View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default Re: Craziest cop video! I’ve seen in a while!

This kind of thing happens quite often. Mix a young driver with a smirk and a cop with an attitude of entitlement and a false sense of power who expects lots of frightened looks and 'yes,sir, no sir' responses from anyone he chooses to stop, for any reason, and doesn't react sensibly when his latest target seems to (a) not be scared of his authority, and, (b) doesn't back down when threatened. This isn't what these kind of neurotics with a badge are used to and they immediately feel threatened when their usual bully tactics don't work. So, they go ballistic and, in this case, are filmed and caught. Now, the brass have to try and cover for the cop and hope this all blows over. I hope it doesn't. I've known a few cops and they hate these kind of whackados that make all cops look bad. Unfortunately, most police forces, large and small, are infested with them.

Although I have a sneaky suspicion that 'Brett" set this up, in a sense, the cop could have acted reasonably and the recording would be useless against him. Most professional law enforcement officers like the idea of a camera recording their arrests and traffic stops because it protects them from accusations of 'brutality' and so on and of course, knowing the camera is recording tends to keep most cops from going bonkers and treating a citizen, especially one not under arrest, with less than civility.

In any case, the cop in question should be fired - but he probably won't be. Expect him to be ordered to attend 'sensitivity training', 'anger management' and other touchy-feely 'classes' as his 'punishment' along with a period of suspension and, most likely, a stern talking-to by the Chief of Police. Yeah, that'll fix him.