MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
aford50lx
Registered Member

Default DAD's in the hospital

This forum is for off topics,so i guess ill share this with all my fellow posters.My dad went into the hospital on tuesday.Hes been fighting cancer for the last year or so,and lately hes been feeling real shitty.Well on tuesday he was hospitalized and now he has a tumor in his neck and one on his spine.Man hes only 63 yrs old,and its gonna hurt like hell to lose him!!!!(GOD FORBID!!) I dont know why im tellin ya all this. I guess i just have to vent.The messed up part is im so close to gettin married again,i dont know how it will be without him not to mention all the advise and somtimes the money that he would spot me when i needed it most. Like when i needed some cash to finish my last 351.Hell its gonna be funny not hearing him tell me to sell that pice of s**t!!! already!!!!!Life sux sometimes!!!!!! Thing is it all happened so damm fast!! I guess what im tryin to say is if you got BOTH your parents or even just one.... love them,tell them you love them cause one day they are gonna be gone forever!!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 01:32 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Damn man, that sucks...but good advice...no one lives forever, everyone is gonna be gone someday, you need to show them you care whenever you can! I'll keep him in my thoughts, and I wish you all the best in everything.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:38 AM   #3
aford50lx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
Damn man, that sucks...but good advice...no one lives forever, everyone is gonna be gone someday, you need to show them you care whenever you can! I'll keep him in my thoughts, and I wish you all the best in everything.

Thanks for the kind words......its nice to hear from good people like you.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

That really sucks dude. I'm sorry to hear such shi**y news. My dad is my best friend. Last year, he was having some heart problems, and was scheduled for surgery. About 2 weeks before, I got a call saying he was in an ambulance on his way to the hospital and they thought he was having a heart attack. My heart fell to the floor dude. I was like 1hr from the hospital, at work when I got the call. It was the most helpless feeling I have ever experienced. Luckily, it was nothing major that time. I hope everything works out ok for him and I'll keep him in my thoughts. I can imagine how you feel, because I know I'd be lost without my old man.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 12:40 AM   #5
aford50lx
Registered Member

Thanks caymon,i just dont know how to feel anymore,its all touch and go from here,but i feel what you said and i thank you.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:29 AM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Default Re: DAD's in the hospital

Quote:
Originally posted by aford50lx
...Life sux sometimes!!!!!!...
Sorry dude, but life sucks a whole lot of times. My dad is 63 as well. There has been at least 2 episodes where he has almost passed out b/c of the diuretics he had been taken for the recently discovered high blood pressure. I felt all alone and my mom was just getting all histerical during the episodes and my brother was away from home. Now the thoughts enter my mind of possibilities of losing him and/or my mom. There was a time when I got "THE PHONE CALL" from my mom at work saying " Honey, come to the hospital after work, they had to take your father to the emergency room." You get that SINKING morbid feeling of despair.

Everything is temporary, forgive me, but my good attitude about life has decreased a lot over the last few months. Moreover, a close friend of mine was rushed to the hospital and had surgery last Tuesday morning (6-10-03) for removal of a malignant tumor at the end of her small intestine. She is a VERY nice person and eats VERY healthfully, but she does not have a good heriditary history (from her parents). This is all a shock to anyone who knows her. Now we're waiting on the biopsy report to see if the cancer has spread. And you know what, I've gotten to the point where my attitude has just been purely pessimistic . Life just seems to STINK sometimes . .... you know what, let me just stop... you need encouragement and I don't think I'm helping..... please forgive me.

I guess the one major thing that helps me to deal with it all is my faith in God and knowing that whenever my parents go, that will not be the end of the matter. I will see them again.

Spend as much time with your dad as you can but also remember that if you were in his place and you had a son, you wouldn't want your son to go through a lot of pain and worry about you, so be strong for your dad and don't let him see you worry too much. If he's like most good dads, he cares about you more than he cares about himself and he wants you and your wife-to-be to be happy.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:48 AM   #7
aford50lx
Registered Member

hey foxbody, i got the "jest" of that post, sorry about your dad, and the high blood pressure, i too feel your pain. But it just seems to me,that there are alot of people in this world who deserve this crap more than our loved ones..... hey im not living in a "rose-colored" world or anything ,but it just seems to me that all the "good" people die and all the scumbags live forever!!! My dad is also waiting for his biospsy report to see if these new tumors are milignant,but he still has the bone cancer!!!!! Hey im 39 yrs. old and i have 4 kids, its just a hard thing to deal with is all.But thanks for the input,and ill try to stay POSITIVE!!!! T hanks again for posting.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:54 AM   #8
Coupe Devil

Hey man I know how you feel. January 4th of this year I was still laying in bed bout 10:00 am... mom and I got a call from my dads work that the ambulance had picked him up at work that he had passed out and had a siezure at work ( Odd .. first time he'd ever passed out or had a siezure EVER ) Got to hospital.. did exrays. cat scans blood tests and all that garb.. He had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball. It was wrapped around that major artery that feeds the brain with blood and pressed against his optic nerve. He had never had any kind of symptoms or anything to give a clue something was wrong. We spent 70 days in 2 hospitals with him. He had a stroke on the operating table, the surgery messed up his vision. he has to walk with a cane, can only see out of less than half of each eye now, he will never work or drive again. I had never realized everything that he done for my family unitl recently when I have had to take over most all the "Man of the house " duties.

He can still do alot but helping mom in the yard.. going to the grocery to grab something quick for supper.. Its so different now its hard to imagine.. its a chore for him to take a shower by himself now. Its just different but It could be worse, he could be dead so im tahnkful everyday that he is still with us.. Just dont ever take for granted what your parents do for you. Regardless if you still live with them or not.. love them, cherish them as someday they will be gone and all you will have left is the wonderful memories.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote