MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
scootro
Registered Member

Default Craziest cop video! I’ve seen in a while!

Work Warning! Explicit language!
Cop gone wild- Lying and making threats just part of his job

1:07
Officer #1: How we doin? What's going on?
Brett: Nothing. sounded nice
Officer #1: Why you parking here?
Brett: Can't I park here? It's a commuter lot right? sounded like valid question, & said in a nice manner also.
Officer #1: Yeah, but we have problems after midnight time. People break into cars. You got any ID on you?
Brett: Yeah, I do.
Officer #1: Can I see it please?
Brett: Did I do something wrong? another valid question
Officer #1: Yeah you're a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: I'm what?
Officer #1: [Leans into the car and yells] You are a suspicious vehicle right now.
Brett: In a commuter parking lot?
Officer #1: Yeah you are cause we have car thieves in here. Yeah you're right.
Brett: Cause I can park right here.
Officer #1: You want me -- You wanna come out of the car? Come on out. Come on out.

1:32
[I exit the vehicle]
Officer #1: Let me see your ID.
[I give him my valid Missouri License]
Officer #1: Let me see your insurance card for the vehicle.
Brett: Did I commit a moving violation?
Officer #1: Yeah you did, when you were coming in here.
Brett: Really? What was that?
Officer #1: Yeah, you wanna try me? You wanna try me tonight? You think you've had a bad night? I will ruin your ****ing night.
[Officer starts to get close up to my face]
Officer #1 You want to try me?
[Officer is inches away from my face, screaming as I'm pinned between him and my vehicle]
Officer #1 Do you wanna try me young boy? Do you want to try me tonight young boy?
Brett: No I don't.
Officer #1: Do you want to go to jail for some ****ing reason I come up with?
Brett: No I don't.
Officer #1: Do you wanna see who knows the law better, me or you. My experience compared to your young ass. Huh? Don't ever get smart mouthed with a cop again. I show you what a cop does. Do you understand me?
Brett: Yes sir.

Officer on unpaid leave after alleged threats against driver caught on tape | Top Stories | KMOV.com | St. Louis, MO

An area police officer is on unpaid leave after making a series of verbal threats to a driver.

The incident happened around 2 a.m. Saturday in a commuter parking lot near I-55 and Revis Barracks in St. George. It started when Brett Darrow pulled in the lot to meet with friends. Sgt. James Kuehnlein followed him and quickly got upset when the driver asked why he was being pulled over.

That driver caught the officer on tape cursing and even threatening to make up charges against him. As driver Brett Darrow questions Sgt. James Kuehnlein, the officer's temper quickly flares. Darrow says he runs his in-car camera anytime he's driving to protect himself against scenes like that.

Darrow says he mounted the camera after getting a ticket a year-and-a-half ago he doesn't think he deserved.

The St. George police chief says this is the first time he's ever received a complaint against Sgt. Kuehnlein during his 2 years with the department.

The chief is investigating and will watch the dash cam video from the officer before making any decisions. Darrow says he wants Sgt. Kuehnlein fired. Right now the Sgt. is on unpaid administrative leave.

The police chief says by the end of the week we should know Sgt. Kuehnlein’s fate. This isn't the first time Darrow has posted video like this. Back in December he had a run-in during at a DUI checkpoint.

Darrow says he just wants to make sure the people hired to protect and serve don't become a danger to citizens.

Fox news interview
MyFox St. Louis | Fox 2 News | KTVI

that’s one crazy cop!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: Craziest cop video! I’ve seen in a while!

Unprofessional Officer. Sad that it takes a civilian to get it on tape to validate a complaint.

Last edited by USMC302; 09-12-2007 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: spelling
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
scootro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC302 View Post
Unprofessional Officer. Sad that it takes a civilian to get it on take to validate a complaint.
and a tape recorder works pretty good, too. not just a camera.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

This kind of thing happens quite often. Mix a young driver with a smirk and a cop with an attitude of entitlement and a false sense of power who expects lots of frightened looks and 'yes,sir, no sir' responses from anyone he chooses to stop, for any reason, and doesn't react sensibly when his latest target seems to (a) not be scared of his authority, and, (b) doesn't back down when threatened. This isn't what these kind of neurotics with a badge are used to and they immediately feel threatened when their usual bully tactics don't work. So, they go ballistic and, in this case, are filmed and caught. Now, the brass have to try and cover for the cop and hope this all blows over. I hope it doesn't. I've known a few cops and they hate these kind of whackados that make all cops look bad. Unfortunately, most police forces, large and small, are infested with them.

Although I have a sneaky suspicion that 'Brett" set this up, in a sense, the cop could have acted reasonably and the recording would be useless against him. Most professional law enforcement officers like the idea of a camera recording their arrests and traffic stops because it protects them from accusations of 'brutality' and so on and of course, knowing the camera is recording tends to keep most cops from going bonkers and treating a citizen, especially one not under arrest, with less than civility.

In any case, the cop in question should be fired - but he probably won't be. Expect him to be ordered to attend 'sensitivity training', 'anger management' and other touchy-feely 'classes' as his 'punishment' along with a period of suspension and, most likely, a stern talking-to by the Chief of Police. Yeah, that'll fix him.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
scootro
Registered Member

Just an update....

ST. GEORGE, Mo. — A suburban St. Louis police officer whose berating of a motorist was captured on video has lost his job.

Aldermen in the tiny town St. George voted 5-0 to fire Sgt. James Kuehnlein. The vote occurred Monday in a session closed to the public. Notice of the firing was posted Wednesday at City Hall.

Motorist Brett Darrow, 20, had a video recorder inside his car. He was at a commuter lot near Interstate 55 in the early hours of Sept. 7 when the officer approached the car.

In a video that got wide viewership on the Internet, Kuehnlein is heard taunting and threatening Darrow, sometimes shouting and using profanity.

Darrow had met with Police Chief Scott Uhrig after the incident to ask that Kuehnlein be fired.

"It's what I wanted the whole time," Darrow told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "The conduct was not forgivable."

Uhrig said he recommended that aldermen fire Kuehnlein based both on his language in the tape and because he violated department policy. That's because Kuehnlein should have been taping the encounter himself with his police car's camera.

No such footage could be found, though the camera is functional, Uhrig said.

The monthly board of aldermen meeting Thursday night was moved to a community center to accommodate the overflow crowd. About 30 people showed up, some defending their town and saying they were proud of their police force.

"This city needs to keep its own police department," said Mike Mosier, a former St. Louis police officer who has lived in St. George for 42 years.

But Alderman Carmen Wilkerson said she fielded dozens of calls from residents in recent days. She said many were from residents who said they were humiliated and embarrassed by the incident.

Aldermen said they planned to review how officers are hired and said the city attorney had looked into the cost of having St. Louis County patrol the city.

Kuehnlein's attorney, Travis L. Noble, said the officer received a letter Thursday detailing the reasons for his firing. Noble said he would review the letter with his client before deciding on a course of action.