco II, 36" Michelin Military Tires, 95 EFI 5.0, NP435 Tranny, NP208 Doubler, NP205 Transfer Case, Fill Size Solid Dana 44 Front End, WH Progressive Rate Rock Crawling Coils, Bronco 8.8 Rear, Skyjacker Softride Leafs, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Locker. Final Crawl Ratio Of 175:1

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 06:47 PM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It might be time to break out the moped Or maybe use a pedal bike if you want to be really safe!! Seriously, a car is only material and can be replaced. It sucks that you wrecked but be thankful that you didn't get hurt. Hope you get the stang back on the street soon!!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
PKRWUD

No doubt! be glad that YOU are okay, and that you didn't hurt anybody else!!!. It still sucks eggs, but it could have been so much worse! Not much consolation, I know, but still...

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:30 PM   #4
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

So, there were 4 people in the 2 cars, is it 4 points per person, unlike the usual 20points per person, because ther were in the cars, or do i get more points?

does anyone know if i can steal the belt tensioner thing off a 4cyl(will it fit?) or maby a 351?

thanks
1984 Bronco II, 36" Michelin Military Tires, 95 EFI 5.0, NP435 Tranny, NP208 Doubler, NP205 Transfer Case, Fill Size Solid Dana 44 Front End, WH Progressive Rate Rock Crawling Coils, Bronco 8.8 Rear, Skyjacker Softride Leafs, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Locker. Final Crawl Ratio Of 175:1

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
Old 06-30-2002, 07:28 AM   #5
gt lee

Sorry to hear of you bad luck, but thankfully no one was hurt. My sister had a mo ped years ago, and she rode it to work she looked so dumb on that thing, I teased her everytime I saw her on that thing. But it was cheap on gas. Odie
Old 06-30-2002, 07:26 PM   #6
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Man I'm sorry to hear about your wreck. We are the same age and my insurance went up 80 a month after i wrecked. The insurance company didn't know about the accident because i paid for it myself but they found my ticket. I felt horrible after my wrecka nd was in a shitty mood all of christmas break. I'm glad you are ok and that nobody seems to have been hurt. So how bad is the car? Frame bent at all. How hard did you hit the focus.

I cringe everytime I read about someone my age wrecking a mustang because I think of that fiathful December day when i reached for somethnig in the back seat and looked forward only to see a tree.

I hope you get it fixed soon and that your insurance doesn't rape you to bad. I'm glad that my car is under my parents name or my insurance would be completely out of my reach. Its staying pretty much stock this year but next year shes getting built.

JAMES
Old 06-30-2002, 09:34 PM   #7
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

i have pictures, and my insurance is going to be upwards of 50% more, i figure 75% more, but i will call tomorrow to find out for sure. probably like 4000 a year(but i hope not)

im not sure how to post these pictures, bit i have them if anyone wants me to e-mail them.

I dont even have collision!?!

88 GT
Best 60ft. 2.181
Best ET 14.350
Best MPH 98.01
~WRECKED!!!!~
Old 07-01-2002, 12:41 AM   #8
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Be glad your ok, my dads buddy and which we were family friends with his wife and daughter died on Thursday, they lost control and hit a dump truck. The scary thing was that he was over at our house for like 2 hours the night before, and only to think his wife would die along with 1 of his 3 daughters the next morning. And I got to drive the Durango only like 2 months just for like a minute but I hated the feel of it so much. Made me really think about the way I drive, makes me slow down when there is any potential danger.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote